Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

bryaneo

Reaction score
May i know what is the best choice for running:
1 X U2311
2 X 17inch (1280x1024)
My choices are mainly limited to ATI cards due to the need for displayport.

No gaming at all, but i do playback HD videos and generally heavy multitasking, no 3D or photoshop stuff though.

My current powercolor 5450 512mb lags whenever i play a HD video full screen. Even with CoreAVC codecs and MPC-HC or PowerDVD

Current card is bought as my old XFX 5450 1GB with DP/DVI/VGA has decided to up lorry. So i am only currently running 2 displays.

My choices are currently limited to low profile cards, but i am open to suggestions on full height cards also.

Thanks!

Fillzz

Reaction score
Omg graphic card spoiled..
Please recommend me a buget of ard $200 graphic card.
Cpu specs are
i5-2400 @ 3.10ghz
8gb ram
Psu 300w

x3illuminate

Reaction score
1 X U2311
2 X 17inch (1280x1024)

No gaming at all, but i do playback HD videos and generally heavy multitasking, no 3D or photoshop stuff though.

My current powercolor 5450 512mb lags whenever i play a HD video full screen. Even with CoreAVC codecs and MPC-HC or PowerDVD

Current card is bought as my old XFX 5450 1GB with DP/DVI/VGA has decided to up lorry. So i am only currently running 2 displays.

My choices are currently limited to low profile cards, but i am open to suggestions on full height cards also.

Thanks!

What's your CPU/PSU specs?
Might want to get a 6870.

bryaneo

Reaction score
It's a SFF dell optiplex, core 2 duo E4400, PSU should be only 300w.

Yes i know it is pretty much the age of dinosaurs, but was thinking of holding out for another 6mths to 1year before i get a new rig.

What's your CPU/PSU specs?
Might want to get a 6870.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 X U2311
2 X 17inch (1280x1024)

Thanks!
Most ideal card for you. :D

Sapphire HD 6450 1GB FleX @ $107 (Bizgram)

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1086&lid=1&pid=1414&leg=0

Don't even requires DisplayPort.

Last edited:

luvwings

Reaction score
Hi all.. I am looking at getting a new graphic card to upgrade from my current one. hopefully something which can last a few years gaming. Currently im running with a 9800 and from i can see there are alot of recommandation on 6850. can i confirm if this is refering to the radeon one?

My budget is around 300 so i am open to suggestions...

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which card should i go for???

Hello with a max budget of 350 which card can i get for???

Might want to get a GTX-560-ti but are there other cards similar to it???
In terms of perfromance and power efficiency.

PS: What i mean is that I can have a card that can allow me to control between gaming and idle.

x3illuminate

Reaction score
Hi all.. I am looking at getting a new graphic card to upgrade from my current one. hopefully something which can last a few years gaming. Currently im running with a 9800 and from i can see there are alot of recommandation on 6850. can i confirm if this is refering to the radeon one?

My budget is around 300 so i am open to suggestions...

6850 is from AMD,basically 3 digit is from nvidia,4digit from AMD.
With a budget of 300,might want to get the 560TI,there's one from LeadTek for $299

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello with a max budget of 350 which card can i get for???

Might want to get a GTX-560-ti but are there other cards similar to it???
In terms of perfromance and power efficiency.

PS: What i mean is that I can have a card that can allow me to control between gaming and idle.
ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1GB DirectCU II TOP
Sapphire HD 6950 1GB Dirt3 Edition

Both @ $339.

luvwings

Reaction score
sry just to confirm my MB cannot do xfire right? 6850 or 6950 can do xfire right? in this case i just need 1GB not 2GB correcT?

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sry just to confirm my MB cannot do xfire right? 6850 or 6950 can do xfire right? in this case i just need 1GB not 2GB correcT?
Assuming you are still using the motherboard on your profile >>>

Cannot since motherboard only got 1 PCIe X16 slot.

bryaneo

Reaction score
Nice! I always looked only at those few shops, didn't really pay attention to bizgram.

Thanks for the help MoneyFace!

Will this still be good if i change all the FHD monitors in the future?

No gaming, but i do watch HD videos on one monitor while working on the other two .

Thank you!

Most ideal card for you. :D

Sapphire HD 6450 1GB FleX @ $107 (Bizgram)

Sapphire Technology Web Site

Don't even requires DisplayPort.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice! I always looked only at those few shops, didn't really pay attention to bizgram.

Thanks for the help MoneyFace!

Will this still be good if i change all the FHD monitors in the future?

No gaming, but i do watch HD videos on one monitor while working on the other two .

Thank you!
Though Bizgram sells it cheapest, their shop don't earn any decent reputation so please be caution when buying that card.

This card can support 2 (Single-link DVI and HDMI) port at until Full HD, the other port at more than that. So no worries. :)

Last edited:

bryaneo

Reaction score
I fully understand, hence reason for me overlooking that particular pricelist all this while.

Yup i understand about the specifications part, but i just want to know if based on this GPU core and the 1gb VRAM, can it still drive 3xFHD mointors smoothly with 1 playing a video?

My currently sapphire 5450 512mb is fail at doing 1 FHD and 1 17inch.

Thank you!

Though Bizgram sells it cheapest, their shop don't earn any decent reputation so please be caution when buying that card.

This card can support 2 (Single-link DVI and HDMI) port at until Full HD, the other port at more than that. So no worries. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.