EDMW Knife Collectors

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
With Christmas coming up in a few days I figured it'd be nice if we have a giveaway just like on the other forums... I don't celebrate but I thought it'd be a nice idea to start one.

Only rules are...

You must be 18 years old and above and you must have at least 3 posts in this thread.

How to win? Simple... Guess how old my cat is in months.

Quote this post and tell me the answer.

lynn01.jpg

Up for grabs...

Dragonfly_Etched_Stainless_6299.jpg

No box will be provided as I would really like to see this end up as a user. Winner will have to collect it from me directly and I reserve the right to check your age.

Start guessing and remember... only one guess is allowed and you are not allowed to edit your post, so you should make it count. Closest answer gets the knife and if there is a tie the earlier poster wins it.

ETA - This knife has been discontinued for a while and has a book value of $130 based on it's MSRP.

6 months old cat :)

Malakite

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the world of knife collecting, and I'd like to ask, are we able to get a combat folder in singapore?

kiwizor

Reaction score
Nice giveaways lonerider. I'll put my guess in at 38 months!

The Boker CLB series are quite nice EDCs in my opinion. I use the smaller wharncliff version for my everyday needs.

Malakite

Reaction score
Hmm as I said, I'm pretty new to this, Actually are there any folders at the 5-6 inch blade mark?

Most I've seen are at the 4inch mark.
I like the blade length of a fixed blade but I find it cumbersome, hence looking for a large folder, preferably with a tanto point.

Lonerider

Reaction score
Hmm as I said, I'm pretty new to this, Actually are there any folders at the 5-6 inch blade mark?

Most I've seen are at the 4inch mark.
I like the blade length of a fixed blade but I find it cumbersome, hence looking for a large folder, preferably with a tanto point.

Most tanto folders are pretty large. The closest I can think of is a Benchmade Mini-Griptillian Tanto and even that is slightly more than 6in OAL. Wjhen customs check knives they don't look at blade length... they look at OAL. They're modestly priced and you get one of the best locking mechanism in the business.

A nicer but more expensive one can be had from Hogue.

And a much cheaper one from Cold Steel... large though.

Why a tanto point?

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Cold steel have large folders: xl voyager tanto, espada, spartan etc etc..
Spyderco has the police models.
Benchmade has the onslaught.

Malakite

Reaction score
Hmmm thanks for the heads up, I guess tanto point coz I like the look I suppose.

What's OAL? Overall length? Whats the permitted Length?

Any recommended sites to buy online? Or should I stick to local stores? Price wise, will want to start low la, don't think my wife will take too kindly to another hobby.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmm... the wife factor, maybe start local?
coz buy online can see :p :p

Loided

Reaction score
With Christmas coming up in a few days I figured it'd be nice if we have a giveaway just like on the other forums... I don't celebrate but I thought it'd be a nice idea to start one.

Only rules are...

You must be 18 years old and above and you must have at least 3 posts in this thread.

lynn01.jpg

Up for grabs...

No box will be provided as I would really like to see this end up as a user. Winner will have to collect it from me directly and I reserve the right to check your age.

Start guessing and remember... only one guess is allowed and you are not allowed to edit your post, so you should make it count. Closest answer gets the knife and if there is a tie the earlier poster wins it.

ETA - This knife has been discontinued for a while and has a book value of $130 based on it's MSRP.

Never owned a knife b4, so gonna try! Hmms, i guess 45 months! :)

kiwizor

Reaction score
Most tanto folders are pretty large. The closest I can think of is a Benchmade Mini-Griptillian Tanto and even that is slightly more than 6in OAL. Wjhen customs check knives they don't look at blade length... they look at OAL. They're modestly priced and you get one of the best locking mechanism in the business.

That's not quite true. I've had experience that swings both ways, depending on who's on duty. Sometimes they look at blade length, sometimes OAL. But by right it should be blade length, so at most go Cantonment collect I guess.

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
cant imagine if you had a 20 inch overall knife with a 2 inch blade and they send it to cantolment.
hmmmm wait a minute... oh ok i see why. coz that'll be a spear! LOL

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Only rules are...

lynn01.jpg

Up for grabs...

wild shot here ,
48 months!

viix

Master Member
Reaction score

Only rules are...

lynn01.jpg

Up for grabs...

Nice! I'm guessing the cat is about 76 months

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.