Nokia Lumia 800 users !

kubaobao

Reaction score
what you mean by transfer games ?

you bought or downloaded the games through zune ? using your live account ?

if its so then you just have to setup your phones with the same live account and go to the marketplace and redownload the game again . even if you bought the app you will be able to redownload the game again .

i download game through online..
i wanted to transfer the game to nokia lumia 800 using zune.
zune software able to transfer game?

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is mango euipped phone?
chervon? do i need to pay to unlocked it?

Chevron is paid to unlock, but also depends on handsets.
Unless u hold 1st gen Samsun phone like Omnia7, then u can use windowbreak (like jailbreak for iPhone)...

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
i download game through online..
i wanted to transfer the game to nokia lumia 800 using zune.
zune software able to transfer game?

wat kind of games are you talking about ? you cant just transfer any random games like that . and you can only download games for your phone on the marketplace . unless you are talking about homebrew games .

kubaobao

Reaction score
Chevron is paid to unlock, but also depends on handsets.
Unless u hold 1st gen Samsun phone like Omnia7, then u can use windowbreak (like jailbreak for iPhone)...

I aint sure that i holding which gen of my handset.
windowbreak is a software? can i download n jailbreak myself?

kubaobao

Reaction score
wat kind of games are you talking about ? you cant just transfer any random games like that . and you can only download games for your phone on the marketplace . unless you are talking about homebrew games .

i thought all nokia handset the games are in jar?
if jar... cant i transfers game to nokia lumia also?

kewl

Reaction score

Jar files are java apps, which runs on non smartphone mostly. Those games will not run on WP7 so at this moment no way to transfer them.

The only way to get apps onto your phone is to download them from marketplace, or pay 99 USD to get a apphub account and unlock your phone. so you can sideload apps.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Jar files are java apps, which runs on non smartphone mostly. Those games will not run on WP7 so at this moment no way to transfer them.

The only way to get apps onto your phone is to download them from marketplace, or pay 99 USD to get a apphub account and unlock your phone. so you can sideload apps.

i think we shouldnt confuse him or her about the apphub thingy .

the lumia 800 is running windows phone 7 . and symbian which is why all the jar games cant be used.

so i would say you CAN only download the games in the marketplace on your phone or in ZUNE . there are no other ways of getting games anywhere .

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

.jar files are for Symbian. Windows app n games are in Xap format, unless y unlock your phone (aka jailbreak) then u can sideload apps to your phone. There are lots of nice homebrews our there... :D

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
JARs are packaged Java/Javascript programs. Any platform that has Java Micro Edition (JME) natively can run these programs. This is used mostly in Featurephones & almost all smartphones prior to iPhone, meaning Palm, Windows Mobile, Symbian & maybe Blackberries.

Windows Phone 7, iPhone/iPad, Android & WebOS don't support JME because Microsoft, Apple, Google & HP wants to lock people into their eco-system while Java & Flash support cross-platform. Without their support, there's no way Oracle & Adobe can create a fully functional Java Runtime.

xixi1503

Reaction score
Dear folks,

After going through 80+ pages, i decided to buy 800 yesterday.

My fone doesnt have battery issue, but I have an ending call problem. My SIM card is pre-paid with the original big size (not micro Sim). I've tried using my friend's micro SIM but it doesnt work neither. I read through some of the online portal and they suggest that the problem might due to the SMS balance notification after every call I made.

Is there any solution to this ending call problem so far? And does anyone know how to deactivate the SMS notification from Singtel prepaid service?

Thank you all

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear folks,

After going through 80+ pages, i decided to buy 800 yesterday.

My fone doesnt have battery issue, but I have an ending call problem. My SIM card is pre-paid with the original big size (not micro Sim). I've tried using my friend's micro SIM but it doesnt work neither. I read through some of the online portal and they suggest that the problem might due to the SMS balance notification after every call I made.

Is there any solution to this ending call problem so far? And does anyone know how to deactivate the SMS notification from Singtel prepaid service?

Thank you all

In the messaging setting, you can disable the SMS notification. My Mum's using prepaid and I cut her SIM card to micro-sim and it works fine.

xixi1503

Reaction score
In the messaging setting, you can disable the SMS notification. My Mum's using prepaid and I cut her SIM card to micro-sim and it works fine.

Dear VoodooKing,

Thanks for your prompt reply but I can' find the disable function in messaging setting. It only shows Facebook Chat, MS delivery and Group Text option.

Where can I find it? I thought we have to text something to Singtel in order to deactivate ?

Thanks.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear VoodooKing,

Thanks for your prompt reply but I can' find the disable function in messaging setting. It only shows Facebook Chat, MS delivery and Group Text option.

Where can I find it? I thought we have to text something to Singtel in order to deactivate ?

Thanks.
I think you can call in their helpdesk for Hi Card to enquire. I think there is an option to deactivate the service if i am not wrong.

xixi1503

Reaction score
I think you can call in their helpdesk for Hi Card to enquire. I think there is an option to deactivate the service if i am not wrong.

Thamks ahtea,

I called and asked them to deadtivate already but the bugs still there. One interesting thing i regconize is that whenever i receive a call, the ending problem occurs. But if i call other ppl, it never happen.. So weird

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thamks ahtea,

I called and asked them to deadtivate already but the bugs still there. One interesting thing i regconize is that whenever i receive a call, the ending problem occurs. But if i call other ppl, it never happen.. So weird
It might be a firwmare issue for this case. I used to get this problem many years ago when I was using a Hi Card on a Sony Ericsson phone.

Brought it in to service centre to restimulate the problem and they downgraded the firmware for me to fix the weird bug.

I believe for your case, you might need to lodge a case with Nokia so they can feedback to get the problem resolved in their new firmware.

Also ensure that you are running the latest firmware currently for the Lumia 800.

phazer89

Reaction score
After using it for a few weeks I suppose the battery works pretty well after all. It lasts for a full day with moderate to heavy usage, 2 emails syncing hourly and Messenger and FB chat on (both don't use as much battery as I thought they would, so I just left them on). That's with 3G off though, and all surfing done over WiFi. Don't have background apps on either. The first day I left 3G on the whole time, it only lasted for about 7-8 hours.

Rockman_

Reaction score
After using it for a few weeks I suppose the battery works pretty well after all. It lasts for a full day with moderate to heavy usage, 2 emails syncing hourly and Messenger and FB chat on (both don't use as much battery as I thought they would, so I just left them on). That's with 3G off though, and all surfing done over WiFi. Don't have background apps on either. The first day I left 3G on the whole time, it only lasted for about 7-8 hours.

You're the only 1 I've seen so far who's saying Lumia 800's battery life is ok... is it because your 3G is off most of the time? It's a hassle to have turn 3G on & off when you have to use it all the time, me thinks.

Not that I don't believe you, but I'm still skeptical about it's battery life.

I really like Lumia 800's design & all, but it's battery life & no internet sharing (I know Nokia says it will eventually have it in later updates) is what's stopping me to get it.:(

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speaking of battery life, i did a little experiment with my black lumia 800 a couple of days ago...

immediately after a full battery charge, 12 hours of not touching the phone at all (no wifi, no sms, no data connection, etc) results in the battery dropping by 50%.

however, if battery saver is on, the battery only dropped by 7% after not touching it for 12 hours.

nowadays, my phone is usually on battery saver mode all the time...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.