Wireless IP Camera thread

ohgnehc

Reaction score
Need help to set up aztech wipc401

Hi,

I bought a Aztech WIPC401 last week at challener, tried to set it up with my DLink adsl N 2750U, but was unable to get it up on the internet.

I have tried using the free DDNS provided, DYNDNS and Dlink free DDNS, but unable to get my camera working.

each time i key in the ip address on my web browser, it will says cannot connect to the page. and if i remove the port number which is 8081, it will link to my adsl modem.

Have tried to changed back to my old singtel provided aztech adsl G 1015ew(s) and the same thing happens.

Anyone here can guide me,

thanks in advance

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
There are 3 broad steps you need to do:

1) Set up the camera to work with the router.
2) Set up the router so that it can redirect WAN requests (i.e. access from the internet) to the camera. This is also known as port forwarding.
3) Set up a URL lookup such that the URL is 'mapped' to your IP address. This is also known as setting up a Dynamic Domain Name Service (DDNS).

ohgnehc

Reaction score
There are 3 broad steps you need to do:

1) Set up the camera to work with the router.
2) Set up the router so that it can redirect WAN requests (i.e. access from the internet) to the camera. This is also known as port forwarding.
3) Set up a URL lookup such that the URL is 'mapped' to your IP address. This is also known as setting up a Dynamic Domain Name Service (DDNS).

Thanks Dr for the reply.

1) Camera seems to work with the router, coz i am able to remote the camera via 192.168.1.1:8081.
2) i have set up port forwarding
a)ip address is 192.168.1.1 (camera ip)
b)ext port start/end to 8081 int port start/end 8081 ( recommended by aztech manual)
c)protocol UDP/TCP
3) DDNS is provided by Aztech WIPC401. the address is also located inside the wipc401 setup screen.

However juz some silly Qs,

1) if wifi details is set wrongly in the camera, will i still be able to open the camera via 192.168.1.1.

I have set up DDNS using Dlink free DNS, what is the IP that i need to key in? There is a auoto generated IP, which is same as the ddns/ip prpvided by Aztech WIPC401.

But everytime i try to key in either the DLink address or the Aztech address, i am connected to adsl, and when i add in :8081, it says address unavailable.

thanks again

consigliere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone using VStarcam H6837WI with QNAP NAS?

Can share how you record the video to the NAS? Search online but to no avail.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
I have the Edimax IC-7010PTn, which is a pan-and-tilt wireless IP camera with IR capability. Like most IP cameras, configuration takes a bit of getting used to, particularly when it comes to setting up port-forwarding and DDNS.

Edimax just launched a new model, the IC-7110PTn. Spec wise, it is the same as the previous model. However, from a setup perspective, you don't need to know about DDNS etc. Seems that all you need to do is run the setup disk and you will get a DDNS equivalent address based on your camera's MAC and Edimax Cloud Server. I haven't have the chance to test it, but from the sound of it, it makes setup very easy.

marixsupport

Reaction score
Firmware upgrade to v.151 is now available for VStarcam H6837WI which have resolved the critical vulnerability which we have posted earlier. Do contact us for more details.

dissipate

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking IP cameras to monitor my maid and elderly parents while at work. The shape of the ground floor area - one of the areas I want to monitor - looks like this:

flrdr.jpg

Was thinking that I can put either a non-PT or PTZ at "1", and a PTZ at "2", the numbers being where the power points are.

EDIT: Went to take another look and right below "1" at the corner there is another power point. Call it "3".

But based on the shape of the ground floor, may have to use two PTZs.

What cameras would you recommend? Budget for the two cameras are <$400, and the cheaper, the better. Ability to see well in complete darkness is not necessary, but I want to be able to see in dim lighting.

For a non-PT, could probably do a Dlink 932L?

For the PTZ, I guess the cheaper models would be the Foscam and Aztech WIPC405, and a better model would be the Edimax IC-7010PTn?

