Institute of Technology (SIT) - Singapore's 5th University!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogdays

Reaction score
SIT Interview

I have been called up for admission interview for Mech. Design & Manu. Engrg tomorrow. Does anyone know what kind of qsns I can expect from the interviewers?

wind08

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Anyone got any interview from NU's Food & Nutritional Science yet?

I've applied since early March but till now my mailbox is still empty..

I'm feeling my chances slowly slipping away :(

I'm currently doing PT degree (only took 1 module to test test) with PSB.

I grad from TP, biotech with CGPA of 3.04

Currently working for already 1year (in relevant field), prior to that was internship & before I enter NS I worked in TP as a lab tech (yes, relevant).

I'm wondering what are my chances, views from current students? And any others that already got your interview for this degree, please share your GPA / work exp etc..

Cheers & thanks in advance!! :s12:

Liquid Snake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a friend from NYP going to the interview for yesterday for the Glasgow School of Arts and her interview was really intense. The ang mor from Glasgow and this guy from admission dept grilled her about her portfolio. Why did she use this image, why were other things not considered. how much research did she do for the designs. So i guess it depends. Not all will not have technical questions.

imho, it is a no brainer because NUS/NTU/SMU are more focused on getting A levels holders. They only allocated a certain quota for Poly grads. So if i am not a COM holder, GPA not at least 3.8, might as well try SIT because i have a better chance. Some more, SIT was created for Poly grads.

Moreover, for many of the SIT degrees, it is only 2 years instead of at least 3 with NUS/NTU for engineering. Tuition fees subsidised by govt also. Very cheap liao compared to going overseas.

Given the reputation and ranking of the foreign universities, i believe that private sector should not be an issue:

For Engineering
1) Technische Universität München - 54th in world, 29 for Engineering and IT, No.1 in Germany (you honestly think that European companies won't know of them)

2) University of Glasgow - 59th in world, 83 for Arts & Humanities (relevant because Glasgow School of Arts is actually Uni. Glasgow) | 113 for Engineering & IT

3) University of Manchester - 29th in world | 43 for Life Sciences (relevant because of nursing)

4) Trinity College Dublin - 65th in the world | 80 for Life Sciences

Too lazy to search the other foreign uni at SIT.

in comparison,
NUS - 28th in world
NTU - 58th in world
SMU - No ranking (it is only relevant to Singapore)

So overall, SIT is really not too bad especially since got full government support

Somemore, got people apply to other local uni also one, i am sure.

I think it's more convincing if there's a GES of SIT graduates. anyway if i'm not wrong the 1st batch had already graduated in 2011.

BTW those who're still waiting for their application results(SIT/NUS/NTU/SMU) may have to wait even LONGER b'cos the CAT A application is still open(A-lvl), dont expect anything until mid april to early may. So I'm sure your nightmares or insomia wont end so soon:s13:

stylemen

Reaction score
First window of acceptance opening....let's hope I can be classmate with fellow forumers here who applied for newcastle chem eng

AmmLeoz

Reaction score
Hmm may i know, UOG aerospace System vs TUM EE or CE , which one is better?
Btw, I have GPA 3.42 from SP aerospace Electronic.

wind08

Reaction score
this is just horrible... no replies from SIT at all.

looks like i gotta plan for something else.. giving myself 1 more week.

wind08

Reaction score
Relax.. we tend to be impatient because we are nervous and have no faith in ourselves. Not referring to those who applied for SIT but the other unis as well.

FYI, I only got my offer from NTU and SIT-TUM late may.

Thanks for the assurance man.. i know few friends with GPA 2.9- 3.0 got into NU's courses. I'm hoping that my bearly near the COP grades can get me through.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully 1year+ of relevant work experience would do me some good too :o

TampinesBoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance man.. i know few friends with GPA 2.9- 3.0 got into NU's courses. I'm hoping that my bearly near the COP grades can get me through.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully 1year+ of relevant work experience would do me some good too :o

I'd also gotten my offer from NTU and SIT in late May last year. ^_^ For my case, the Joint Admission portal was not even accessible before the letter (NTU) and sms (SIT) were received. ^^"

Don't lose hope. =) You'll never know good things may come to you anytime. -pray for you- =)

Last edited:

AmmLeoz

Reaction score

Shakespeare

Reaction score
How to have GES? First batch graduating only later this year...
:s22:

I think it's more convincing if there's a GES of SIT graduates. anyway if i'm not wrong the 1st batch had already graduated in 2011.

BTW those who're still waiting for their application results(SIT/NUS/NTU/SMU) may have to wait even LONGER b'cos the CAT A application is still open(A-lvl), dont expect anything until mid april to early may. So I'm sure your nightmares or insomia wont end so soon:s13:

horacio

Reaction score

for this u can't judge by which is better. more of, which job scope u want to focus on more in future?

stylemen

Reaction score
Called them up to ask about my acceptance and they refused to tell me the result stating that its their policy zzz...

Murdifi

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just been called up for interview for UOG Aerospace Systems! ITS STILL NOT TOO LATE! DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

Mamamonster

Reaction score
All the Lao Jiao~, How long will it take for them to confirm whether you're accepted or not after the Interview? Please advice :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.