Taobao Agent in Singapore Recommendation

sugarkittyx

Master Member
Reaction score
actually i think 65daigou is quite good, responds fast to enquiries and orders etc (esp when you're rushing to get a promo price).
but sometimes it's frustrating that they can be quite "act blur" e.g. if I ordered something, and stated an alt if oos, they will just ignore my alt and cancel my order. I have to enquire, order again and ensure that they order properly. Sometimes it gets so frustrating I ask the taobao sellers direct cos their "alternative item" system sucks, since they don't give a **** at all.
I also accidentally ordered an item that can only be shipped by sea, and I selected air shipping. I thought, okay, just change all my items to sea shipping then. They say cannot, once you select when you order it's a different department, we cannot change the mode of shipping. I tried to ask how much it'd cost to transfer my items to the sea shipping dept, they super act blur, just tell me the charges for sea and air shipping, and tell me that they will ship my item by air as an exception this time.

chong85

Reaction score
www.taobaoxpress.com
I'm interested to get some items from taobao and happen to find this site which provides 1 for 1 air shipping.

Their sea shipping is 1st 500g S$4.00, subsequent 500g S$1.80
Their air shipping is 1st 500g S$8.00, subsequent 500g S$3.80
Meaning if i order during this promotion period, I'm paying the sea rate to get my items faster by air..

So tempted to try them, I even saw their previous promotion for taobao free sea shipping too, but missed it already, anyone here already tried their service?

Got my items already, air shipping is indeed fast..
Let me share the timeline for my purchases:
19 Feb Evening (Near Midnight) - Orders Placed
20 Feb Around Afternoon I Think - Orders confirmed
23 Feb - Orders Shipped From China
25 Feb - Orders Arrived Singapore
26 Feb Evening - I Arranged Home Delivery For My Items
27 Feb Afternoon - Delivered To My Home ;)

29 Feb, will be their last day of Air Shipping 1 for 1 promotion, gonna hurry do up my shopping list to get other items liao..

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
I'd been on sgshop for months, even on their VIP2. They are generally good with service & cheap shipping charges, things can arrive quick if it's not during peak periods (mid Nov to 2 weeks after CNY).

Only problem is now and then you need to push them to do things. Example: On sunday I placed order for an item, the price was 49 RMB. But for no reason the seller suddenly changed the price to 199 RMB on Monday.

Sgshop didn't purchase for me and left a remark asking what I wanted to do. So I call them in the morning, ask them to cancel the order & refund, while I look for another seller for around 49 RMB. They agreed, and instantly the item is set as no stock. But I didn't get the refund hours after.

This is irritating for me as I prefered to use paypal, although more expensive but to my knowledge paypal will protect against item not recieved for purchase outside of ebay. So if I were to make another order, a refund will be easier for me as I do not need to pay extra on paypal.

After a few hours, I pm them. Knowing they won't reply so fast and didn't want to missed the sea shipping date (trying their sea shipping option), I LL go internet bank transfer.

I only gotten the refund to my account this morning.:s8:

I may try 65daigou next round as they are the few that accept paypal. Also I like their VIP discount, which includes service and shipping discount, while sgshop VIP only discount on service:s12:

edit: sgshop self-collect is in town and much closeer to my home, compare to 65daigou which is near IMM...

pinkyellowlilac

Reaction score
Hi guys! i am currently organising a taobao spree. no handling charges. Exchange rate and shipping rate is one of the best in town. items take 5-14 days to arrive. do check out vibrantrose.livejournal.com
if interested. spree is closing on 13 march. thanks :)

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
A brief review of sgshop sea shipping.

Order my items on 25th Feb (Sat).
They made purchased on 27th Feb (Mon).
All my orders reached by 1st Mar (Thur).
Everything was shipped out on 3rd Mar (Every Sat is their sea shipping day)
Recieved my orders had reached their SG office on 14th Mar 6pm.

Didn't take as long as I thought, and help saved about S$18 (my total is 5kg) compared to Air shipping. Items all arrived in good condition & working, in my orders there's a media player.

otakuflick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'd like to clear these funds for $200 since i no longer use them.I can transfer these to your alipay account only if you're a verified user of alipay or you have not receive any payments from other alipay account b4,this doesn't apply to top ups made by third party agents.Pls contact me by sms 9296412three.Thank you.

otakuflick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bwt the fastest way to get your item is to ask the seller to ship to you via sf express.Only 2-3 days to get your item.

ledmirage

Reaction score
had been using Peeka over a year and so far so good. Always use their sea shipping which is really cheap. Some of my hoots:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/[official]-taobao-hoot-thread-2997756.html

Didn't update for long time tho. Got 1 batch of shipment coming in maybe will try to post some updates/pictures if got time

Want to point out that when you compare shipment rate, peeka could be much cheaper becoz they use volume, not weight, to calculate the charges. So far I dun see other agents (like 65daigou) doing that. I have been buying lots of story books lately, it will cost me a deep hole in pocket if its calculated by weight, lol

Vulpix

Reaction score
Also been sticking to Peeka, their customer service always very fast respond to my queries one... Their land delivery courier also will call before coming down, so another plus.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Recently tested 65daigou and I'm impressed with their respond time compared to sgshop.

Ordered items from 2 sellers one in Shanghai, the other in Shenzhen. Both known for their fast delivery. FYI, 65daigou China warehouse is in Shanghai and sgshop is in Guangdong.

Ordered with 65daigou on 22nd Apr around lunch time, they updated purchased around 2hrs later. This is impressive to me as I'd ordered around this timing with sgshop in the past and the earliest update is around 6-7pm, else next day.

