Proposal Ring - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjwee

Reaction score
Was looking at the Brellia cut diamond and was quoted on a 0.87 Brellia cushion ... Almost went in to confirm the deal until I realized that the size of the stone is about the same as that of my partner's 0.51 carat stone!!!!!

At 0.87 carat and 5.41mm X 5.41mm ... It's very similar to hers at 5mmX 5mm (0.51 carats)

I read that cushions are smaller in comparison to the RBs but somehow I feel that getting the cushion is now redundant ... Since I m stationed away from Singapore it is hard for me to make any visual comparison ... Anyone here has a Brellia 0.87 handshot or similar feeling?

Now I'm stuck ....

Sigh

karatokaro

Reaction score
Was looking at the Brellia cut diamond and was quoted on a 0.87 Brellia cushion ... Almost went in to confirm the deal until I realized that the size of the stone is about the same as that of my partner's 0.51 carat stone!!!!!

At 0.87 carat and 5.41mm X 5.41mm ... It's very similar to hers at 5mmX 5mm (0.51 carats)

I read that cushions are smaller in comparison to the RBs but somehow I feel that getting the cushion is now redundant ... Since I m stationed away from Singapore it is hard for me to make any visual comparison ... Anyone here has a Brellia 0.87 handshot or similar feeling?

Now I'm stuck ....

Sigh

Square cuts are always smaller than rounds of the same carat size mah.

Anyway to get a feel of how big a diamond might look, you can visit this site:
ajediamDOTcom/Sizes-of-DiamondsDOThtml

I don't have enough post count to post a link so, replace the DOT with a .

llvisionll

Reaction score
Yeah, it will look smaller than round shape. the solasfera 0.6+ diamond i saw b4 is ard 5.5 x 5.5 already lor

Now I'm stuck ....

Sigh

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Dear all,

A reminder that all unsolicited sales post/ thread will be removed~

Thanks~ :vijayadmin:

[GorgeouS]

Reaction score
I bought a Cushion Brellia myself and it does look about say 10% smaller than a round. But remember if you're going for the Brellia, you're going for something special and one of a kind. Not to mention the brightness and sparkle is much more superior than those normal cushion diamonds you see out there.

If you compare the Brellia to JP's super ideal, I find that it looks abit brighter under white light. My wifey adores the Brellia and will not trade it for anything else :s13:

BoulevardLim

Reaction score

guys, check out the end part of this video... truly showcases and differentiates JP rounds from the common rounds out in the market .

brilliant...brilliant...:D

Wah, that's really alot of difference there, I meant the ending part...
(sigh of relief) Luckily I didnt park my money with the other retailers outside. :s13::s12:

fkm1180

Reaction score
rose gold.

Anyone here purchase a rose gold before?
Does your rose gold look very pinkish or just light pinkish?

Will the rose gold faded off over the time?

It will be appreciate if anyone here can post some photo here. I am planning to get a rose gold ring but not sure whether it will faded off or not.

Please advise.

yvette

Reaction score
Anyone here purchase a rose gold before?
Does your rose gold look very pinkish or just light pinkish?

Will the rose gold faded off over the time?

It will be appreciate if anyone here can post some photo here. I am planning to get a rose gold ring but not sure whether it will faded off or not.

Please advise.

hello... if you are asking abt JP's rose gold then here's my words:
JP has (new) samples of rose gold ring with them maybe you can take a look?
i have seen it a few times and i must say it is not very pinkish... and definitely not my shade of rose gold.
Jann explained that it is their standard rose color and it will not fade easily. Whereas, if it is customize to a more pinkish tone it will fade easier - within a short period of time.

while shopping at bvlgari and another private jeweler their rose gold is more pinkish and much nicer.

Last edited:

recnamor

Reaction score
Hey, you guys should also try out Ling jewellery as well. I personally visited JP and Ling jewellery, and their services and attitudes are really excellent. Most importantly, they are not the pushy type. Nevertheless, I am very much decided to let Ling do my ring. Initially I was deceived by the limited ring designs presented in their website, but after my visit to her shop, I realized there are much wider range of ring designs to choose from.

With the exact same drawings/sketches provided to JP and Ling, Ling’s conceptual design impressed me the most. Not surprising because throughout the 1-2 hours of discussion on the ring customization, I could see that she can really relate well to my idea and improvise them better.

JP got good diamonds, but when come to ring design, maybe it is good to have some artistic inputs from female perspective (perhaps only women knows themselves better than men does... LOL). Just my 2 cents worth. The final 3D conceptual design looks like it will complement JP’s diamond really well. Looking forward for the real thing to be out!

yvette

Reaction score
Hey, you guys should also try out Ling jewellery as well. I personally visited JP and Ling jewellery, and their services and attitudes are really excellent. Most importantly, they are not the pushy type. Nevertheless, I am very much decided to let Ling do my ring. Initially I was deceived by the limited ring designs presented in their website, but after my visit to her shop, I realized there are much wider range of ring designs to choose from.

With the exact same drawings/sketches provided to JP and Ling, Ling’s conceptual design impressed me the most. Not surprising because throughout the 1-2 hours of discussion on the ring customization, I could see that she can really relate well to my idea and improvise them better.

JP got good diamonds, but when come to ring design, maybe it is good to have some artistic inputs from female perspective (perhaps only women knows themselves better than men does... LOL). Just my 2 cents worth. The final 3D conceptual design looks like it will complement JP’s diamond really well. Looking forward for the real thing to be out!

yes their designs are nice but price wise is on the higher end.
in the end i choose diamond over design. hahaha

and fkm1180 the private jeweler i am talking abt with rose gold ring is Ling jewellery

Reaction score

guys, check out the end part of this video... truly showcases and differentiates JP rounds from the common rounds out in the market .

brilliant...brilliant...:D

Wah, that's really alot of difference there, I meant the ending part...
(sigh of relief) Luckily I didnt park my money with the other retailers outside. :s13::s12:

yea, a lot of difference.. learnt how to appreciate diamonds more recently...
check out this video..

my missus thinking of 2 Solasfera diamond on the side and middle is her cushion brellia...

recnamor

Reaction score
Yeah, actually I suspected you are referring to Ling jewellery. Their rose gold ring series are to my liking. Color composition is well balanced - in not too pinkish, and not too dull either.

If we are talking about non-customized ring, it will be cheap to get diamond and ring from just one shop. However, if it is customized ring, the price probably isn’t going to be diff too much (yeah, at least for my case)

Can always buy diamond from JP and go over to other place for ring design customization. That is what I did. For diamond, I go for JP. For ring design, I prefer Ling jewellery.

yes their designs are nice but price wise is on the higher end.
in the end i choose diamond over design. hahaha
and fkm1180 the private jeweler i am talking abt with rose gold ring is Ling jewellery

hnrch42

Reaction score
My hoot from JP, Cushion Brellia.
Need comments.. which one suits my gf hand better? She always comprain of her fatty fingers.

Picture 1- Cushion Brellia with classic ring
M1.jpg

Picture 2 - Cushion Brellia with narrow side diamond and twin claw
M2.jpg

Picture 3 - Cushion Brellia with broad side diamond
M3.jpg

I have narrowed down to these 3 rings.
Appreciate the feedback. Please don't comment on the diamond size, I already chose it as there is significant meaning to the number :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.