How Can I Get To Desaru From Singapore?

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to find out from fellow travellers on how to get to Pulai Desaru Resort from singapore?

Im intending to take bumboat from Changi Village to Malaysia, then from there take a cab there or something along that line.

So would like to know roughly how much does it cost for the taxi ride from the malaysia jetty to desaru?

Or is there any other way of getting there?

reflush

Reaction score
if you drive and have gps, it take about 1hour 45 minute to Pulai Desaru Resort.
i don't know about use taxi or jetty from s'pore

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to find out from fellow travellers on how to get to Pulai Desaru Resort from singapore?

Im intending to take bumboat from Changi Village to Malaysia, then from there take a cab there or something along that line.

So would like to know roughly how much does it cost for the taxi ride from the malaysia jetty to desaru?

Or is there any other way of getting there?

You don't go Desaru by bum boat at Changi. This will be very far and inconvenient. You will have to take taxi (i think is one hour from Pengerang). People don't go Desaru this way.

We usually take ferry from Changi Ferry Terminal in Singapore and Tanjong Belungkor Ferry Terminal (Desaru). From those you can either take cab (approx 10-15 mins) or you can arrange with hotel. They do provide transfer to & fro from terminal at around $20 per pax if i am not wrong. YOu email them and check.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to go there? Someone invited you?

If you book the hotel there, they will provide shutter service from the ferry terminal

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you want to go there? Someone invited you?

If you book the hotel there, they will provide shutter service from the ferry terminal
I just go there see see look look only... if got things there attract me then i will do it loh. I already booked Pulai Desaru through agoda.com...

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
You don't go Desaru by bum boat at Changi. This will be very far and inconvenient. You will have to take taxi (i think is one hour from Pengerang). People don't go Desaru this way.

We usually take ferry from Changi Ferry Terminal in Singapore and Tanjong Belungkor Ferry Terminal (Desaru). From those you can either take cab (approx 10-15 mins) or you can arrange with hotel. They do provide transfer to & fro from terminal at around $20 per pax if i am not wrong. YOu email them and check.
The jetty you are talking about here is the one thats DEEP inside changi and not the one besides changi village right?

I checked that ferry out, they got schedule fix timings right? But heard they dont go Desaru anymore... izzit?

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just go there see see look look only... if got things there attract me then i will do it loh. I already booked Pulai Desaru through agoda.com...

You should call Pulai Desaru whether they provide free shutter from the ferry terminal to the resort.

Do not confuse the 2 terminals:
Changi Ferry Terminal - go Desaru
Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal - go batam and bintan

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
You should call Pulai Desaru whether they provide free shutter from the ferry terminal to the resort.

Do not confuse the 2 terminals:
Changi Ferry Terminal - go Desaru
Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal - go batam and bintan
okay...

Tanah Merah and Changi Ferry quite okay... the confusing one is

Changi Point Ferry Terminal - Besides Changi V, goes Ubin n Penarang
Changi Ferry Terminal - Go Desaru

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
okay...

Tanah Merah and Changi Ferry quite okay... the confusing one is

Changi Point Ferry Terminal - Besides Changi V, goes Ubin n Penarang
Changi Ferry Terminal - Go Desaru

Ya you are right... so clever.

When you take cab to Changi Ferry terminal, please tell him you want to go to the Desaru one. Just in case, the taxi driver blur blur send you tanah merah, bintan/batam one.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
kediraksith,

Do you drive? Drive there is cheaper. No need GPS if you don't have.

That time we drove there (old road) without GPS quite easy road, straight forward. Now got new road, i heard is even easier and faster, express way all the way.

Enjoy your trip.

I ever email Pulai Desaru before, their email is reservation@thepulai.com.my

Their reply to me on my enquiry on ferry and transfer in Oct 2009. I don't know got any changes or not. Please see below for your reference:

We will only take care of your transportation to and from the ferry terminal if you require.Kindly contact the Changi Ferry Terminal (tel :65460650/02-65468518 or e-mail creserv@starcruises.com) for ferry reservation.

Return Land Transfer: Tg. Belungkor / The Pulai Desaru Beach Resort
Adult: RM46.00
Child: RM26.00

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
Ya you are right... so clever.