Last edited:

consigliere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firmware upgrade to v.151 is now available for VStarcam H6837WI which have resolved the critical vulnerability which we have posted earlier. Do contact us for more details.

ANybody got preset working in livecam pro 1.8 for vstarcam H6837WI? DOesn't seems to work at all

solarsp

Reaction score
can anybody recommend a model that do local recording to sd cards or anything similar. thks

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
ANybody got preset working in livecam pro 1.8 for vstarcam H6837WI? DOesn't seems to work at all

There's a bug in the APPs. IP Cam Viewer Pro is working. Both APPs have
audio bug currently for the camera. And developers have Queued this in
their bug fix list.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
can anybody recommend a model that do local recording to sd cards or anything similar. thks

Depends on your budget. VStarcam H6837WI not bad also and can do local
recording to MicroSD Card. Price wise, check my earlier post. If you want to
view via iPhone APPS. IP Cam Viewer Pro is working on everything except
AUDIO.

oetem

Reaction score
My current DCS-5220 & 2121 can be viewed in MPEG. , i will like to get H6837WI but before that, Understand that H6837WI is recorded in H.264 format. How to view it? What software that can used to view H.264.

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
My current DCS-5220 & 2121 can be viewed in MPEG. , i will like to get H6837WI but before that, Understand that H6837WI is recorded in H.264 format. How to view it? What software that can used to view H.264.

The current playback is via its webUI, for download wise...

I use MPlayer (but playback in Fast forward mode), you need to rename the file to mpeg first before playing. Wrote in to MARIX & VStarcam about this, understand that MARIX have submitted a request for enhanced playback to allow timeline playback possible on the camera's WebUI. Some other features are also in Q too, they say cannot reveal much for now, but they have submitted a lot of feature enhancement list to the manufacturer's development team to make the camera better for consumers. So, am expecting better things along the way.

oetem

Reaction score
The current playback is via its webUI, for download wise...

I use MPlayer (but playback in Fast forward mode), you need to rename the file to mpeg first before playing. Wrote in to MARIX & VStarcam about this, understand that MARIX have submitted a request for enhanced playback to allow timeline playback possible on the camera's WebUI. Some other features are also in Q too, they say cannot reveal much for now, but they have submitted a lot of feature enhancement list to the manufacturer's development team to make the camera better for consumers. So, am expecting better things along the way.

Thanks geckoSG.
1)I also have IP Cam Viewer Pro. Can we pan/tilt the H6837WI by sliding our finger on the iPad/iPhone/andriod screen? I can do that for DLINK IP camera.
2) what is the extension name that you change to from H.264?MP4?

InOrAn21

Reaction score
Dear all ipcam experts,

I am looking to purchase either Foscam FI8918W or VStarcam H6837WI. I am using the default free router from Singtel, 2wire 2701HGV-E Modem. I heard that there is some issues configuring the ipcams with this router.

Is that true? Do i need to buy a new router for the ipcam? If true, what are the other cams that can be used with 2wire 2701HGV-E Modem?

Thanks for the advises!

consigliere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a bug in the APPs. IP Cam Viewer Pro is working. Both APPs have
audio bug currently for the camera. And developers have Queued this in
their bug fix list.

THanks for the info!!

Now waiting for the audio bugs to be fixed.

Have you tried listening and using mic? DO you have a loud beep sound when executing on the PC over WEBUI?

Last edited:

consigliere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all ipcam experts,

I am looking to purchase either Foscam FI8918W or VStarcam H6837WI. I am using the default free router from Singtel, 2wire 2701HGV-E Modem. I heard that there is some issues configuring the ipcams with this router.

Is that true? Do i need to buy a new router for the ipcam? If true, what are the other cams that can be used with 2wire 2701HGV-E Modem?

Thanks for the advises!

For now i will definitely choose Foscam FI8918W if you do not have storage concerns
More fluid movement on mobile and storage and no audio bugs.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.