[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

RIp~Shan

Reaction score
Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.

You can link me the source you took it from ?
Cause what if I move to another country I have to buy GW2 all over again ?
Quite contradicting what your saying.

fantasy87

Reaction score
You can link me the source you took it from ?
Cause what if I move to another country I have to buy GW2 all over again ?
Quite contradicting what your saying.

Here are some... | Facebook

helping the dude above...
quote from the fb post above...
Finally, we are aware that a lot of our players travel, and we are looking into a solution for you.

basically if u move, yes u need to buy another copy :s13:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks fantasy87 for giving the source, I forgot to cite in my earlier post sorry. And as of now, yes if u move out of your 'zone of purchase', u might have to buy a new copy. But i believe it's not country by country, most probably it's like from moving from SEA country to the non SEA country like UK. I may be wrong though.

RIp~Shan

Reaction score
Thanks..So to clarify this (the above facebook message) only matters to NA and EU. Cause SG and all other Non-European
countries fall under NA.
So far I have read, Arenanet have not said anything about SEA in different servers or so forth.
Cause I would be playing with my mates from Aus and NZ from SG, therefore this thing is like abit tricky and hassle. Hope GW2 goes without a hitch.

Last edited:

Newbie-Me

Reaction score
so after we prepurchase the game on GW2 web at 10April. which server they are putting us in? NA?

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay some updates from the guildwars fb page

And don't worry -- we want you to play with your friends wherever you are. This policy only affects where you can login from -- not which worlds you can access. People from NA will be able to play with people from EU at launch. We've got two datacenters -- one in NA and one in EU. Those who do not fall into either of those two regions will default to the NA datacenter.

We should fall under NA ;)

Newbie-Me

Reaction score
yeah hopefully is NA. i played some other MMOs on EU based server. majority of the EU players speaking their own languages not sure what language is that but i totally cant understand..:look:

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If playing ncsoft game like aion is any indication, than we'll be playing in n.a servers, like most of the mmo.

So far no region block issue for mmo for us, except Tera..... T.T

fantasy87

Reaction score
buy both lo hahaa...
its max 180 for both i think...

plus, no sub for both game. u buy le can play whenever u wan.

there isnt gonna be much nice rpg/mmo games coming out for a long long time hahahaa...

Last edited:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
dilemma.. D3 or GW2 ==''

i had the same dilemma, but due to work and life commitment, i chose guild wars 2 over d3 :) more relax gameplay, no need to 'rush' the act with other people and see who has better gears and loots aka lesser competition stress. But i might just play for the storyline though.

Newbie-Me

Reaction score
in my opinion GW2 is better.. more flexible kinda agreed with majora, its more relax gameplay. and do note that D3 is not a MMO you can get both if u want. in D3 they only have Co-Op and PvP system for online playing. you're stress yourself out if you get both games lol. will be very busy haha. if i wanna play D3 maybe will just download it somewhere else and try the campaign only lol.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
in my opinion GW2 is better.. more flexible kinda agreed with majora, its more relax gameplay. and do note that D3 is not a MMO you can get both if u want. in D3 they only have Co-Op and PvP system for online playing. you're stress yourself out if you get both games lol. will be very busy haha. if i wanna play D3 maybe will just download it somewhere else and try the campaign only lol.

I would love to do that :o but unfortunately, D3 is server base liao, dunno if it can be play offline or not.. :(

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
haiz to pre-purchase or wait till someone bring in gw2 for cheaper price

If u do not need those benefits(like items and 3 days head start) of pre-purchase, maybe u can wait for local store to bring in ba

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.