Hoot Club! Post Your Technology/Hardware Related Purchases NOW! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckboon

Reaction score
monster case. Too bad not sold in Singapore.

Yeah, don't understand the local distributor's thinking. This is a damn solid case, whether it's for water cooling or just simple air-cooling. It has tons of options & space.

Anyway, HK is just 3.30 hrs by air. CX is still having the promotion. 2 to go, min 2 nights, and extra 10 kg per pax. :)

BTW, the shop has all 4 versions on display. Go figure.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How bad was your wallet wounded?

Where did you buy it? Thanks for your reply as I am looking for a 27" LED Monitor.

Hi, it costs $890 (cash) and i got it from Kaira at SLS but was ordered from Asus. You can PM them at the asus section. THey have made another order, ETA according to them TBC.

I have mixed bag of feelings because i'm changing from a U2711 :s13:. Not to mention too many negative things, the 3D is excellent and impressive. I have no complaints because that was what i was looking for.

For those going for 3D, you wont go wrong with this.

miketkf

Reaction score
Hi, it costs $890 (cash) and i got it from Kaira at SLS but was ordered from Asus. You can PM them at the asus section. THey have made another order, ETA according to them TBC.

I have mixed bag of feelings because i'm changing from a U2711 :s13:. Not to mention too many negative things, the 3D is excellent and impressive. I have no complaints because that was what i was looking for.

Thanks for your info. At present, I am using the old Asus Dark Knight ATI 4870 card, if I want to use this monitor, I have to upgrade my video card to GTX 680 so it is comparable with it. I am thinking to upgrade my old X58 system to Ivy-bridge CPU system and that will cost me more than $4000 including all the lastest tech. in PC.

garfield82

Master Member
Reaction score

Join the club of 120hz monitor users :D

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bravo, well done!

HK FTW!

Which shop did you get this casing from? Must go and beo all the display casings next time.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just arrived. :D

msi-r7870-twinfrozr-03.jpg

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nope. Went with my wife and baby. After checking in to the hotel, I went to the computer centre to buy the case while wife & baby were resting in the hotel room.

Oh, CX had a special package that came with extra 10 kg per pax. So made use of this trip to buy the case & baby clothes.

Had to. 17.5 kg with extra packing material, waterproof paper, etc. The best part, I had to push it to the old-sized check-in counter to check it in.

For those who don't have the free extra 10 kg.
You can always check in your baby & carry this case onboard :D

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx, the Hornington showroom at level 3 at Golden SSP right? That place is still so confusing after all the visits I made over the years. :vijayadmin:

ckboon

Reaction score
Thx, the Hornington showroom at level 3 at Golden SSP right? That place is still so confusing after all the visits I made over the years. :vijayadmin:

That's the one.

I think all the old buildings in HK are bad. But in general, I don't like to go to SSP.

Anyway, Hornington staff gave great service. They opened the box for me to check the case. And then put tie up the box so that my uncle & I can carry it to the mtr station.

If anyone is going to get one, I strongly suggest u bring along a cart (those they give during pc shows when u buy a big printer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.