DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Before you all start ripping into me that the Altitude is Amex only, I've just received a letter from DBS, offering me a DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. It appears to be targeted campaign, as the application form received clearly states that "Your application is PRE-APPROVED and no income documents are needed" (unless you are self-employed). Just as well, as it's where my monthly salary goes, they already know how much I make.

The application form states that a minimum gross annual income of $80,000 is required (although we all know that it doesn't apply very strictly in practice).

There is, however, a $42.80 annual fee to join the "program" to transfer miles to the airline's frequent flyer accounts, on top of the usual annual fee (assuming anyone actually pays this).

Earn rate is $1 = 1.2 miles for the first $2000 per month, then $1 = 1.6 miles for the amount that is over $2000.

The card cannot be found on the website at this stage.

Has anyone received this application pack too?

And yes, it is really a Visa Signature card, not an Amex.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
Before you all start ripping into me that the Altitude is Amex only, I've just received a letter from DBS, offering me a DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. It appears to be targeted campaign, as the application form received clearly states that "Your application is PRE-APPROVED and no income documents are needed" (unless you are self-employed). Just as well, as it's where my monthly salary goes, they already know how much I make.

The application form states that a minimum gross annual income of $80,000 is required (although we all know that it doesn't apply very strictly in practice).

There is, however, a $42.80 annual fee to join the "program" to transfer miles to the airline's frequent flyer accounts, on top of the usual annual fee (assuming anyone actually pays this).

Earn rate is $1 = 1.2 miles for the first $2000 per month, then $1 = 1.6 miles for the amount that is over $2000.

The card cannot be found on the website at this stage.

Has anyone received this application pack too?

And yes, it is really a Visa Signature card, not an Amex.

if this is true, it is a direct one-up on the citi premiermiles. Then it will be the best general card to earn miles making the citi pm almost irrelevant.

yantao

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe DBS Altitude is around for a while.

Unless you are spending more than $2k every month, Citi PM is equal.

On top of this, Citi PM doesn't have this $42.80 annual fee, but only pay when you need to transfer miles to your KF account.
Citi PM miles doesn't expire unless DBS that transfer it to KF monthly & KF account expires every 3 years (To be confirm)

If you pay the annual fee ($120) for Citi PM, you can get 10k miles. Or just wavier it for free.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe DBS Altitude is around for a while.

Unless you are spending more than $2k every month, Citi PM is equal.

On top of this, Citi PM doesn't have this $42.80 annual fee, but only pay when you need to transfer miles to your KF account.
Citi PM miles doesn't expire unless DBS that transfer it to KF monthly & KF account expires every 3 years (To be confirm)

If you pay the annual fee ($120) for Citi PM, you can get 10k miles. Or just wavier it for free.

dbs altitude points doesn't expire either. and you get 10k miles worth of points when you renew as well. the only downside is the $42.80 annual fee, but if you spend more than 2k per month then you really only need this card instead of citi pm

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Does this new Visa Signature card also come with 10k miles for $180 each year?

Yes. Although spending more than $25k in the year and the annual fee will be automatically waived. I think this is the same as the Amex version.

I'm sending off my application tomorrow. Let's see where it leads from here.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. Although spending more than $25k in the year and the annual fee will be automatically waived. I think this is the same as the Amex version.

I'm sending off my application tomorrow. Let's see where it leads from here.

did they include pictures of the card? any other perks/promo for using this card?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
did they include pictures of the card? any other perks/promo for using this card?

The card looks the same as the current Amex version, except it has the standard Visa Signature wording instead of the Amex logo at the bottom right hand corner. I looked at it about 20 times myself just to convince myself that it is indeed not an Amex card as they looked virtually identical.

They also have a promo where, if you are the first x00 card holders to spend an insane amount of money within the next few months, you get a whole bunch of extra miles. Can't remember what the numbers are - the flyer is at home.

There's also the 1-year fee waiver, if that makes a difference to anybody.

Apart from that, that's all there is to it. In a nutshell, they are pretty tight on sign-on bonuses.

I can put the flyer through the scanner later tonight (read: early next morning - being a Fri night after all), but I'll need to find somewhere to upload the image.

Boreal

Reaction score
Hmm...considering that I spent more than 100k with my Altitude Amex in the last 12 months, I wonder why I didnt get an invitation.. well, want to switch to HSBC anyway...

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm...considering that I spent more than 100k with my Altitude Amex in the last 12 months, I wonder why I didnt get an invitation.. well, want to switch to HSBC anyway...

Is the invite for existing DBS customers who do not have any AMEX Altitude card or for customers who are existing using Altitude Card?

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score

Well, I spent around S$100K with my Maybank Horizon Card in the last 12 months and didn't get an invite for their Infinite Card. I went ahead and charge everything now to my HSBC Infinite Card instead.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Is the invite for existing DBS customers who do not have any AMEX Altitude card or for customers who are existing using Altitude Card?

Possibly the first... at least I'm in that category anyway. I currently hold a DBS deposit account, with salary paid into this account monthly. No other products with DBS currently, however.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the benefit of the amex versus the signature is the same?
cos dbs website haven update the card.

for non miles user, seem scb is still the better bet.

materick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the benefit of the amex versus the signature is the same?
cos dbs website haven update the card.

for non miles user, seem scb is still the better bet.

visa got more places to use as compared to amex.

what's the fee for converting points to miles? i know citi premiermiles is $25...

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me i looking at the normal redemption only, not miles.

but this product still not on dbs website.

saggice

Reaction score
i guess this is a new product not launched to the public yet, if tis Visa signature its a good card ... considering u need to travel often.

yantao

Master Member
Reaction score
The card looks the same as the current Amex version, except it has the standard Visa Signature wording instead of the Amex logo at the bottom right hand corner. I looked at it about 20 times myself just to convince myself that it is indeed not an Amex card as they looked virtually identical.

They also have a promo where, if you are the first x00 card holders to spend an insane amount of money within the next few months, you get a whole bunch of extra miles. Can't remember what the numbers are - the flyer is at home.

There's also the 1-year fee waiver, if that makes a difference to anybody.

Apart from that, that's all there is to it. In a nutshell, they are pretty tight on sign-on bonuses.

I can put the flyer through the scanner later tonight (read: early next morning - being a Fri night after all), but I'll need to find somewhere to upload the image.

Just received the invitation too.

It's the first 500 to spend $8k by Jun 2012 will receive 8k miles.
5000 DBS points (equal to 10k miles) deposit if you pay the annual fee.
Complimentary Priority Pass, i guess it could be same as Citi PM, up to 2 free visits.

I think it will kill Citi PM due to matching 1.2 miles per dollar and tier up to 2 miles if spending more than $2k per month.
Not sure if DBS points last forever, then in that case it's the same as Citi PM points that doesn't have expiry dates.
Convert to KF miles only when you need it.

Last edited:

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score

Complimentary Priority Pass, i guess it could be same as Citi PM, up to 2 free visits.

I think it will kill Citi PM due to matching 1.2 miles per dollar and tier up to 2 miles if spending more than $2k per month.
Not sure if DBS points last forever, then in that case it's the same as Citi PM points that doesn't have expiry dates.

damn they should have this promo earlier... i just spent a lot on the engagement ring...

materick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

totally agree. any number to call to ask for invite?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.