[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

doomgaze86

Reaction score
For people who are wondering if purchasing the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition from GameStop is a "pre-purchase" or "pre-order" - I just received my "pre-purchase" confirmation along with the "pre-purchase" code. So it is a pre-purchase!

More than 1 piece of Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition can be placed in a single order at GameStop to share the shipping fees, but do take note of your country's custom tax. Example: For Singapore, there is tax if the amount exceeds SGD $400.

Also, for those who pre-purchased and wish to play together at the next beta weekend, if you are interested, I am consolidating a list: Click here to join us

For those looking for a Guild Wars 2 Guild, check out: Guild Wars 2 | Einsof Gaming

See you in Guild Wars 2!

Was wondering if you could clarify something for me. I got an email from Gamestop asking for my credit card statement earlier in the week. Did you get one too? Did you get your prepurchase key immediately after placing your order?

The thing is, I placed my order last week, got an email asking for the statement on Sunday, faxed the statement on Monday night, and then got the key last night. So I'm not sure if my account is now verified.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will 1 shot invite all of us, most likely split into a few groups for different beta ba....
I remember they said before all pre purchasers will get access to all weekend beta and 3 days head start :)

4urorax

Reaction score
who want to purchase together ?? only gamestop is selling pre purchase/ pre order of guild wars 2 CE ?

that time i try pre order Diablo 3 CE, they need me to fax credit card details, end up i pre order from Amazon.

GameStop didn't require me to fax anything over.. I think it is random.. some are required to while some are not required to..

More than 1 retailer is selling the CE, full list here: User:Stephane Lo Presti/GW2 prepurchase retailers list - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

I don't think they will 1 shot invite all of us, most likely split into a few groups for different beta ba....

They will 1 shot invite all who pre-purchased. Well.. they have to. It is written clearly by the Guild Wars 2 staff:

Players who pre-purchase any edition will have guaranteed entry into all beta weekend events, three-day headstart access to the final game, and Hero's Band in-game item.

source: User talk:Stephane Lo Presti/GW2 prepurchase retailers list - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Was wondering if you could clarify something for me. I got an email from Gamestop asking for my credit card statement earlier in the week. Did you get one too? Did you get your prepurchase key immediately after placing your order?

The thing is, I placed my order last week, got an email asking for the statement on Sunday, faxed the statement on Monday night, and then got the key last night. So I'm not sure if my account is now verified.

No, they didn't require me to fax anything over. The official pre-purchase only opened yesterday around 3PM GMT+8. Regarding you case, you have to check with GameStop. I made my purchase last night and got the "pre-purchase" code to register this morning.

Last edited:

krey

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought mine. Look forward to playing with some of you guys then.

fumikasu

Reaction score
Paypal has put my account in LIMITED.... How do I buy now?

Try going to resolution centre. I had mine limited as well and was told to go to Resolution Centre. All they required me to do was change my password and security question before restoring it back to normal.

fumikasu

Reaction score
i remember reading that we are able to port gw1 stuffs over to gw2? is it true?

Yes your Hall of Monuments achievements would be brought over from GW1 to GW2 so as to receive the rewards. You will be asked to link your GW1 account when you register your GW2 account.

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes your Hall of Monuments achievements would be brought over from GW1 to GW2 so as to receive the rewards. You will be asked to link your GW1 account when you register your GW2 account.

cool! thinking should i buy this game a not! i already hooted d3 :(

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They will 1 shot invite all who pre-purchased. Well.. they have to. It is written clearly by the Guild Wars 2 staff:

Players who pre-purchase any edition will have guaranteed entry into all beta weekend events, three-day headstart access to the final game, and Hero's Band in-game item.

source: User talk:Stephane Lo Presti/GW2 prepurchase retailers list - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

g.

Thanks!
That means they will be releasing all the servers for beta sia!

Than we can choose which servers we'll be playing on once the name.is.release ....

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
GameStop didn't require me to fax anything over.. I think it is random.. some are required to while some are not required to..

i shall try again. just pre order from gamestop. if they require me to fax statement card i gave up. I only trust US and UK retailer. Zaavi got poor reputation of handling and shipping. they also lost items frequently.

left gamestop and amazon but amazon doesn't have CE.

doomgaze86

Reaction score
No, they didn't require me to fax anything over. The official pre-purchase only opened yesterday around 3PM GMT+8. Regarding you case, you have to check with GameStop. I made my purchase last night and got the "pre-purchase" code to register this morning.

Thanks, I emailed them to find out if they received my fax and if my account is now verified. If only they worked 24/7, then I'd have a bit more comfort about whether my order went through.

chronorec

Master Member
Reaction score
cool! thinking should i buy this game a not! i already hooted d3 :(

Official release date of guild wars 2 should still be some time away so you can probably still focus on d3 while playing gw2 during the beta weekends which should be only once or at most twice a month.

Besides gameplay is quite different for the two, D3 is more of small party battles, getting pwned by bosses in the new inferno difficulty and some pvp which isn't up yet. In gw2 you get to have large scale battles in both PvP and PvE, positioning in battles also become more important when you can jump and dodge in a 3d terrain. Though the difficulty should probably be lesser than that of D3 endgame, save for some of the Elite areas

Also, personally for me when comparing D2 to GW1, I find that most of the time in D2 PvE is just MF and farming bosses for items, where I simply focus on getting the items. But in GW1 I actually enjoy the process of fighting through the Elite areas, even if I don't get anything at all.

Yes I'm a GW fanboy, but I've played Diablo since I was in primary school and gonna get 3 too.

kill99

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm alot of gw 1 ppl here.

No $$ to buy gw 1 when i was young but seen before my frens play it

brought both D3 and GW2 just waiting for it to be out

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.