ASUS Transformer Prime

azzurri1980

Reaction score
any relase date and price for sg yet? i jumpship from sony tablet to this waiting for the pricing

Welcome to the wait.....don't turn back now, Asus Prime is officially the most powerful and beautiful tablet at the moment

xiaobird

Reaction score
Welcome to the wait.....don't turn back now, Asus Prime is officially the most powerful and beautiful tablet at the moment

issit really worth the wait? does it really as good as it said to be? so far only USA and taiwan out only right? im really on the fence between sony tablet and this asus prime.. dunno which to choose haha

Last edited:

azzurri1980

Reaction score
its worth the wait haha, Power (Quad vs Dual), Looks(thinnest and metallic), operations(optional dock boost battery life and functionality)

The only reason not to go for Prime would be Asus giving a very hefty price local tag for Prime.

So far there isn't any confirm local pricing but according to Taiwan (which won't be too far off from ours), the 32gb Asus cost around SGD SGD762?

Not too bad considering that most of the other 32gb Wifi only tablets cost around 798.

Of course the other reason would be : when will Asus release Prime locally.

xiaobird

Reaction score
im waiting another week see see hope will have announcement for the official pricing this few days...

weibchen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think not enough stock for the initial launch..
Prime wasn't marketed very heavily compared to the TF101..

So initial batch will go to bigger market first to get the profits then when they can cover their production cost, they can push to smaller markets for extra revenue.

azzurri1980

Reaction score
I think not enough stock for the initial launch..
Prime wasn't marketed very heavily compared to the TF101..

So initial batch will go to bigger market first to get the profits then when they can cover their production cost, they can push to smaller markets for extra revenue.

I don't get it, Asus have something seriously good and ahead of the competition but the marketing doesnt seems to be well covered, were they not confident of the Prime or... :s13:

They should learn from Apple, don't think theres any patent for marketing hehe

deathero

Reaction score
just wondering does the tablet comes with ICS preinstalled? Or is still on honeycomb?

weibchen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, Asus have something seriously good and ahead of the competition but the marketing doesnt seems to be well covered, were they not confident of the Prime or... :s13:

They should learn from Apple, don't think theres any patent for marketing hehe

marketing is expensive.
if the product can move by itself, makes no sense to keep blasting the media.

samsung and apple have very deep pocket..

boyanmetal_zc4

Reaction score
Reported before that it will be in Honeycomb but will get the ICS update.

.....and ICS is the combination of the best of Gingy & Honey where the future android phones and tablets can have the same apps for ICS working seamlessly in both world.

.....and wait long long for the 3G version ah.... the debut version took so damn long and even when it was release, it was left unnoticed.

azzurri1980

Reaction score
To everyone who ordered, you gotta wait indefinitely again! New delays!

Yea sad news...high chance no christmas present!

There have been rumors Asus is delaying shipment becos of wifi issue, some pple saying becos of the cool metallic housing, wifi signal is not very good..

Asus havent confirm anything, but the 19th Dec release date seems to be still standing...at least until more news...zzzzzz

xiaobird

Reaction score
phew lucky i din wait for it if not i will be a long neck giraffe like most of you here

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
latest news from Asus Singapore FB, it will be available Jan 2012 and loaded with ICS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.