Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Since I am self taught, I'm curious as to what you actually learn.

Do you all import Excel tables using Data Link?

Sheet sets? Dynamic Blocks?

Palettes? Setting up Fields to use dynamic properties etc. etc.

Dimension your drawings, Multiheaders, Annotation scales etc. etc.

What do they teach you exactly?

AhGongGong

Reaction score
I do agreed with jyakku & didi29.
The training they provide to trainees are so basic
that u can learn from any CAD books which u can find
in the library. As long as u finish up the basic autocad
and microstation trainning..( can be within a month or 2)
u will be really to be sell as a skillful cad engineers to customers
( as what they claim on-the job -trainning). But when u
unable to produce what the customers want due to lack
of experience then they will ask for replacement. ( that mean u r
rejected and sent back to office) although due to insufficient training
but the boss scold u for not put in effort in your job.
They are more to say.. :(
Especially the Contract.. word with in word to trap careless ppl in.
Even MOM cannot do anything. :s16:

you must be another supid guy, since more than a thousand trainees graduated and performed well after going though the same trainng, why only you can n ot make. Do you admit that you are stupid.

AhGongGong

Reaction score
Justice Light, since you are so stupid and I believe that you can never survive in this world, please look for the tallest building arround and end your life there.

AhGongGong

Reaction score

I have attended the 3 months training and it was intenssive, that is why you failed to catch up and you are the one to be blamed. There was one bus driver in his 50 in my batch and he can catch up, why can't you? are you slower than a 50++ year old bus driver.
I am doing well and enjoy my current attachment after ending 2 yrs contract and waiting for recommendation by the company for new employment that I like.
What happened to you?
Have you ever ask yourself why? :s12:

AhGongGong

Reaction score
im happy for those who are finishing your 2 years and are looking forward to your bonus, i doubt that they will give you bonus.
if anyone really interested to join them, go for an interview, they will also ask you to do a test, even you don't know how to do, dun worry they will still want you, cos we are their money making tool,
my biggest regret is i didnt ask the ppl around working at the company and end up regretted, to me i have board onto the pirate ship, feel free to ask those ppl working there, they will happily tell you whether is it woth to join.. just my two cent worth.

I got my healthy lifestye bonus twice, contract end bonus and a skill diploma though I still with them while waiting for new job. I never regret joining them as I am skill full in CAD now. :D

AhGongGong

Reaction score
im happy for those who are finishing your 2 years and are looking forward to your bonus, i doubt that they will give you bonus.
if anyone really interested to join them, go for an interview, they will also ask you to do a test, even you don't know how to do, dun worry they will still want you, cos we are their money making tool,
my biggest regret is i didnt ask the ppl around working at the company and end up regretted, to me i have board onto the pirate ship, feel free to ask those ppl working there, they will happily tell you whether is it woth to join.. just my two cent worth.

I remember I took 3 hours to complete the test and scored 15% for the test during interivew. Recently the company gave me the similar test and I have completed it in less than 1 hour and scored 68%. These 2 tests have shown that I have great improvement in my skill. I am now confident to embark my career in CADD. :s12:

What about you? Have you taken the re-test after 2 years? :s12:

AhGongGong

Reaction score

I believe that your biggest regret may not be joining the company, it was your attitude and the peer presure you had around you!
:yawn:

didi29

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

do you know that a coin have two sides, we are just sharing what we have been through, maybe there are things which you dun know wat is going on..
maybe you should have open up your ears and listen to what other ppl is saying

and you are really one lucky fellow to receive the contract end bonus...

Last edited:

AhGongGong

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

do you know that a coin have two sides, we are just sharing what we have been through, maybe there are things which you dun know wat is going on.

didi29: All trainees that I know got their medical no claim bonus every 12 months, performance bonus at the end of their 2 years contract and transfer fees. You must be one of the trouble maker among the trainees and therefore you are now worried that you may not get your PERFORMACE BONUS. Am I right?:s12: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:):):):):)HAHAHA

Not only that, I did called some ex-trainees, they did confirmed that the company did pay them all bonuses stated in the contract. They are now doing very well with their present employment thru the company, aceplp's recommndation.:s12: You are the only few who failed to make it. :yawn:

AhGongGong

Reaction score

didi29:
If denailtan is finishing his 2 years without being terminated, I am very sure that his performance is good, therfore he should get all his bonuses. If you have bad working attitude because of the way you were broght up by your parents, that is too bad. :s12:

AhGongGong

Reaction score

Justice_light:
I do not agree. You must have breached the 2 years contract that you signed when you were desperately looking for a job and then quit the traineeship after taking free training and full salary. This is a form of cheating and MOM will not intervene when the company that you have cheated go after you. Otherwise MOM will become part of the syndicate because of YOU!

You think MOM is as stupid as YOU?
HAHAHA:s12:

didi29

Reaction score
Hi ahgonggong,
i think you are more likely an uneducated person cos your parents never teach u any manners at bringing up ppls parents. Whether i have an attitude problem i know it myself. You don't have the right to lecture me, im just telling ppl my experience working there. It's up those ppl to think of themselves and pls grow up. ..from the way you reply i guess you don't have any much education and inmature.

