View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #730
yuppie55555

Lastly, opticians DO NOT sell contact lenses. Contact lenses should be prescribed. They are medical devices. Only trained optometrists are allowed to prescribe contact lenses after a range of eye checks and lens fittings. Stop over the counter sales. You may just bring more harm than good to your eyes.
i guess they are optometrists because they do fittings for contact lens as well. anyway,optician do that too (check wikipedia)

it can get cheaper than 80cents per piece if you buy from them in bulk. if u do your homework, it prob cost 20 -40 cents per piece when you buy in very large quantities overseas( you can check the price from alibaba).

that said, as a consumer, we can no longer to import or buy lens online thanks to HSA although the quality overseas (e.g.US ) is much better. I used to buy them for my personal use. I got focus dailies for only 50cents .

so given the above, if u buy from the optician or optometrist, u can get a good price if you buy say more than a thousand bucks worth ( because they can get 40cents per piece from Alibaba). so give them some margin, we can get probably 60cents per piece.

I rather go for daily disposable because it is safe and hassel free. dont mind paying for it but given that you can get few hundred bucks of savings per year, it make sense to combine our orders and get the discount from the shop. this is legal and only way to bring down the price.

that said, anyone interested, pm me
i am heading down to queestown soon to get my yearly supply, so any further discount will be good. i believe u can get any brands as the $bought is more important. I tried most brand,and recommend freshkon as it is cheap and good.
yuppie55555 is offline   Reply With Quote