learning japanese

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, anyone wants free JLPT form for Jul? I took extra, then i don't think i can return back. Kindly contact me to collect it from me.

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, am interested to learn basic conversational Japanese. I was introduced this school, Pyaess. Is anyone learning there? Hope to hear some reviews. Thank you

Vampireness

Reaction score
dimitri_can - Thanks for that image posting with Kanji.

Do you know of any children books with furigana that's affordable? The ones at Kino seemed really expensive. About S$17 per book?

haato89 -
Well for a start I wasn't asking you to -browse- the entire section and I simply pointed out a single book of 5 mock tests. Just ignore the lines of chinese. You don't really need instructions the test structure is quite standard especially if you look at the JLPT website haha. If you can't read the Japanese instructions then lol you probably aren't ready for the mock test.

I looked through the books briefly, and pointed out that I saw passages of Chinese at the top of a few pages, didn't need to "browse the entire section" for that. Just by looking at the front cover of the book, I didn't know what it was focusing on, like "grammar", "vocab", hence why I mentioned it. I'll look into it again, and get a Chinese mate's help.

I wouldn't know if I can read the Japanese instructions since I haven't looked through a mock test in Japanese before. I probably can't since my Kanji is not good and instructions in some books are sometimes meant to be exampled by a teacher and other times kept simple, but as I said, I haven't looked through a Japanese mock test book.

I'm curious as to why you would assume that people who can speak Chinese would prefer Chinese. there are people who are fairly comfortable in both languages and prefer to learn in English....ever wondered why all other subjects apart from Chinese (and the 3rd languages) are taught in English here?

It's not an assumption, it was from observation, that plenty of Chinese, prefer having instructions and communicating in their native tongue. I merely was curious as to why -you- preferred English so I asked. And, I see why since you mentioned you've had more exposure to English.

Even though, it's taught in English, some people still understand better or prefer to understand it in their own language, Chinese or not. And, not all subjects/schools use English or -just- English, as their teaching medium. Even, if there is a mixture of language it isn't fair or nice for others.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dimitri_can - Thanks for that image posting with Kanji.

Do you know of any children books with furigana that's affordable? The ones at Kino seemed really expensive. About S$17 per book?

haato89 -

I looked through the books briefly, and pointed out that I saw passages of Chinese at the top of a few pages, didn't need to "browse the entire section" for that. Just by looking at the front cover of the book, I didn't know what it was focusing on, like "grammar", "vocab", hence why I mentioned it. I'll look into it again, and get a Chinese mate's help.

I wouldn't know if I can read the Japanese instructions since I haven't looked through a mock test in Japanese before. I probably can't since my Kanji is not good and instructions in some books are sometimes meant to be exampled by a teacher and other times kept simple, but as I said, I haven't looked through a Japanese mock test book.

It's not an assumption, it was from observation, that plenty of Chinese, prefer having instructions and communicating in their native tongue. I merely was curious as to why -you- preferred English so I asked. And, I see why since you mentioned you've had more exposure to English.

Even though, it's taught in English, some people still understand better or prefer to understand it in their own language, Chinese or not. And, not all subjects/schools use English or -just- English, as their teaching medium. Even, if there is a mixture of language it isn't fair or nice for others.
Try this.

White Rabbit Press The Complete Set: Japanese Graded Readers - Beginner - Grouped by LEVEL > - Learn Japanese

Vampireness

Reaction score
Try this.

White Rabbit Press The Complete Set: Japanese Graded Readers - Beginner - Grouped by LEVEL > - Learn Japanese

I know of this one but it's even more costly. I was hoping children books than books targeted to those learning Japanese.

Idk which children book titles are affordable and a good read.

joan3996

Reaction score
qn on japanese grammar

Hi all,
I came across this phrase:
"いろんな情報のあふれている現在"

Why is it "no" instead of a particle like "o" or "ga"?

Setsumei shi te moratte kudasai masenka.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone wants this?

20120331096.jpg

20120331097.jpg

Last edited:

solarwings

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day for JLPT registration!
If you intend to take in July, go register! Remember to bring 2 passport size photos. :)

I registered for N2 on this past Sunday :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.