NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

crabber

Reaction score
Anyone went for SMU Biz Mgmt interview and english test? Need some help for the english test.

How is the test like? (GP and Compre?) Is there anything I can do to prepare myself for the test?

Hurzer

Reaction score
Anyone went for SMU Biz Mgmt interview and english test? Need some help for the english test.

How is the test like? (GP and Compre?) Is there anything I can do to prepare myself for the test?

Just went for the test today, the english compre test standard was around GP level.

BTW there is a composition and it is about writing an argumentative essay. Just prepare how you would for GP and you would be fine!

jameskoay

Reaction score
You're not the only one ): my is just border line gpa which I don't think I will be able t make it into any local university. Especially my O level result is not very excellent. Anyone has any idea if poly I calculate UAS point (correct me if I'm wrong) meet the min UAS point, can I make it in? ):

maybe you might want to elaborate on your o level grades, gpa and poly course.. we may be able to help you gauge from there :)

jameskoay

Reaction score
3.64, r4 17, no r5 ): what are the chances for NUS PFM & SMU Econ? But I got DWM, w DWM got higher chance?

well from what you can see for yourself, you met the 10th percentile mark for both courses stated.. but then again your R4 is abit high... so even if you get an offer, it will probably be the later part of april. i talked to the admissions lady at NUS and she said they can't offer those with GPA nearing to the 10th percentile too early because they have to offer JC students as well.. so only when it is nearing to the deadline for acceptance or so, students will reject certain courses and slots will be opened for those borderline students. yup thats the truth.

in my opinion DWM is just a name... doesn't really do much. the GPA would matter much more.. someone with 3.8 and no DWM will definitely have a higher chance.

cheers

toughlifegirl

Reaction score
well from what you can see for yourself, you met the 10th percentile mark for both courses stated.. but then again your R4 is abit high... so even if you get an offer, it will probably be the later part of april. i talked to the admissions lady at NUS and she said they can't offer those with GPA nearing to the 10th percentile too early because they have to offer JC students as well.. so only when it is nearing to the deadline for acceptance or so, students will reject certain courses and slots will be opened for those borderline students. yup thats the truth.

in my opinion DWM is just a name... doesn't really do much. the GPA would matter much more.. someone with 3.8 and no DWM will definitely have a higher chance.

cheers

): sighhh. But thanks! :) at least I see some hope..

vuhaihung157

Reaction score
Hi every body

Do you have any idea what is the chance for me to get in local uni?

Some information is provided below:

CGPA: 3.89 (NP Accountancy)
No O-lv background !!!
Applying 1st choice NTU Acc and NUS Acc

I heard that for those without O-lv, they needed to take the test at NTU, but so far I have not been called for that stupid test. I am scared they will kick me out because I dont score any point for 20% O-lv. Hope you can advise :)

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi every body

Do you have any idea what is the chance for me to get in local uni?

Some information is provided below:

CGPA: 3.89 (NP Accountancy)
No O-lv background !!!
Applying 1st choice NTU Acc and NUS Acc

I heard that for those without O-lv, they needed to take the test at NTU, but so far I have not been called for that stupid test. I am scared they will kick me out because I dont score any point for 20% O-lv. Hope you can advise :)

Go read up on the NUS's stand on those without O lvl. basically u lose out 20% straightaway. and they accept the candidate in a case by case basis with ur other achievements. e.g. SAT

genevievechee

Reaction score
what course r u from ? Do remember that priority is given to ppl from a relevant course. only the top 10% of the poly grad can choose any course they like in local uni. Its stated on the uni website. =)

Taken directly from NTU website:
Admission Criteria:

General Requirements
You are a Polytechnic Diploma Holder or a Final Year Student from a local polytechnic in Singapore.

You should have a relevant diploma from a local polytechnic in Singapore (see List of Acceptable Diplomas below).
If you have a Diploma with Merit or Diploma with Distinction, you may apply for any programme in NTU, regardless your diploma.

i am from the banking and finan course. anyone know when is the last date to receive the acceptance letter?

agenda

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes I applied through DA. The location was at NTU Executive Centre (Education Wing). I thought it was for my 4th Choice, BSc (Education). However I checked and it turned out to be a general interview for all my choices.

Really confused with it.

Anyway just for others to know, my achievements were:
2nd Year in Poly, President of Students' Union.
3rd Year in Poly, Vice-President of Students' Union.

B4- 9
R5 - 12

IT-related Diploma, GPA 3.35, applied for NTU Comp Sci, Comp Eng, BSc (Education) and Comms Studies.

You from tp right? CDS?

couscous.falafel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where do you intend to go? you have a good R4 :)

applied for the following

NUS - Law, FASS, PFM. Materials Engrg, Mechanical Engrg
NTU - Psychology, Sociology, Materials Engrg, Mechanical Engrg
SMU - Law, Psychology, Sociology

i'm very pessimistic and skeptical about my chances :(

supercwm

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any offers from ntu and nus mechanical engineering?

Waiting for letter, don't know got chance or not.

jameskoay

Reaction score

you should be able to get into most of those courses except Law :D

hakkinen

Reaction score

Hey, fass shld be good to go, ntu and smu very high chance due to ur decent gpa and english A1 for O...as for laws, chances is as close as zero, cheers

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.