[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

RIp~Shan

Reaction score
What is Guild Wars like? I played WoW, Rift and SWTOR, but got bored very quickly. It's all just kill x of x, collect x of x...

Well gameplay in GW2 would be much different then other current MMORPGs out there. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. If you succeed you get rewards and experience the town remembers your deed and other quest lines or stuffs open up. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. But before you could the town burns to the ground you still get abit of experience for trying to help and a whole new quest line unlocks. :s12: Cheers hope this clarifies atleast abit the game offers much much more then this!

snipes14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dynamic events where u don't have to 'fight' with other players for the same quest monsters. And also underwater combat :)

Well gameplay in GW2 would be much different then other current MMORPGs out there. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. If you succeed you get rewards and experience the town remembers your deed and other quest lines or stuffs open up. E.G Walking about in the world, town on fire you decide to help and put out fire. But before you could the town burns to the ground you still get abit of experience for trying to help and a whole new quest line unlocks. :s12: Cheers hope this clarifies atleast abit the game offers much much more then this!

Sounds good. I was getting really sick of the repetitive gameplay of the MMOs I used to play. Plus the no-subscription fee thing is a winner. I will go check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys. :D

revilo83

Reaction score
Sounds good. I was getting really sick of the repetitive gameplay of the MMOs I used to play. Plus the no-subscription fee thing is a winner. I will go check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys. :D

Just like to add some more here. Guild Wars 2's role playing is like creating your own story in the game, you get to choose everything that you want. The is no healer, DPS or tank class in this game you can pretty much build your class in the way that you like. Example is like for warriors who are usually DPS class, you can build them as a support class where they have this shout skills which buffs and heals allies. One more thing is, you don't have to spend 20 - 30 days grinding so you can enjoy the end game pvp because in Guild Wars 2, you get "side kicked" to max level and are given necessary equipments once you enter the PVP grounds so you can still be on par with other players.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Just like to add some more here. Guild Wars 2's role playing is like creating your own story in the game, you get to choose everything that you want. The is no healer, DPS or tank class in this game you can pretty much build your class in the way that you like. Example is like for warriors who are usually DPS class, you can build them as a support class where they have this shout skills which buffs and heals allies. One more thing is, you don't have to spend 20 - 30 days grinding so you can enjoy the end game pvp because in Guild Wars 2, you get "side kicked" to max level and are given necessary equipments once you enter the PVP grounds so you can still be on par with other players.
Well explained here! Every class has their own healing skills. If you wanna play all the different story, you have to create 60 characters lol.

snipes14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That actually sounds a bit like SWTOR, where everyone is "buffed" to level 49 for PVP. However you still only have the skills you had, ie if you are actually level 20 you would not have the skills that are unlocked at level 45.

The last MMO I really enjoyed was rift. Was it was also the kill x of x type, it did have certain innovations. I think the class system of rift is similar to what you mentioned. Each main class has several sub-classes, and you can use 3 of these sub-classes at the same time.

JoeMihar

Reaction score
In GW2 ... Is there way i can destroy & kill villagers and let others help them..

That would awesome story.. Joe the destroyer Lol:p

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this for a long time.... hope they allow carryovers from GW1.

revilo83

Reaction score

I heard you can only carry over your characters name so it will be reserve for you and I think some of the achievements too. Got to double check those :D

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
The only things u can bring over are your character names as well as hall of monuments rewards. Those rewards may not be end game items but they will definitely help u along the way while we are still low level. So anybody here gotten 30 points for HOM liao? I just gotten it months ago :)

Last edited:

revilo83

Reaction score
That actually sounds a bit like SWTOR, where everyone is "buffed" to level 49 for PVP. However you still only have the skills you had, ie if you are actually level 20 you would not have the skills that are unlocked at level 45.

The last MMO I really enjoyed was rift. Was it was also the kill x of x type, it did have certain innovations. I think the class system of rift is similar to what you mentioned. Each main class has several sub-classes, and you can use 3 of these sub-classes at the same time.

Yup, it's a bit the same with SWTOR but I'm not sure if this also applies to SWTOR but in GW2 you can actually level up your character just by playing PvP in the WvWvW. You gain exp and loot if you kill someone at the WvWvW (but that person doesn't really necessarily drop his items).

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Necromancer reporting!

Thinikng to get the physical copy or digital, will be nice to have that statute beside me when playing ^_^

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm have ur read the 2 guild wars books?

I have read both the books before, they were just a good read to know the background of some of the stories and characters in GW2. Definitely not the best fantasy novel out there.

fantasy87

Reaction score
pre order is open onli 2 week later...
there is a beta now i think for this weekend...
for now till the pre order, any beta key should be given by Arenanet onli i think...
at guild wars 2 page there also no page for u to enter any beta key iirc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.