NZ-SOUTHISLAND158.jpg

NZ-SOUTHISLAND183.jpg

NZ-SOUTHISLAND956.jpg

NZ-SOUTHISLAND1558.jpg

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking of gg new zealand in early march this year. I think it will be autumn. Is it advisable to visit new zealand in autumn?

can anybody share their itinerary? Thank you.

ahbui83

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking of gg new zealand in early march this year. I think it will be autumn. Is it advisable to visit new zealand in autumn?

can anybody share their itinerary? Thank you.

Im going to NZ by airasia from 14 march - 31 march. The weather should be quite cooling in autumn. Im still planning my itinerary and will post it up once its done!

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Im going to NZ by airasia from 14 march - 31 march. The weather should be quite cooling in autumn. Im still planning my itinerary and will post it up once its done!

hi, most likely i will be going in early march. Have u book ur air ticket? which island u visiting?

Please sic ur itinerary when it is done. thank you. :)

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use tripit to plan itinerary. I found it useful coordinating with my wife when planning.

r_balest

Reaction score
I was there last year..right before the earthquake, on the morning past midnight, I drove to Cape Foulwind.
The wind was unbelievably very strong, one local was taking his dog for a walk told me , it was unusual for the wind to be this strong.

My brother, which was with me at the time, I believe he weighed up to 90 kg, couldn't walk straight and was slammed to our parked car due to the strong wind.

All the best for the people in NZ. Hope they can rebuild everything. It is a very nice and tranquil country to visit. (Though I was fined for speeding but that was totally my fault. They take very serious approach for those who speed)

junichi

Reaction score
Hi all ..I'm oso gg in apr..any accommodation to recommend n car rental ? Thanks all!!!

ahbui83

Reaction score
hi, most likely i will be going in early march. Have u book ur air ticket? which island u visiting?

Please sic ur itinerary when it is done. thank you. :)

I have booked my air tic. I will be focusing south island. yes yes.. still finalising my itinerary. will sic once done

freestyleong

Reaction score
Ya, would say NZ is one of the best places in the world for scenery! Its easy to travel, tourist friendly too. Great place for trekkers, photographers and ppl who love nature. Was there on Work and Holiday Program last year.. really miss this place. Will go back in a few years time.

freestyleong

Reaction score
Hi for cheap deals around queenstown, you all might wanna visit (.bookme.co.nz/bookings/queenstown/home.(ala-Groupon-ish)

If you are going on a long haul and are saving on accommodation, you can decide to choose to stay these network of hostels named BBH: (bbh.co.nz) need to buy the card first, NZ$40; which includes NZ$20 for calls). Accommodation in dorms can be as cheap as $15(or even lower) to $30 in more ulu areas.

freestyleong

Reaction score

I believe in Autumn, Lake Wanaka will be very beautiful with yellow leaves that contrast with the lake water. Another place to go is Arrowtown near Queenstown; its quite touristy though.

Heard Rob Roy Glacier trek near Wanaka is great too.. too bad I did not have time to do it.

But do take note of the weather in middle-late winter.. it gets pretty wet during that period. Do tune in to the metservice.com often for the latest updates.

Last edited:

junichi

Reaction score
I have booked my air tic. I will be focusing south island. yes yes.. still finalising my itinerary. will sic once done
Hi..I am oso forcusing on south island for ard 10 days..planning to self drive...can sic me oso? Thanks !!!

dojob

Reaction score
If you are going queenstown

and i stay here at queenstown
Go tripadvisor webby and search for Oaks Club Resort

Make sure you drop by wanaka many things to do there can search there also

kaicheng83

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea which prepaid data sim card is recommend to use in South Island?

I be going from 24 Feb ~ 10 Mar

Thks

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi for cheap deals around queenstown, you all might wanna visit (.bookme.co.nz/bookings/queenstown/home.(ala-Groupon-ish)

If you are going on a long haul and are saving on accommodation, you can decide to choose to stay these network of hostels named BBH: (bbh.co.nz) need to buy the card first, NZ$40; which includes NZ$20 for calls). Accommodation in dorms can be as cheap as $15(or even lower) to $30 in more ulu areas.

Hi freestyleong,

Did u use the website below for the discount booking? is it real
?

Bookme Queenstown

freestyleong

Reaction score
Hi Kurosaki @ Ichigo,

I did not use the website to book but my friends from Msia have bought the vouchers and actually used them. Milford Sound cruise tour is real just that you must have your own transportation to the meeting point.

Hope it helps. :)

freestyleong

Reaction score
Hi..I am oso forcusing on south island for ard 10 days..planning to self drive...can sic me oso? Thanks !!!

Hey Junichi, what you can do is maybe go buy a pre-paid Sim card from any convenient shop. Then maybe you can ask for a top up value of I think at least $20 or something. I used the brand "2deg" as my friend passed that to me before I went over to NZ.

For topping up is rather easy, the cashier will pass you a receipt and you just follow the instructions on it. Or you can ask the cashier to help you. Normally they are v friendly and willing to help.

Do note its expensive to make phone calls. Better to text if possible or use landlines.

Do note the internet in NZ is damn ex and they plans are offered in terms of bundled data.

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Kurosaki @ Ichigo,

I did not use the website to book but my friends from Msia have bought the vouchers and actually used them. Milford Sound cruise tour is real just that you must have your own transportation to the meeting point.

Hope it helps. :)

Hi, is the Milford sound cruise same as the other cruise? Will be driving so gg to the meeting point is not a problem.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.