The Official Xperia S thread

xanthus_f

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, Bishan Service Centre is aware of this problem and the parts will arrive in a week or two so just leave your numbers with the Customer Service Officer and they will contact you once the stock for LCD panel arrives.
i asked the guy about leaving my number, he said no need, just drop by next week.
still need to do backup... troublesome.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I will wait until ICS is out then go change the screen. Same time ask them up to ICS for me.

Swee la. Perfect plan. :D

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a speed dial function in Xperia S? Thks~

Not on the default dialer. You could add your contacts as Favourites and just scroll to the Favourite tab in the default dialer.

Or you can install alternative dialers like Go Dialer, which have speed dial functions.

kite_racer

Reaction score
how to change the tag name? like instead of "home" or "bedroom". i would like to change to something else.

Zeph_ng

Reaction score
Not with the default music player, but FLAC is pointless on a phone like the XS

It's DAC, and the DAC for any phone out there for that matter, aren't up to par for FLAC files, and they just drain more battery power while taking up more space. Stick to V2 VBR MP3s for phones, good balance between SQ, battery and space overall

Quite frankly, if anyone says that FLAC makes a major difference on a mobile phone setup, where the DAC is built for power saving rather than full on performance (same goes for the amp section), I'd like to challenge them to a blind ABX test

Reserve FLACs for desktops with a proper DAC + AMP + cans setup

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Not with the default music player, but FLAC is pointless on a phone like the XS

It's DAC, and the DAC for any phone out there for that matter, aren't up to par for FLAC files, and they just drain more battery power while taking up more space. Stick to V2 VBR MP3s for phones, good balance between SQ, battery and space overall

Quite frankly, if anyone says that FLAC makes a major difference on a mobile phone setup, where the DAC is built for power saving rather than full on performance (same goes for the amp section), I'd like to challenge them to a blind ABX test

Reserve FLACs for desktops with a proper DAC + AMP + cans setup
Thanks bro :s13:

ronnlim

Reaction score
anybody know how to use the DLNA feature to stream to sony tv?

where is the settings? thks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.