Official Thread - BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 (Dakota)

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

july14

Reaction score
download os here: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
(look under asia pac for your telco, be it starhub, m1, or singtel. then select 9900. then download the .exe.

then read here for instructions: Upgrading Operating System

No need to delete vendor files since its the official OS from your telco.

I think deleting vendor.xml will enable you to change SIM card without any problem. Good for those who travels alot and use different SIM card when overseas.

Iceman_2000

Reaction score
Hi need some help from experts here.. i'm going to upgrade my os to 7.1.0.342. Only thing is I've removed my camera prior, what do I need to do to disable or remove the camera app after reloading the OS?

july14

Reaction score
****! i did not delete the vendor file when upgrading with singtel's upgrade. tho i seldom travel but when i do, i usually will purchase local prepaid card. is there other way to make it work?

As long as you did not delete vendor.xml, whether you use local prepaid sim card or any card, you will face problem.

Deleting vendor.xml is just a few clicks on the pc. Why look for other soloution when you already have such a simple way to solve changing sim card problem.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as you did not delete vendor.xml, whether you use local prepaid sim card or any card, you will face problem.

Deleting vendor.xml is just a few clicks on the pc. Why look for other soloution when you already have such a simple way to solve changing sim card problem.

no la... is just why you no follow faq?? :s12:

freeridesam

Reaction score
"5. Delete the vendor.xml file.
It can be found in:
C:/ProgramFilesCommonFilesResearchInMotionApploader
OR
C:programFiles(*86)/CommonFilesResearchInMotionApploader

6. Delete the second vendor.xml file
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
OR
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML"

I have deleted the first vendor file but cant seem to find the second one. I'm running windows 7 and can't find the folder "Appdata" within my user folder.
Any help?

purpletaint

Reaction score
"5. Delete the vendor.xml file.
It can be found in:
C:/ProgramFilesCommonFilesResearchInMotionApploader
OR
C:programFiles(*86)/CommonFilesResearchInMotionApploader

6. Delete the second vendor.xml file
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
OR
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML"

I have deleted the first vendor file but cant seem to find the second one. I'm running windows 7 and can't find the folder "Appdata" within my user folder.
Any help?

Show hidden folders. Don't know how to show? Go google

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.