Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

sWirL84

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a comgateaway account.

Going to use the ''get my use address'' to buy my 1st overseas item.

Theres a ''dont use this US address'' as billing address on comgateaway. This means what?

I should use my Singapore address as billing address and the US address as shipping address?

Thanks!

Sadly, not all US sites can use our Singapore address as billing address, in that case, no choice but to use CGW's address.. haha..

But for amazon, can input Singapore's address accordingly for billing. ;)

DeepZpace

Reaction score
Im using viaddress it's a lot cheaper.Fast and reliable service as well. check it out

Viaddress looks good. Is it fast in shipment?

I think I'm not going to use Borderlinx liao, unless got things from UK. Customer service is bloody rude.

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Viaddress looks good. Is it fast in shipment?

I think I'm not going to use Borderlinx liao, unless got things from UK. Customer service is bloody rude.

You like to listen to a bot? Viaddress is a scam company.

bradputt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My experience with them is that they will not charge if they cannot repack.

Therefore I am really surprised that they wanna charge you just to assess, regardless of whether can pack or not.

Can you SIC that email with your personal details covered?

oh sorry i misread,

yes no fee if cannot repack. anyway here's the email i received.

Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that we may put up a repack assessment for you, be advised there will be a repacking fee of 10 USD, the processing time required for repack will be 2-3 business days. In the case whereby the repack assessment is deemed as not repackable, you will not require to pay any fee. Do you wish to proceed?

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Thank you for choosing to shop with us, and we look forward to serving you again.

Warm regards,

comGateway Customer Service Team
customerservice@comgateway.com

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh sorry i misread,

Tell them to proceed then. You have nothing to lose anyway even if cannot repack.

My guess though is they are able to repack for you. :s12:

xiaoicy89

Reaction score
oh sorry i misread,

so did they repack for you?

i also in same situation as u

weight is 2.5kg but the volumetric weight is 7KG

it's double the weight!! end up my shipping so expensive zzz

bradputt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so did they repack for you?

i also in same situation as u

weight is 2.5kg but the volumetric weight is 7KG

it's double the weight!! end up my shipping so expensive zzz

ok CGW just got back to me with the reassessment.

from original 16kg down to 7kg +US$10 repacking fee.

so total savings is US$49 bucks.

still high but cannot complain liao......:(

better than nothing.

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
for vpost issit possible to spilt package in order to avoid the GST? how to go about doing it? i cant figure it out..

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for vpost issit possible to spilt package in order to avoid the GST? how to go about doing it? i cant figure it out..

As long as the Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) of EACH order in a single invoice has package(s) not amounting to more than SGD 400, you are safe.

Last edited:

letonz

Reaction score
anyone have the borderlinx 20% promotion code expire 31 dec. i accidentally deleted my msg. pls share,thks

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I know Kate Spade don't ship to any of the 3 frieght forwarders anymore but can you use Borderlinx Concierge to buy items from Kate Spade?

maritime

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with comgateway overestimating the volumetric weight? I was charged 7 kg volumetric weight (actual weight was around 4-5 kg) but when my package arrived, I measured the dimension, it was only 34 cm x 34 cm x 16 cm = 18496 / 5000 = 4 kg, so the actual weight of the item is actually higher than the volumetric weight.

What should I do in this case? Should I send an email with pictures of the measurement?

The DHL weight is 10 pounds. DHL also measure by volumetric weight/actual weight whichever is higher, right?

Thanks

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with comgateway overestimating the volumetric weight? I was charged 7 kg volumetric weight (actual weight was around 4-5 kg) but when my package arrived, I measured the dimension, it was only 34 cm x 34 cm x 16 cm = 18496 / 5000 = 4 kg, so the actual weight of the item is actually higher than the volumetric weight.

What should I do in this case? Should I send an email with pictures of the measurement?

The DHL weight is 10 pounds. DHL also measure by volumetric weight/actual weight whichever is higher, right?

Thanks

Same issue here.

FedEx shipping to comgateaway weight is 0.5kg.

Comgateaway shipping charges to me:
Actual weight 0.7kg, volumetric 1.3kg, chargable weight 1.5kg

Nw shipping charge on high side even though with 15 % of shipping DBS. Buy from MO cheaper !

1st time using international conceirge services , not sure if the weight calculation is supposed to be like this ?

maritime

Reaction score

Thanks

never mind, my friend measured the dimension incorrectly. the volumetric weight is in fact correct. thanks

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
I have an unpleasant experience with Comgateway.

I had some reward dollars which I intended to use and my items arrived at the CGW hub before the reward dollars expired. However, CGW took quite some time to update their system to show that the items are ready for shipping. However, my rewards expired during that time and CGW refused to admit they caused a delay.

It almost seems they caused the delay intentionally.

exdeejay

Reaction score
CGW always charge on high side and repacking option not available although weight over 3kg, they intentionally did this.

Borderlinx weighted wrongly my package, not to mention extra tax paid to ship through them

For information courier estimated charge per KG is only USD 3.80 for corporate rates, so even with discounts they are still earn big time.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh, second time trying CGW. Items arrived later than expected and all my CGW dollars expired and they are clearly over-charging people by grossly over-stating the volumetric weight. Disappointing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.