Bonus$aver - the only account that gives you the highest interest rate in town from SCB

Vincent_G

Reaction score
Just received my credit card for this account, read thru the documents that came with it.. The $500 need to charge to this card is retail purchase? meaning if I made payment to my Singtel/Starhub invoices via their website or vpost website is not considered retail? How about air-tickets & hotel purchases made online? Considered retail purchases?

*edit: found the answers in page 3, thanks
I understand from their staff, it must be a master card transaction, which means that it must be swiped at retail or use CVV when you do online transaction. I might be wrong.. To be sure, please check yourself..

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was told that one can head to any branch to link the CC to the bonusaver account, so as to make withdrawals from the account... Not for me coz I already have an XtraSaver debit card...

Anyway SCB took the chance to update my address (??? Strange... I didn't change my addy) and my income details(credit limit)

GPGT!
scbkg.jpg

Last edited:

haydentan

Reaction score
Was told that one can head to any branch to link the CC to the bonusaver account, so as to make withdrawals from the account... Not for me coz I already have an XtraSaver debit card...

Anyway SCB took the chance to update my address (??? Strange... I didn't change my addy) and my income details(credit limit)

GPGT!
scbkg.jpg

Talking about updating the address, they got my postal code updated wrongly. When I called them to correct it, the CSO told me tat another person will call me to confirm the correction in 2 working days' time. What I dun understand is that why didn't they called n checked before they were updating especially when one of digits in the postal code was changed. Also, the last update was years ago. Dun understand how their system works.

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
a6a98807.png

This is mine. I do not have $25000 to earn the 1.88% interest. :(

spearhawk

Reaction score
I went down to the branch and say I want to apply for BonusSaver account. The account was opened, but like that does it mean they will give you both a debit card and credit card? Or need to explictly asked for them?

haydentan

Reaction score
I went down to the branch and say I want to apply for BonusSaver account. The account was opened, but like that does it mean they will give you both a debit card and credit card? Or need to explictly asked for them?

If u fill up all the sections in the form, u will get both. However if u left out section 3, u will only get the credit card after u passed them ur latest payslip or past 6 mths cpf contribution statement

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u fill up all the sections in the form, u will get both. However if u left out section 3, u will only get the credit card after u passed them ur latest payslip or past 6 mths cpf contribution statement

I applied on the spot... They took my income tax assessment

spearhawk

Reaction score

Any idea what is section 3 about? I can't remember what I filled haha.

aklryan

Reaction score
what if your spending does not meet the $500 amount each month, what will be the interest rate?

digitalguy

Reaction score

i was given only credit card(lousy staff didnt tell us we cannot use credit card to withdraw cash from bonus$aver), and my wife they didnt issue any debit card. so we had visited the bank one more time to request for debit card. better you ask for both and save one more visit to bank.

Vincent_G

Reaction score
a6a98807.png

This is mine. I do not have $25000 to earn the 1.88% interest. :(
I think you have understood wrongly.. You don't need to have 25K to earn 1.88%, but spend $500 retail transactions on the mastercard, and whatever amount in savings account will earn 1.88% (up to 25K)..

cbyen

Reaction score
I understand from their staff, it must be a master card transaction, which means that it must be swiped at retail or use CVV when you do online transaction. I might be wrong.. To be sure, please check yourself..

gosh, this is so confusing. I called up & different cso gave different answers :(.

Vincent_G

Reaction score
gosh, this is so confusing. I called up & different cso gave different answers :(.
What answers did they give?? Even if you only have 1K in your savings account and spend $500 correctly, you will still earn 1.88% on your 1K savings account.. as simple as that..

cbyen

Reaction score
What answers did they give?? Even if you only have 1K in your savings account and spend $500 correctly, you will still earn 1.88% on your 1K savings account.. as simple as that..

my concern is how to spend the $500 "correctly"? I called up 3 times.. First CSO told me all purchases (except bill payments done thru ibanking) will be OK. Second time I call up, the CSO told me only transactions done at the retail shop can be considered as part of the $500. This morning I called up again.. the guy CSO told me paying online at various merchant website is OK.

I have no problem to hit $500 per month but 95% of my transactions are online based, eg purchase SQ air-tickets, Agoda hotel booking, or various bill payment like starhub/singtel thru their own website or Vpost. I seldom swipe my card at retail shops.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my concern is how to spend the $500 "correctly"? I called up 3 times.. First CSO told me all purchases (except bill payments done thru ibanking) will be OK. Second time I call up, the CSO told me only transactions done at the retail shop can be considered as part of the $500. This morning I called up again.. the guy CSO told me paying online at various merchant website is OK.

I have no problem to hit $500 per month but 95% of my transactions are online based, eg purchase SQ air-tickets, Agoda hotel booking, or various bill payment like starhub/singtel thru their own website or Vpost. I seldom swipe my card at retail shops.

suggest u to prompt ur example in through the ibank mailbox? and get them to check for u.
at least u got prove, if not eligible can seek compensation.

but base on ur example, all are online basis.

or even speak to hotline manager, get them to mail u a letter base on ur query and result. see which route u wan seek.

cbyen

Reaction score
suggest u to prompt ur example in through the ibank mailbox? and get them to check for u.
at least u got prove, if not eligible can seek compensation.

but base on ur example, all are online basis.

or even speak to hotline manager, get them to mail u a letter base on ur query and result. see which route u wan seek.

OK, I will wrote in thru ibank mailbox and see their reply, thanks!

spearhawk

Reaction score
So application before 1st april no need min deposit? Application now need 10k deposit?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.