Last edited:

FerreroForte

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

do you know that a coin have two sides, we are just sharing what we have been through, maybe there are things which you dun know wat is going on..

didi29, i hve my bonuses too!! hw come u ddnt get urs?? :s11:

juz need to fulfil e agrement u sign n do ur job well, at de end of ur contract u will sure get it :s7:

AhGongGong

Reaction score
Hi ahgonggong,
i think you are more likely an uneducated person cos your parents never teach u any manners at bringing up ppls parents. Whether i have an attitude problem i know it myself. You don't have the right to lecture me, im just telling ppl my experience working there. It's up those ppl to think of themselves and pls grow up. ..from the way you reply i guess you don't have any much education and inmature.

Hi didi29

I am a diploma holder, may be you are better educated than me! but I am a man of integrity and know how to thanks other who treat me well. The company pay me full salary every month even during training, gave me free training that worth almost $10,000, gave me no cliam medical bonuses, sent me to attend external training that cost them S$2,500 and coach me on the job when ever I encounter difficulty.
I believe that you did enjoyted similar treatment but now, you turn arround and talk cock, said that the company ill treated you. Are you a human being? If you are more educated then me, you must be an educated barbarian.

LMFAO, HAHAHA....:s12:

didi29

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

it simply pointless to talk to u, if you were you in shoe, you will understand but you dun. Everyone have their own point of view, how have i been treated i know it myself.. you just lack of EQ when replying people. Maybe your thinking is shallow, or still in mature and i dont blame you.
The more you wrote, it sounds like you are someone else trying to promote the place. We are in this forum just to express ourself in what we face or do in certain work place, unlike you, doing personal attack to the ppl in this forum.we are just Giving ppl advice and up to them to decide.
Its good to know that they treat you well and you appreciate them, but not all ppl who work there experience that.. Maybe you are just to0 square to understand..
All the best to you ahgonggong in your future endeavor.

AhGongGong

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

it simply pointless to talk to u, if you were you in shoe, you will understand but you dun. Everyone have their own point of view, how have i been treated i know it myself.. you just lack of EQ when replying people. Maybe your thinking is shallow, or still in mature and i dont blame you.
The more you wrote, it sounds like you are someone else trying to promote the place. We are in this forum just to express ourself in what we face or do in certain work place, unlike you, doing personal attack to the ppl in this forum.we are just Giving ppl advice and up to them to decide.
Its good to know that they treat you well and you appreciate them, but not all ppl who work there experience that.. Maybe you are just to0 square to understand..
All the best to you ahgonggong in your future endeavor.

didi29
Since you did not deny that you have gone thru the training as I did, received full salary during training, spent company money attending costly external trianing, why are you still talking cock now?
You have confessed that you to have attitude problem, I propose that you should go to IMH for treatment. Maybe you have depression or autism. Early treatment will certainly help you to recover and live a normal life.

LOL....HAHAHA :s12:

SotongBoy5566

Reaction score
Its good to know that they treat you well and you appreciate them, but not all ppl who work there experience that..
hi, i work there and i am treated fine. i haven't heard my colleagues being unhappy. what happened to make you say otherwise? asking cos you seem to be one of the unhappy minority.

didi29

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

its seems that you just dun understand, as i mention before whether i have attitude problem i know it myself and my mind is much more clearly then you. As for you, go and learn some EQ before you start blasting at other ppl.
its pretty waste of time to argue abt this matter as it is turning out to be a personal attack,for example- in cyber space you can do what you want, say whatever and do mutiple accounts to back up your say...whatever it is, in the end everyone go through different experience.. If there is a course for improving EQ, i think you should attend one, as it will enchance and improve yourself.. .

There is no right or wrong, ppl just have different point on view on what they experience and happy chinese new year to u too..

AhGongGong

Reaction score
hi ahgonggong,

its seems that you just dun understand, as i mention before whether i have attitude problem i know it myself and my mind is much more clearly then you. As for you, go and learn some EQ before you start blasting at other ppl.
its pretty waste of time to argue abt this matter as it is turning out to be a personal attack,for example- in cyber space you can do what you want, say whatever and do mutiple accounts to back up your say...whatever it is, in the end everyone go through different experience.. If there is a course for improving EQ, i think you should attend one, as it will enchance and improve yourself.. .

There is no right or wrong, ppl just have different point on view on what they experience and happy chinese new year to u too..

didi29, so now are you trying to say that
1 you have multiple accounts to backup what you said
2 so that you can any how talk cock in the forum?

If yes you should be banned from this forum! Because what you said could mislead other innocent ppls.

So I conclude here
1 you have received the full training as what I did
2 received the full salary during throughout the training
3 benefited from external training fully funded by the company

I would like to ask you one more time
1 are you a human being?
2 What level of EQ do you have?
3 Did your parents tought you to grateful to others?

HAHAHA....:s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.