SingNet Fiber Broadband Installed.....

grm203

Master Member
Reaction score
i connected the ONT to a cisco switch, internet is working but miotv is not. Most likely qos issue. Anybody familier with qos on cisco IOS?

sgrider

Reaction score
Hi all,Is it improved a lot in terms of download/upload speed from Singtel 15Mbps to 200Mbps fibre? Currently mio home user& want to upgrade explore home.any pro & con? Thanks in advance

c_ygpn2004

Reaction score
i connected the ONT to a cisco switch, internet is working but miotv is not. Most likely qos issue. Anybody familier with qos on cisco IOS?

Did you connect the MioTV set top box directly to your Cisco switch directly bypassing the 2Wire router? If so, did you investigate what IP address was assigned to the MioTV set top box? Was it a public IP address? For accounting reason, it is unlikely that SingTel would give you two public IP address, namely, one for your wireless router and the other for the set top box. Can you spoof the set top box to the same public IP address being assigned to the wireless router? Internet traffic and multicasting video traffic to the two devices from ONT can be directed separately based on different VLAN IDs by the switch.

grm203

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you connect the MioTV set top box directly to your Cisco switch directly bypassing the 2Wire router? If so, did you investigate what IP address was assigned to the MioTV set top box? Was it a public IP address? For accounting reason, it is unlikely that SingTel would give you two public IP address, namely, one for your wireless router and the other for the set top box. Can you spoof the set top box to the same public IP address being assigned to the wireless router? Internet traffic and multicasting video traffic to the two devices from ONT can be directed separately based on different VLAN IDs by the switch.

]If i connect directly,i can't get a IP address(no dhcp reply),see by wireshark. If i trunk to the 2wire modem with my miotv connected to the 2wire modem, miotv works but would stop after 10 seconds.

Edit:so you mean miotv works via multicasting?I have no idea how to spoof the IP.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Hi, considering hard to whether upgrade to 200mbps singtel fibre or 100mbps myrepublic since there is uncapped international traffic.
Can I please ask if someone who is using singtel fibre 200mbps to post the wired speedtests to
1.Los angelos, hosted by internode
2.Tokyo
3.Changchun, China

and please,
ping 5211game.com

Help really appreciated and will really guide me into making a decision greatly.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Singtel 200mbps used to be very fast when I installed in Oct 2010. Then getting slower & slower until I gave up doing Speedtest. Changed the router to Asus RT-N56U & the speed goes up a bit.
6 more months I jump ship to VQ.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, considering hard to whether upgrade to 200mbps singtel fibre or 100mbps myrepublic since there is uncapped international traffic.
Can I please ask if someone who is using singtel fibre 200mbps to post the wired speedtests to
1.Los angelos, hosted by internode
2.Tokyo
3.Changchun, China

and please,
ping 5211game.com

Help really appreciated and will really guide me into making a decision greatly.

i would love to help but how to find these respective locations on speedtest website ? so many dots and i fail geography :s22:

etegration

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
]If i connect directly,i can't get a IP address(no dhcp reply),see by wireshark. If i trunk to the 2wire modem with my miotv connected to the 2wire modem, miotv works but would stop after 10 seconds.

Edit:so you mean miotv works via multicasting?I have no idea how to spoof the IP.

Of course lah, Singnet wont DHCP lease to you thus they provide a router to provide internal IP within your network. you have to run your own DHCP server on your switch. What cisco switch are you using?

try.

ip dhcp pool "pool name" then configure the rest accordingly.

Do share if it works. Intending to get cisco switch to replace the 2Wire.

guyz92

Reaction score

the miotv 10 second problem is due to IGMP.

I face the MIOTV 10 second can play back problem, with 2Wire 2701HGV-E v6 from bridge-mode set back to Router mode.

The IGMP on that router will be set to false when setting back without a hard reset

Last edited:

guyz92

Reaction score
I am thinking for something like this for VLAN via CISCO 1841, so rather than setting up subinterfaces, I found vlan-range in the fe0/0 options.

So my config is as follows:
int Fa0/0
desc LAN
ip address DHCP
ip nat inside
speed auto
full-duplex
vlan-range dot1q 1 10 native
exit-vlan-config

Not sure if it works tho...will try once the singtel is here. :( fingers crossed.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...-untagged-vlan20-singtel-fibre-3117878-4.html

I have post a tut before on that thread.

He successfully use his Cisco 1841 with Internet only.
If you wanna use it with MIOTV you can try it out.
Only that u have the set the vlan priority for IPTV

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup the singtel fella came and install today, managed to setup my cisco 1841 up for internet but mio Tv still trouble shooting. Tonight then continue, think i forgot to tag my vlan20z

guyz92

Reaction score
Yup the singtel fella came and install today, managed to setup my cisco 1841 up for internet but mio Tv still trouble shooting. Tonight then continue, think i forgot to tag my vlan20z

u need to set the 802.1p for vlan 20 to be 4 if i am not wrong.
Using packet tracer it is not possible. I duno real device can or not.

Last edited:

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Huai chiu ish bai~ same company blends product tat ish screw chius~ before huan... :s22:

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u need to set the 802.1p for vlan 20 to be 4 if i am not wrong.
Using packet tracer it is not possible. I duno real device can or not.

I thought that's for VOIP? MIO TV should still be using dot1q if I'm not wrong. I'll try it out later.

grm203

Master Member
Reaction score
Of course lah, Singnet wont DHCP lease to you thus they provide a router to provide internal IP within your network. you have to run your own DHCP server on your switch. What cisco switch are you using?

try.

ip dhcp pool "pool name" then configure the rest accordingly.

Do share if it works. Intending to get cisco switch to replace the 2Wire.

Actually i managed to get a DHCP reply once i set "mls qos trust ip precedence" on the interface connected to the mio box.
Now the problem is when when the mio box sends a arp request requesting for mac address of default gateway,singtel never sends a arp reply. Using a Cisco 3550 btw

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i managed to get a DHCP reply once i set "mls qos trust ip precedence" on the interface connected to the mio box.
Now the problem is when when the mio box sends a arp request requesting for mac address of default gateway,singtel never sends a arp reply. Using a Cisco 3550 btw

Not sure what is the equivalent command on a cisco, but you need to set the 802.1p value for the miotv packets to 4.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.