The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwirus

Reaction score
This one i nvr use b4, for me i'm using Prejume wax currently,i has stronger holding power as well as easy to wash off.Although the holding power is good but if u wan the wax to hold for one whole day , i think need use with spray. I heard alot people using Uevo maybe u can consider that also.
icic.. I nv see uevo and prejume at venus and I'm lazy to go chinatown.. That's why I was thinking of buying waxes that is more accessible from my house haha..

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can give a review on Uevo before I get it from a bro's MO? Currently using Renati Paste and yes, its good. Was complementing to try Uevo or Sebastian Craft Clay. Which is better for short hair?

MookieTea

Reaction score
Anyone knows what hair wax or hair spray guys use to get their hair shiny/healthy/glossy looking without the wet look? It's quite common now.. :s11:

blu3r4in

Reaction score
Anyone can give a review on Uevo before I get it from a bro's MO? Currently using Renati Paste and yes, its good. Was complementing to try Uevo or Sebastian Craft Clay. Which is better for short hair?

I am using Uevo Grey, nv tried sebastian before though. But i prefer Uevo to Renati.

Uevo has a nice smell, the wax is something like samourai not as dry like renati, it's easy to wash off and gives a matte finish. Holding power is good as well but i still recommend hair spray for the finish to fix yr style.

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using Uevo Grey, nv tried sebastian before though. But i prefer Uevo to Renati.

Uevo has a nice smell, the wax is something like samourai not as dry like renati, it's easy to wash off and gives a matte finish. Holding power is good as well but i still recommend hair spray for the finish to fix yr style.

From the MO, it says Uevo styling wax so I am not sure whether is it the same as your Uevo grey. Can't seem to find much info about this particular brand also... It yours the design cube, square shaped?

EDIT:Yes, the MO is selling the design cube. Have you try the other colors before? He is selling at $35 for what look like a very small bottle to me...

Last edited:

blu3r4in

Reaction score
From the MO, it says Uevo styling wax so I am not sure whether is it the same as your Uevo grey. Can't seem to find much info about this particular brand also... It yours the design cube, square shaped?

EDIT:Yes, the MO is selling the design cube. Have you try the other colors before? He is selling at $35 for what look like a very small bottle to me...

Yes, mine is the design cube, i only tried the grey, not sure about the other colours, it looks small but its actually about the same as gatsby size 80g.

Coiffure

Reaction score
anyone used osis+ flexwax before? how is the hold like and does it wash off easily? I have been using the osis+ hair spray and dust it powder for a while.. So I was wondering if the wax is any good..

hey wirus! :) the flexwax is water soluble and washes off easily. however, in my opinion the holding power is moderate and because it is a cream-based product, it is does not make ur hair look matt. For your consideration. :)

Coiffure

Reaction score
Anyone knows what hair wax or hair spray guys use to get their hair shiny/healthy/glossy looking without the wet look? It's quite common now.. :s11:

Thats really complex. any picture to show how it looks like so the peeps here can recommend something? :p

MookieTea

Reaction score
Thats really complex. any picture to show how it looks like so the peeps here can recommend something? :p

ale-ash-stymest-boy-button-down-class-Favim_com-202740.jpg

tumblr_lxzz8ujyPU1qaswz3o1_500.jpg

SAS.png

Similar to those comb back hairstyle. It's kinda natural looking but at the same time glossy/shiny, but not the wet look kind? It might be hair cream or hair serum or spray thou. :s22:

Last edited:

Coiffure

Reaction score
oh.. that's a pretty popular hairstyle recently.. my best bet would be gel/glue type for it to hold the hair back like that and keep it there.. however, it would not look as natural as in the pic.. so the next best in my opinion would be clay types. one with solid hold and would create natural texture. that's provided if you have thick and soft hair to start with..

Revuelto

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to share some info. In this hair thread, some bros here recommended hairstylist Joanne, previously from Hair Sense @ FEP. Now she has left and open her own salon, Hair Couture @ FEP #02-19. Just went to her and I would say I am very satisfied with her work and definitely will visit her again. Charges are reasonable as well, guys cut from $30-$35.

Last edited:

Nickttmseller

Reaction score
Anyone been to XQUIZIT HAIR DESIGN ? How was it ?

Anyway if it's not good , pls also state if there's any good salon with good hairstylist in the west area.

Last edited:

Coiffure

Reaction score
Yup i've personally used it. Although its says matte, it actually creates a light shine when used on dry hair and the amount of shine can be vary depending on the dampness of your hair (the wetter the shinier).

unity58

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone went to mode hair gallery to color and cut b4? is it gd? they having promo nw but i cant find much review on them. anyone can advise?

wanting to do color and cut...looking at hair couture, hair sense gallery or mode hair gallery...any advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.