Another new EC in Yishun to join in the fun!

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm wondering how much this ec is selling....waiting anxiously

I went to showflat at Blossom Residences...good layout, quality fittings & price is within reach... but alas location is out of question...urgh

Yishun will definitely cost more than Bukit Panjang.

Actually all ECs launched after Blossom Residences have cost more already.

spurman

Reaction score
Hillsta 1000/sq ft? Siao price...choa chu Kang leh. Opposit old keat hong camp leh. What the f price... Like that cheap ah?

Reaction score
Nowadays still have many new condos below 1,000 psf meh?

Well, if u consider those projects that are already launched in the market and have not finished cinstruction yet, then yes. There are quite a handful.

Back to the Yishun EC, drop me a pm if any of u are keen to look at the plans, I'll send u the link to download them.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
if 2nd timer buy EC, the salary cap also 12k only ar?

Because 2nd timer usually will be like age 35 and above I supposed, so by the time, the couple salary shd be over 12k usually....

SKWSMC

Reaction score
if 2nd timer buy EC, the salary cap also 12k only ar?

Because 2nd timer usually will be like age 35 and above I supposed, so by the time, the couple salary shd be over 12k usually....

Well look at those units that cost $1M+. People also buy.
12k income ceiling can not afford?
Well no problem.
Most likely people have under table income...

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Well look at those units that cost $1M+. People also buy.
12k income ceiling can not afford?
Well no problem.
Most likely people have under table income...

I mean to say, if pple are rich, they will have go straight for EC instead of apply HDB?

Assuming 2 undergrad got married after working for 3 years applying for BTO. Their combined income will be around 7k to 8k?

Taking in consideration BTO take 4 years to build and MOP of 5 years, so 9 years later, i think the couple will easily exceed the 12k income? And I think alot of couple got married slightly later also...

SKWSMC

Reaction score
I mean to say, if pple are rich, they will have go straight for EC instead of apply HDB?

Assuming 2 undergrad got married after working for 3 years applying for BTO. Their combined income will be around 7k to 8k?

Taking in consideration BTO take 4 years to build and MOP of 5 years, so 9 years later, i think the couple will easily exceed the 12k income? And I think alot of couple got married slightly later also...

1st I know 'rich' family background couples don't necessay go straight for EC. They will buy BTO 1st then later sell it then to move to condo. It is like a sure win investment if you buy BTO.

What you say is undergrad. For those diploma of lower they work their way up. So why not?

Jimmy1978

Reaction score
That is a whole load of BS. Are they even living in the real world?? The assumed perception and reality is very different! :(

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
1st I know 'rich' family background couples don't necessay go straight for EC. They will buy BTO 1st then later sell it then to move to condo. It is like a sure win investment if you buy BTO.

What you say is undergrad. For those diploma of lower they work their way up. So why not?

Well, it make sense if it is for diploma holder to upgrade... Below 12k income ceiling and the proceeds from the sale of first BTO flat should be able to offset at least half the price of an EC. But no grants will be given right?

Actually, the price of an EC is very close to a private condo already...

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

A smart couple wont even think abt buying anoter flat after geting their Bto. They probably dump teir money in good investments that will reap healthy profits than bog themselves with another round of loans. And if they intend to buy property,it likely wont be in singapore at all.

rymchardware

Reaction score
yeah. Looking at this EC too. Hope the price will be reasonable. haha

Think the average price should be around $700 psf. Prices psf should be lower than the most recent ECs like Twin Waterwalls, Tampines Trilliant and the Rainforest (these ECs are closer to the MRT).

The units in this EC tend to be slightly bigger than the other ECs.

reALms

Reaction score
Think the average price should be around $700 psf. Prices psf should be lower than the most recent ECs like Twin Waterwalls, Tampines Trilliant and the Rainforest (these ECs are closer to the MRT).

The units in this EC tend to be slightly bigger than the other ECs.

Yeah, indicative price is ard $700psf or lesser. Hope that will really be the case when price list is out.
Actually thinking abt the upper serangoon EC also.. but i think the psf for that EC will be much higher?

marineboy3300

Reaction score
A smart couple wont even think abt buying anoter flat after geting their Bto. They probably dump teir money in good investments that will reap healthy profits than bog themselves with another round of loans. And if they intend to buy property,it likely wont be in singapore at all.

If you read Rich Dad Poor Dad, there are 2 types of debts-good debts vs bad debts. Buying another property is a good debt if you buy within your means and it is a good hedge against inflation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.