NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

madness1992

Reaction score
They called me on my hp..

Guys, anyone who has went for the NTU Acc interview before can share the questions that they ask?

They called me down for the interview also. Mine is on the 24th but there is an a maths test because i didnt take A maths for Os.

Ifritus

Banned
Reaction score
anyone got offered SMU IS interview already? got any tips on the interview? someone from SMU just call me.

Zappalapa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seeing 2 ppl here posting about getting calls from NBS for interviews this afternoon, I was called too.

I need to sit for a test too (Amaths B3)

All the best to you guys!

edit: not maths test, it's a short written test.

Last edited:

treasure84

Reaction score
Hi guy, mind to ask do part-time mechanics degree courses in local Uni need o'level oso? As from wad I did on research from ntu/nus.. They take in 80% on diploma gpa and 20% on o'level grade. But does it mean I no more hope already? As from calculation max 4.00gpa - 20%= 3.20gpa nia.{ igp from ntu min(3.55), nus min(3.86) } My road. N'level---ite---part time diploma in sp--- local Uni?

ruixiang92

Reaction score
They called me down for the interview also. Mine is on the 24th but there is an a maths test because i didnt take A maths for Os.

Congrats! Do prepare well for it fellow SP business school student! :)

treasure84 said:
Hi guy, mind to ask do part-time mechanics degree courses in local Uni need o'level oso? As from wad I did on research from ntu/nus.. They take in 80% on diploma gpa and 20% on o'level grade. But does it mean I no more hope already? As from calculation max 4.00gpa - 20%= 3.20gpa nia.{ igp from ntu min(3.55), nus min(3.86) } My road. N'level---ite---part time diploma in sp--- local Uni?

U might want to consider asking them.

Support Login

Zappalapa said:
seeing 2 ppl here posting about getting calls from NBS for interviews this afternoon, I was called too.

I need to sit for a test too (Amaths B3)

All the best to you guys!

Congrats to you too. Mind sharing your O levels English grading?

Ifritus said:
anyone got offered SMU IS interview already? got any tips on the interview? someone from SMU just call me.

Good luck for it!

Xiang2007

Reaction score
any poly kia offered computer science course already?

Hey I also applied for that but i am from SP EEE , dunno whether can get in anot.:(

Anyone know typically when we will get our letter of rejection or acceptance?

Last edited:

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah gg lah like that..

No ppl inform me of any interviews yet lei.

I from Molecular biotechnology (GPA-3.88, L1R4- 15), and no A maths.

Applied to NTU acc and no news yet:(

Last year I was rejected without an interview as well:(

This year will history repeat itself?:(

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah gg lah like that..

No ppl inform me of any interviews yet lei.

I from Molecular biotechnology (GPA-3.88, L1R4- 15), and no A maths.

Applied to NTU acc and no news yet:(

Last year I was rejected without an interview as well:(

This year will history repeat itself?:(

They might not be done calling...wait a bit more.

Else, always the option of registering for Private A.Maths ? The registration has opened.

A couple of my friends have registered for O level Add Maths. I'm trying for A level Maths.

ruixiang92

Reaction score
B4 for English :o not good.

Hey thanks for the help. For me I was just hoping to understand why there are students who are required to attend interviews and there are those who did not required any.

It seems to me that those with A2 and above for O levels english don't require interviews if they are competitive in their GPA. Can anyone with A2=< for EL help to further clarify this hypothesis?

BLobster

Reaction score
They might not be done calling...wait a bit more.

Else, always the option of registering for Private A.Maths ? The registration has opened.

A couple of my friends have registered for O level Add Maths. I'm trying for A level Maths.

how to register??? mind sharing some info? thanks thanks!

ahbang5553

Reaction score
Kinda wanna ask u all... why u all so fixated in getting into acc? with many of u from different disciplines...

It's not a bad course... but erm .... u have a passion to study this and then do it for ur career and profession?

eternal glory

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just received my A level results recently and really need a lot of advices now. Here are my grades:
Econs C
Chem D
Maths D
Bio E
GP B
PW B
What could be the best option for me?
Highly appreciate all your help:) Thanks:)

ruixiang92

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just received my A level results recently and really need a lot of advices now. Here are my grades:
Econs C
Chem D
Maths D
Bio E
GP B
PW B
What could be the best option for me?
Highly appreciate all your help:) Thanks:)

Hi eternal glory,

I did not take the A levels path so I am unaware on how I can help u. However, I do feel that the 2011 Indicative Grade Profiles (IGP) of the 3 local unis would be a fair gauge of the courses you have access to. Do note that the grades are not fixed and will fluctuate with every year of intake's demand and supply.

NUS
NUS - Office of Admissions : Indicative Grade Profile (IGP)

NTU
http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_files/IGP/AY11-12_IGP.pdf

SMU
http://www.smu.edu.sg/admissions/docs/GradeProfile.pdf

Judging from the three IGPs, I regret to say that your choices are very limited. Consider going private unis or re-taking A levels.

eternal glory

Reaction score
Thanks. Well I'm exploring options in uniSIM including UOL, SUNY and Wollongong. Do you think my grades can make the cut for UOL - Accounting and Finance or Business, SUNY - Communication and Psychology, Wollongong - Psychology?

ruixiang92

Reaction score
Thanks. Well I'm exploring options in uniSIM including UOL, SUNY and Wollongong. Do you think my grades can make the cut for UOL - Accounting and Finance or Business, SUNY - Communication and Psychology, Wollongong - Psychology?
Unable to help u on that as I am not sure about the admissions.

Purely from Bachelor's Degree - Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting and Finance by UOL
The UOL governs all regulations and requirements of this programme. Currently, the university's General Entrance Requirements (GER) are:

Applicant must be at least 17 years old in the year of registration with UOL
2 GCE 'A'/H2 level subjects and 3 GCE 'O' level subjects or
3 GCE 'A'/H2 Level subjects and 1 GCE 'O' Level subject or
3 H2 passes, provided at least grades D, E, E are obtained or
2 H2 and 2 H1 passes, provided they are in non-overlapping subjects
satisfy course requirements in English and Mathematics

In addition there are briefing sessions organised by SIM. You can always approach the staff there for clearer directives
Programme Briefing Session
Come join us on 09 March 2012, 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM, at SIM Headquarters, 461 Clementi Road.

Other upcoming briefing sessions :
09 March 2012, 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM, at SIM Headquarters, 461 Clementi Road
09 March 2012, 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM, at SIM Headquarters, 461 Clementi Road
10 March 2012, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, at SIM Headquarters, 461 Clementi Road
10 March 2012, 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM, at SIM Headquarters, 461 Clementi Road
10 March 2012, 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM, at SIM Headquarters, 461 Clementi Road
10 April 2012, 07:00 PM - 08:30 PM, at SIM Headquarters, LT 4.37 .

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.