Nokia Lumia 800 users !

jtjagan

Reaction score
Same feeling I got... Seems the batt issue is not really fixed

Same here. Removed from charger before sleeping. Woke up this morning and 32% gone!

I took my old LG Optimus as a spare phone on a business trip. Once I arrived there, with battery saver on, LG showed 1 day 13 hours left.

Lumia showed 8 hours left

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think theres some apps that drain the battery. I uninstalled some games that use push notification (King of the Sea and a Tank game) and disabled live tile updates and background updates for Metrotube, Pulse and some other apps and the battery life is better now.

100% before I went to sleep and 85% when I woke up. I think Nokia needs to finetune the standby battery usage because my Omnia 7 was still 98%.

alfseeto

Reaction score
Can the Lumia 800/710 be used globally?

Hi guys,

I read on some websites that the Lumia bought in Asia cannot be used in the US due to different frequency. Is this true? I want a phone that can be used anywhere in the world without problem.

TIA!

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently I only have 3 apps that I allow to run in the background. So it's ok for me. But like I mentioned, I have the same setup on my Trophy & the battery drain is worse on the Lumia 800.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently the battery drain on the lumia 800 also seems to be getting worse. 12hrs of not touching the phone at all and the battery is down to 40%.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I read on some websites that the Lumia bought in Asia cannot be used in the US due to different frequency. Is this true? I want a phone that can be used anywhere in the world without problem.

TIA!
Our Lumia 800 can be used in the USA for voice calls. For data, Edge should be available but 3G is only available in some states from certain Telco due to frequency.

As for the Lumia 710, I read somewhere it's Petaband so it can be used in USA on 3G Telco.

yanfxl

Reaction score
After reading various forums and from personal experience, it seems the Lumia 800 battery draining problem is not fixed with the latest update.

Anyone else with same experience?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
After reading various forums and from personal experience, it seems the Lumia 800 battery draining problem is not fixed with the latest update.

Anyone else with same experience?
The latest update the battery capacity problem which helped many of us. Nokia need to adjust their driver or power management to reduce standby & maybe operating current to improve battery life further.

HTC & Samsung has proven it can be done.

User must also learn, Live Tiles, background programs, notifications & regular email checking also drain battery.

Last edited:

kubaobao

Reaction score
Hi,
i download game from pc... how to transfer games from pc to nokia lumia 800 using zune?
i am new to this new phone...
can anyhow guide me?

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i download game from pc... how to transfer games from pc to nokia lumia 800 using zune?
i am new to this new phone...
can anyhow guide me?

what you mean by transfer games ?

you bought or downloaded the games through zune ? using your live account ?

if its so then you just have to setup your phones with the same live account and go to the marketplace and redownload the game again . even if you bought the app you will be able to redownload the game again .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.