Post your food photo here (local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at first i thought over-rated also, but realised maybe they are the only stall that put fresh deep fried ang kor li
fish flesh inside their lor mee but not over-priced? i asked many of friends around why they like to queue, all like to eat their fish :s8:

Then I will send someone to go queue for it. :D

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Can't decide if I want to try the lor-mee or wantan mee.

You can try Chuan Kee Satay too but it only opens at 6pm from Mon to Sat and 1pm on Sunday. I waited for an hour for this satay on a Saturday evening and I think its worth it. You should order this first before ordering other foods. Its one of the best satay around.

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try Chuan Kee Satay too but it only opens at 6pm from Mon to Sat and 1pm on Sunday. I waited for an hour for this satay on a Saturday evening and I think its worth it. You should order this first before ordering other foods. Its one of the best satay around.

Then no chance to eat already as my group will be there on a Sat at noon.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
i don't know if the lor mee open at noon on weekends. but i think weekdays only morning?

$3 no fish, $4 and $5 got fish.

kicknikuku

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any amk-er knows if "happy garden cooked food" at amk central that market still operating?

Sell prawn mee and lor mee one. Last I ate was about 12 years ago, I kinda miss the lor mee coz of the abundant egg whites.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jin Ma Che Hong Kong Roasted's Roast Pork and Braised Chicken Drumstick. Crispy roast pork from the coffee opposite the camp at Chong Pang.

Lunch_13Mar2012.jpg

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The HandBurger @ Raffles City basement.
DSC05456.jpg

DSC05459.jpg

S$16.15 for the original. Presented nicely, but a tad dry & almost tasteless. Don't like the bun they used also, so hard. :( :(

Assenkay

Reaction score
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds the patty at Handburger dry. I mean if you saw how thick the patty was you'd think it'll still be juicy in the middle but no, it was dry all the way inside. Agreed about the presentation but then looks aside, the taste was quite disappointing.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The bun is the most jialat one, gimme normal sesame bun anyday. :o

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds the patty at Handburger dry. I mean if you saw how thick the patty was you'd think it'll still be juicy in the middle but no, it was dry all the way inside. Agreed about the presentation but then looks aside, the taste was quite disappointing.

kippei

Reaction score
My dinner at Old Airport Rd Hawker Centre! :s12::s12::s12:

Actually you guys should try Holy Grill at old airport road..

i find it very nice especially the cajun grilled fish etc... can choose 2 types of sides, ranging from coleslaw, garden veggie, potato salad, rice, fries pasta salad etc..
quite filling and tasty compared to this western above which is abit on the oily side;);)

try and feedback..

Last edited by a moderator:

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually you guys should try Holy Grill at old airport road..

i find it very nice especially the cajun grilled fish etc... can choose 2 types of sides, ranging from coleslaw, garden veggie, potato salad, rice, fries pasta salad etc..
quite filling and tasty compared to this western above which is abit on the oily side;);)

try and feedback..

Ok will try next time:s12::s12:

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imo holy grill the grill fish not very good. the fish they use those sutchi frozen fillet, big big pack for cheap in supermarket. taste not good at all. but their portions were generous. the chicken is better.

if you like pasta, pasta manna is decent too. around the centre near the lee wee otah

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
at first i thought over-rated also, but realised maybe they are the only stall that put fresh deep fried ang kor li
fish flesh inside their lor mee but not over-priced? i asked many of friends around why they like to queue, all like to eat their fish :s8:

Last friday I had the lor mee - it wasn't Ang Goli, they put in Batang fish. As I ordered the $6 one, they even put in fish egg for me! :D Sinful!
428238_10150654221593756_695573755_9037736_1043830243_n.jpg

Look closely - anything "ang" about it? The silver skin on the fish can tell you that its Batang. Cheaper then ang goli lor.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last friday I had the lor mee - it wasn't Ang Goli, they put in Batang fish. As I ordered the $6 one, they even put in fish egg for me! :D Sinful!

Look closely - anything "ang" about it? The silver skin on the fish can tell you that its Batang. Cheaper then ang goli lor.

Think I will eat this one. Looks yummy.

hnrch42

Reaction score

Hmm,thislooksreallyyummy.
Where can i find it?

dennyz

Reaction score
good for u then! officially is ang goli, maybe don't have, get another good fish to replace :p

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Mei Ling Street Homemade Carrot Cake @ Mei Ling FC.
Mei_Ling_Street_Homemade_Carrot_Cake_.jpg

Mei_Ling_Street_Homemade_Carrot_Cake_1.jpg

S$2.50 portion. Soft & nice. The chili here is damn shiok. :)

Mei_Ling_Street_Homemade_Carrot_Cake_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.