When you take cab to Changi Ferry terminal, please tell him you want to go to the Desaru one. Just in case, the taxi driver blur blur send you tanah merah, bintan/batam one.
LOL... i sense scarsm... but nvm, that time really read until blur, even ppl arguing also blur.. in the end all in the blur... i trust what google map say so... yea..

And I have tried calling the above numbers, and even more numbers from the net... I wanna enquire about the Ferry Schedule for Desaru but only 65460650 got ringing tone but no one pick up... The only timetable i found have 4 trips but not sure if its up to date. Im travelling on 23rd Jan which is Monday which is also Chinese new year, dunno if got operate. Would like to book tickets but cant even call. Dont wish to travel there then found out either no ferry that day or all sold out... Maybe I try emailing them later.

Anyway I summarized that there are 3 routes to Desaru in order of my preference.

Plan A. Go to changi V, take cab to Changi Ferry terminal. Take ferry to Tanjong Belengkur then from there take Cab to desaru

Plan B (If no ferry). Go back to Changi V and head to Changi Point Terminal and take bumboat to Pengnarang (sungei reggit) then take a LONG cab to Desaru.

Plan C (If no bumboat)... Lan lan suck thumb take bus to Larkin/KotaRaya then take coach to Desaru...

Of all Im most confused over Plan C, some say larkin got bus, some say kota raya got bus... i forgot which one is it, coz i know got one is dun have any bus one...

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
kediraksith,

Do you drive? Drive there is cheaper. No need GPS if you don't have.

That time we drove there (old road) without GPS quite easy road, straight forward. Now got new road, i heard is even easier and faster, express way all the way.

Enjoy your trip.

I ever email Pulai Desaru before, their email is reservation@thepulai.com.my

Their reply to me on my enquiry on ferry and transfer in Oct 2009. I don't know got any changes or not. Please see below for your reference:

We will only take care of your transportation to and from the ferry terminal if you require.Kindly contact the Changi Ferry Terminal (tel :65460650/02-65468518 or e-mail creserv@starcruises.com) for ferry reservation.

Return Land Transfer: Tg. Belungkor / The Pulai Desaru Beach Resort
Adult: RM46.00
Child: RM26.00
err no i dont drive... :p

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ooo, thanks, read it. still think go by bumboat easiest but afraid that afterb reaching penerang no cab...

by bus seem little daunting... and its 1st day of Chinese new year... dunno what to expect...

Took the boat once, it is kinda dangerous as the wave is quite big. But the journey took around 1 hour plus. There is a nice place to relax as it is very relaxing. The hotel is not that expensive and nice to walk around.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
LOL... i sense scarsm... but nvm, that time really read until blur, even ppl arguing also blur.. in the end all in the blur... i trust what google map say so... yea..

And I have tried calling the above numbers, and even more numbers from the net... I wanna enquire about the Ferry Schedule for Desaru but only 65460650 got ringing tone but no one pick up... The only timetable i found have 4 trips but not sure if its up to date. Im travelling on 23rd Jan which is Monday which is also Chinese new year, dunno if got operate. Would like to book tickets but cant even call. Dont wish to travel there then found out either no ferry that day or all sold out... Maybe I try emailing them later.

Anyway I summarized that there are 3 routes to Desaru in order of my preference.

Plan A. Go to changi V, take cab to Changi Ferry terminal. Take ferry to Tanjong Belengkur then from there take Cab to desaru

Plan B (If no ferry). Go back to Changi V and head to Changi Point Terminal and take bumboat to Pengnarang (sungei reggit) then take a LONG cab to Desaru.

Plan C (If no bumboat)... Lan lan suck thumb take bus to Larkin/KotaRaya then take coach to Desaru...

Of all Im most confused over Plan C, some say larkin got bus, some say kota raya got bus... i forgot which one is it, coz i know got one is dun have any bus one...

Oh, no lah, not scarsatic lah, sayang sayang lah.... keke.

Oh if i am not wrong hor, the Changi Ferry Terminal to Desaru is not near changi village leh, is around tanah merah that sketch.

Best you call the resort to ask you to arrange the ferry. Same price i think.

Robisshack

Reaction score
Question

by any chance anyone knows the rate of taxi from JB city plaza to desaru?:s11: for 4 pax

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.