On 23rd the shanghai seller items arrived and I saw the update around 5pm that they recieved the items. On 24th (Sat) morning, around 11am, they updated the Shenzhen seller items had been recieved. So I quickly gave instruction for shipping and within 2hrs, the status is on packing.

This is really nice, if it's with sgshop, I'll likely need wait till Monday before they do updating. Which means I'll likely wait 1-2more days.

On 26th Morning, my order is updated as shipped, and on 27th around 6pm, they emailed me said that my items had arrived at their Singapore office. Now I'm waiting to see how long it takes for them to deliever to my address :)

As for sgshop I'm very disappointed regarding their lack of updates. I have some items on their 10th Oct sea shipment. They advertised that items will reached in 15days. Yesterday was the 16th day so I message them.

They replied the shipment was delayed due to custom check and still waiting for updates. I don't mind the delay, as custom check of sea shipment normally takes a week or more. BUT I'm upset that they didn't make effort to update customers.

Also last week I ordered some items and planned it for their 24th sea shipment. My items arrived to their warehouse by 23rd, which means based on their website, I should make it for their 24th shipment. BUT only part of my order are being shipped. I needed those items for 11th April and now I'm worried if the items may not reach in time... If they have updated me earlier, I may have changed the remaining items to Air shipment.

Well I hope sgshop service can improved, as it'll be waste to switch company after having VIP2 discount:( Maybe should try peeka also.

Amulet

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently tested 65daigou and I'm impressed with their respond time compared to sgshop.

Ordered items from 2 sellers one in Shanghai, the other in Shenzhen. Both known for their fast delivery. FYI, 65daigou China warehouse is in Shanghai and sgshop is in Guangdong.

Ordered with 65daigou on 22nd Apr around lunch time, they updated purchased around 2hrs later. This is impressive to me as I'd ordered around this timing with sgshop in the past and the earliest update is around 6-7pm, else next day.

On 23rd the shanghai seller items arrived and I saw the update around 5pm that they recieved the items. On 24th (Sat) morning, around 11am, they updated the Shenzhen seller items had been recieved. So I quickly gave instruction for shipping and within 2hrs, the status is on packing.

This is really nice, if it's with sgshop, I'll likely need wait till Monday before they do updating. Which means I'll likely wait 1-2more days.

On 26th Morning, my order is updated as shipped, and on 27th around 6pm, they emailed me said that my items had arrived at their Singapore office. Now I'm waiting to see how long it takes for them to deliever to my address :)

As for sgshop I'm very disappointed regarding their lack of updates. I have some items on their 10th Oct sea shipment. They advertised that items will reached in 15days. Yesterday was the 16th day so I message them.

They replied the shipment was delayed due to custom check and still waiting for updates. I don't mind the delay, as custom check of sea shipment normally takes a week or more. BUT I'm upset that they didn't make effort to update customers.

Also last week I ordered some items and planned it for their 24th sea shipment. My items arrived to their warehouse by 23rd, which means based on their website, I should make it for their 24th shipment. BUT only part of my order are being shipped. I needed those items for 11th April and now I'm worried if the items may not reach in time... If they have updated me earlier, I may have changed the remaining items to Air shipment.

Well I hope sgshop service can improved, as it'll be waste to switch company after having VIP2 discount:( Maybe should try peeka also.

:(

My first shipment with SGshop is fine, now 2nd shipment abit slow.. Still got a few more orders coming in.. Hope can arrive on time..

Maybe nxt time I should try daigou..

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this sort of importing, please tell me for books from dangdang, let's say 8 books per shipment, which service would you recommend? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Stephy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went taobao site n it said now accept overseas credit card.
any butties try before? :s12:

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
:(

My first shipment with SGshop is fine, now 2nd shipment abit slow.. Still got a few more orders coming in.. Hope can arrive on time..

Maybe nxt time I should try daigou..

My last order with sgshop (2weeks back) was the worst. I waited 1/2day for them to varified payment. 1.5days for them to make purchase (that's after I pm them asking why they never buy for me within 24hrs like advertised).

I ordered quite a few items, then got 1 item I requested 3 but they only ordered one with NO remarks. My other items that had only limited pieces of what I wanted, normally they'll put remarks.

I pm them says that particular order they made mistake. They replied they'll will offset. So when items arrived a few days ago, there was no offset for that item. I'm lazy to pm again, they reply slowly nowadays. It's only like <S$2, I just let it go.

I'll use sgshop on minimal now. Kinda unhappy with their lack of updates. Everything need to look and check closely. Chase them to do things. Sigh, online shopping with agents should not be so mafan. They are supposed to close on 25-30th to conduct training. I hope things will improve. I really don't want to waste my VIP2 status there.

On the other hand I just ordered with 65daigou 4 days back. They had been updating my order very quickly. They also made purchase for me within 2hrs, which I truly appriciate coming from sgshop experience.

My items are still coming in. Today is Sunday, and they are updating items that arrived in their China warehouse as I type this.:eek: This is the service I want. It's shows lots of commiments towards their clients.

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
Service slacks often happens to big agents, perhaps due to their large customer base and that they are not able to look into each and individual customer's order.

I rather go to small agent, as long as it is reliable and cheap :) I find small agents provide faster service that is important if you want to grab items under 'limited time offer'.

For my latest purchases, my agent advised me to take a 0.2 cu metre space by myself to send by Sea because I am buying many heavy stuffs like bedsheets and branded shoes. I still have another 1 - 2 days to shop because my shipment is scheduled on 5 Jun :)

My Taobao shopping experience has been wonderful so far...

Which Agent ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.