Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

e8raptor

Reaction score
Happens to meet an old army buddy who is having a stall at the IT 2012 fair. Hooted this card to replace my GTX470 at a very special price for paling ME3 collector item.

P1050555.jpg

P1050557.jpg

Games like Skyrim, Syndicate and Battlefield 3 are gorgeous running with this card. Even wife also commented the graphics look nice
intro us ur friend also le haha.:D

p2311967

Reaction score
Since i got tj11, fan at front n middle card, not recommended. Only those at the rear. So, those with 2 fans, can use?

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6Bews9Id8

ONE FC: War of the Lions on March 31 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium is expected to be sold out. Don't miss the chance to witness the greatest fight card in Singapore's history! The official fight card is coming out very soon with MMA superstars like Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eduard Folayang, Masakazu Imanari, Ole Laursen, Eddie Ng, Melvin Manhoef, Zorobabel Moreira, Yuya Shirai, and other big names.

GRAB YOUR TICKETS TODAY! sistic.com.sg/

Spammer. Reported.

leo_wen_sg

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to get a 560ti. Which brand should i go for? Not particular about the RMA location. Just Performance vs price considerations.

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Out of touch with gfx since 260GTX. Nowadays see cards with 1.5GB to 3GB RAM but when I read reviews, all of them talk about 2-3 display sized resolutions.

If I were to game on single display 1080p, is 1.5GB enough, even for those super-detailed texture games? Skyrim with HD texture pack only needs about 1GB. Anyone knows about other games like BF3?

EDIT: LOL googled some and found an interesting link: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1381103&mpage=1

Vram usage on BF3, was right on the nose of the issue, the two 590's I had would drag, and lag out so often with 1480MB of Vram used (shown by afterburner)

Fired up the game last night for a bit.
Avg Vram Usage
Kharg Island 2003MB
Caspian Border 1957MB

Didn't play any of the others, but it was BUTTER smooth the whole time, looking forward to going back to karkand tonight!

So the point of this thread...lets consolidate all the games we know take more than 1.5GB of Vram especially and also any that take more than 2GB

So, first on the list...not that we didnt already know this.
BF3 @ 2560X1600 AVG 1980MB
Skyrim @ 2560X1600 ~ 2000MB easily modded to ~3000MB
Some useful info there.

Last edited:

icezkewl

Reaction score
Hi! I've got a question:

I'm running AMD Athlon X2 processor with 1gb ram and Palit GeForce 9600GT gfx card.

I was looking to play D3 on ultra settings (I also play WoW and would like to play it on ultra too)

Anyone can recommend me a gfx card? I was thinking of Palit GTX560 Ti and upgrading my ram.

Also, do I need to upgrade my processor? How much ram should I get? Last built my comp 3-4 years ago and looking to upgrade it now. Don't really use it for much else other than gaming/internet.

Thanks!

x3illuminate

Reaction score
Hi! I've got a question:

I'm running AMD Athlon X2 processor with 1gb ram and Palit GeForce 9600GT gfx card.

I was looking to play D3 on ultra settings (I also play WoW and would like to play it on ultra too)

Anyone can recommend me a gfx card? I was thinking of Palit GTX560 Ti and upgrading my ram.

Also, do I need to upgrade my processor? How much ram should I get? Last built my comp 3-4 years ago and looking to upgrade it now. Don't really use it for much else other than gaming/internet.

Thanks!

Probably going to have to upgrade the processor,definetely going to bottleneck a 560TI.
Might want a 7770.i think that would work,not really sure.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Running 3x 1920x1200 monitors.

Graphic cards VRAM 2GB is enough? Or need to get 3GB ones?

sKeLeT0n

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im looking to get a ASUS GTX560 TI. can any sexperts here help me check whether will it be a problem to my existing rig? im worried about the PSU and CPU and the mini casing lol.

Last edited:

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! I've got a question:

Thanks!

Upgrade the rams to 4GB. If budget low,go overclock. Upgrade processor if using gtx560ti? Take note of your psu too,can support gpu?

tweetybird

Reaction score
Hi, i am recommended to buy this graphics card MSI Twin Frozr II N560GTX-Ti 1GB GDDR5.
Is this a good graphics card to play games like battlefield 3 or fifa '12?
Thanks

citaro

Reaction score
Hi. Was looking for a budget pc. Acer got one mini
Pc at $599. But it mention that there is no graphic card ? How does this affect the image or display ? Sorry for the noob question.

Melicious

Master Member
Reaction score
any rumors on the mid range gtx600s?
wait until neck growing longer as each day passes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.