SingNet Fiber Broadband Installed.....

jas1701

Master Member
Reaction score
My colleague called ST yesterday regarding re-con from MIO BB to FO. Was told install date will be early May, 2 mths from now. :eek:

KB

Banned
Reaction score
i already got opennet TP in my living room. so ST can install anytime rite?

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried access your home NAS from office using singtel fiber
i did enable all ports but still cannot. how come ???
How do you open all the ports? And are you trying to access NAS using IP range 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x?

grm203

Master Member
Reaction score
i signed up for fibre last month, next tues coming to install @ my house.Normal if i don't receive any notification(call/sms) telling me my installation date is when,etc?

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen from the ONT product specifications, it's highly likely that the service port is configured with 802.1q trunk instead of an access port due to its need to support multiple address ranges such as VOIP, IPTV and normal internet.

Then again that's my speculations la coz my home is not even wired up yet. =(

Like this means I can continue to use my Cisco 1841 ijit? I am waiting for installation on 2nd Apr. If dhcp doesn't work, I'll try to trunk it via dot1q.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really, got a vlan idea in place to use the managed switch to serve more than just bypassing the 2Wire

port 1 as vlan trunk
port 2 as vlan 10 access
port 3 as vlan 20 access
port 4 as vlan 30 access
port 5 as own vlan tagged from router
port 6-8 own vlan access

EDIT: yep, as u mentioned...

I am thinking for something like this for VLAN via CISCO 1841, so rather than setting up subinterfaces, I found vlan-range in the fe0/0 options.

So my config is as follows:
int Fa0/0
desc LAN
ip address DHCP
ip nat inside
speed auto
full-duplex
vlan-range dot1q 1 10 native
exit-vlan-config

Not sure if it works tho...will try once the singtel is here. :( fingers crossed.

jovially

Reaction score
Hi,
was searching the site but not able to find the steps by steps in configure or replacing Singnet router with my prefer router.
I was on singnet many years and since then never use their modem/router before.
Can anyone point me there if there is a link? Thanks.
I was thinking to replace singnet black router with my own but not affecting the MIO TV or Digialvoice line.
Heard ppl talking about bridgeing, what does that mean? any links or steps to follow it or die die must use Singnet router.
I know the white color box to the FO line is a must. but not sure the black router can be replace by others. thanks a lot.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Pleased to meet you. I'm new here. I'm sorry if this qn has been repeated before. My ST broadband is expiring soon and I'm wondering whether I shd apply for fibre plan. The free fibre cable trucking is in the living room which faces the corridor while my PC (I do not have laptop right now) is in another room, some distance away from the living room, near the window. The Open Net contractor had said that if I wanted the cables in my room, they had to do some hacking and at extra costs to install the cables right up to the inside of my room due to the distance which I thought was troublesome and turned down that option. Please advise if I shd opt for 15mbps home broadband instead? Many many thanks in advance for your response :)
iirc st still offers free trunking to the first computer

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went on overseas, came back and was told that my family got the 100mbps fibre from Singnet.

so can welcome me to the club :crazy:

Paranoia08

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this can be done but I'm trying to do it.

I got a linksys E4200 router.
Bridged my 2wire 5012nv(disable dhcp, routing and wan).
Connected it to my E4200.
All my other devices are connected to the E4200 then.
My home phone line is still working, internet working, but my MioTV is not working.... =(

Anyone knows what is wrong?
I have been searching for a solution and saw this.
anyway, the miotv is preconfigured to listen to 192.168.1.254 gateway, and requires the dhcp to be turned on.

what you do is to
1) turn off the miotv,
2) set your modem with the above settings,
3) set the lease time to 0.1hour;
4) turn on miotv, let it acquire the settings.
---
after miotv is up,
revert back the ip to your original settings.
put the mac address of your iptv in your reserved device
you can turn off the dhcp(or ensure that the dhcp correspond to the new ip)
increase the lease time if your use dhcp.

Will this work?

Vipermac

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone advise me whether this sort of arrangement is OK when setting up a fibre broadband in the apartment. I am not too familier with Fibre broadband as my illustrated Network structure claimed to be unworkable by having a homeplug connected directly after the Open Network Terminal. Sigtel technician claims that the speed can be as slow as 50% or less.

Another question is whether am I able to use my own router rather than having Singtel router? I don't need MIO TV and I don't see the need to have their router. Any advise is greatly appreciated. thanks.

bEwFDB

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone advise me whether this sort of arrangement is OK when setting up a fibre broadband in the apartment. I am not too familier with Fibre broadband as my illustrated Network structure claimed to be unworkable by having a homeplug connected directly after the Open Network Terminal. Sigtel technician claims that the speed can be as slow as 50% or less.

Another question is whether am I able to use my own router rather than having Singtel router? I don't need MIO TV and I don't see the need to have their router. Any advise is greatly appreciated. thanks.

bEwFDB
ONT is called Optical Network Terminal..:o

Can use Asus RT-N56U.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.