Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

hw_rgb

Reaction score
Thinking of taking lessons from PDI Steven Ong Choon Tee. Anyone any experience or comments on him.

TIA

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am taking with Mr. Neo Eng Soon.

He has got 56% passing rate (First try).

29 had passed out of 51.

He is pretty old, around age 60+

what he said is pretty blur, but then he let you self learn..
and say you not good when he feels it.

he had got alot of ppl under him.

a army camp of 10 guys all learnt under him.

truesole

Reaction score
hi, any review on mr chua tiam hwee?
can anyone pm me his no. as the there was no response from the number provided at the TP webside when i called and smsed him.

thanks

Invert

Reaction score
Hihi,

Any one here has comments on the following instructors from BBDC:

1. Kae Wen Fatt
2. Neo Thiam Ben
3. Soo Lai Chuan
4. Toh Chuan Huat
5. Ang Chee Seng

These few got quite good passing rates I noticed but looking for some feedback from anyone who learnt under them before?

Thanks in advance!

I personally think that Ang Chee Seng is not a good instructor. His instructions are undecisive and unclear, somehow similar to the instructor (Mr Law) as mentioned in one of the posts around 11 feb 2010.

Last edited:

drivingpadawan

Reaction score
number of florence

I'm learning from Florence, a female instructor. Teaches at Ubi/CDC area. Was highly recommended by my sister who complained about previous male instructors.

I'm at about my 15th lesson now and experience so far is very good. Friendly, nice and most importantly, patient. Never yell or scold, only raising her voice occasionally if you keep making the same mistake. Never waste your time going toilet or whatever. She's quite booked though I think..

PM me if you want her number.

hi can you send me her number?

nenazmi

Reaction score
any PDI to recommend at BBDC , manual.

as long as the instructor never constantly nag or lay down the f word on me.

if can those patient types.

sakura_candy

Reaction score
Any private instructor at Ubi driving center to recommend for a complete beginner? Got the PDL last Sat, but kind of blur on what to do from here.... Take driving lessons first or study and book for FTT?

Last edited:

windcors

Reaction score
Hey guys! If I took my BTT and FTT at SSDC, can I take my private lesson and TP at CDC? And how do I check if my BTT and FTT have expired? TIA

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! If I took my BTT and FTT at SSDC, can I take my private lesson and TP at CDC? And how do I check if my BTT and FTT have expired? TIA

can

btt no expire date
ftt 2 years i think
for ftt, i think have to check from ssdc since u took from there

stan

Reaction score
i forgot who is my private instructor, i learned around 10 lesson(1.5hr each) and passed, how can i find out who my instructor is? is there any record or where i can check,

he is awesome and i wanted to recommend him to my friend.
First lesson blur blur, 2nd lesson he already asked me to drive around, i started to learn parking on 3rd lesson. The rest is just practice and practice and more practice until test date.
i kena 2 points only for giving a thump up to my instructor when i return from the test, else i think is perfect.

Last edited:

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need a PDI for refreshing course. No enrol fee, just pay hr and around Ubi area. Anyone can recommend?

geraldine89

Reaction score
don't ever learn driving from this PDI

Don't ever learn from this private instructor by the name of Peck Chin Huat.
I felt so stupid trusting the testimonals from his website and the reviews I saw from certain forums about this PDI.

Here is how it started, I was looking for a auto PDI and I couldn't decide who I should learn from, so I simply googled for PDI who teach auto car lessons and I saw his website. I read the testimonals and thought that he seemed reliable and a good instructor judging by the positive reviews from his website and some forum posts. So I called him and booked some lessons with him. Then he told me I need to pay an enrollment fee of $50 and also additional $90 for the first two lessons. Then I started to realise how $$ faced he is cause he would always make u pay $ 2 weeks before your actual lesson. (if you don't pay earlier he would give up your driving lesson slot to someone else)

Ok now to the main part of the rant..
During my first lesson, he used only 5 minutes to go through the different components of the car, the buttons, etc.. and his speech was so slurred that I couldn't really understand every single word he said. From this point onwards I knew he is those "heck care", very impatient kind of instructor. After he went through the different components of the car, he told me to change seat with him and then told me to drive. So during the first lesson he told me to drive around ubi, eunos, paya lebar area, and then later he told me to practice my driving in this empty car park. This is when he started to scold me because I did not know how to do the "hand over hand" steering properly. He would get annoyed when I was unable to do it the "right way" after a few times and he was very demoralising and told me if I cannot even do this right I would not be able to drive. But the thing is THIS IS MY FIRST LESSON, of course I would make mistakes and you should be more patient and explain to me the steps slowly.

OK so for the rest of the lessons he would also be very impatient and rude, scold me whenever I make mistakes( for example during parking). If you ask him to explain to you the steps again he would get very annoyed that is why whenever I have questions, I don't really dare to ask him. Another thing that bugs me about him is that he would eat into your lesson time because he would talk to his student during ur lesson timing, or he would be late, or he would go toilet, make u drive to some place to pay for stuff. He also have this bad habit of talking on the phone/using his iPad to surf the net during your lesson.

He is very blur and whenever you book lessons from him, he would write down the wrong timing on your card, so basically I would need to call him and check if the timing for my lesson is right. That time when he booked my TP, I specifically told him to book at a certain timing and then he booked the wrong timing ,and scared me to death. But he managed to change the timing 2 weeks before my TP.

When I was taking circuit lessons from him, he would be very demoralising even during my first and second circuit lesson. He assumed that I knew how to do all the stations and whenever I make a mistake he would scold me. For example the ramp & slope station , I did not know the proper technique for that station during my first circuit lesson and he would scream at me and said that I am stupid and lack common sense. He is such a lazy PDI and whenever I have difficulty getting into the parallel parking lot in circuit he would just sit in the car and scold me unlike other school instructors who would step out of the vehicle and explain to them their mistakes.

During my second last circuit lesson before my TP, he would not take the time to point out my mistakes and instead use the time to watch VIDEOS ON HIS IPAD. YES HE WAS WATCHING SOME TAIWANESE REALITY SHOW on his ipad during my lesson.

Thanks to this horrible PDI, I failed my first TP. So guys, please don't learn driving from him. He is very irresponsible and his english is HORRIBLE(so i hv no idea how the malays/indians students can even understand him. Even his explainations in mandarin is not clear.

I had to learn all the driving techiques by myself and through the tips I get from my friends/forums because his driving tips sucks. My PDI didn't even teach me how to do safety checks for each circuit station, and I only learnt how to do the safety checks properly after asking people on HWZ forums/other forums.

So guys, please DO NOT LEARN FROM PECK CHIN HUAT. HE IS A HORRIBLE PDI. BLACKLIST THIS PDI.

kkennn

Reaction score
Hi,

does anyone have any recommendation for PDI @ ubi (CDC)? hopefully nice/patient/friendly. English speaking would be preferred and would be good if he does pick ups at sengkang/hougang.

looking forward to a favourable reply! thankss hehe ;)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.