Null Audio Lune or the Arete cable??

racoiaw

Reaction score
I thought neutrik plug is one of the sturdiest plug available. I used the lune cable for quite a while before I sold it away and I didn't have any problem with it. But then again, I'm using the viablue plug, so can't really say much

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my tf10. Lune cable will bring down the bass?

If I want improvement in bass + retain the mid and highs of the tf10, can the arete do it?

Does arete comes with the nylon sleeving?

abcd_y

Reaction score
I thought neutrik plug is one of the sturdiest plug available. I used the lune cable for quite a while before I sold it away and I didn't have any problem with it. But then again, I'm using the viablue plug, so can't really say much

Heard viablue is more reliable though. The neutrik is sturdy but i think the coil inside may have given way. i planning to head down to null next wk to give it a check.

abcd_y

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my tf10. Lune cable will bring down the bass?

If I want improvement in bass + retain the mid and highs of the tf10, can the arete do it?

Does arete comes with the nylon sleeving?

Lune did bring down the bass slightly..

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Reaction score
Lune did bring down the bass slightly..

wah! everyone says TF10 has high bass. my bass not very strong on a my J3 (not to mention other players). i have to tweak the eq to find a spot i like. hoping the lune will bump my lows alot more and maintain or up the highs just a little

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
side track abit..

can the lune/arete cables fit perfectly on original non reshelled tf10?

i read that these cables cant fit perfectly as the 2 pins are longer and will be expose since the 2 pins cant fully insert into the tf10.

any 1 can confirm this??

athur126

Reaction score
side track abit..

can the lune/arete cables fit perfectly on original non reshelled tf10?

i read that these cables cant fit perfectly as the 2 pins are longer and will be expose since the 2 pins cant fully insert into the tf10.

any 1 can confirm this??

Mine does this. The connector doesn't fit flush so there's a little bit of pin exposed and it doesnt have that like plastic overhang that the stock cable has so the sockets are a bit exposed.

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does that come off easily?

and how issit compared to stock, excluding SQ wise,
comfortable?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thinking, shld i get a es2 or straight jump to arete?

after 1week+ usage of stock cable, the L shape plug got problem alr

athur126

Reaction score
does that come off easily?

and how issit compared to stock, excluding SQ wise,
comfortable?

Not unless I pull... It's way more comfortable and manageable. Sq.. I think the Mids and highs are better now. Bass a bit of bloat still.

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not unless I pull... It's way more comfortable and manageable. Sq.. I think the Mids and highs are better now. Bass a bit of bloat still.

i think the tf 10 bass is decent leh... rock solid and powerful clear and distinctive leh. not so much in quantity but imo not bad

athur126

Reaction score
i think the tf 10 bass is decent leh... rock solid and powerful clear and distinctive leh. not so much in quantity but imo not bad

It's quite good.. But after listening to my friends Merlin and EB I want a little more impact and slam. Those two bass very strong..

Hitsugaya87

Reaction score
EB is the king of bass! =) not to my liking though...
If really want bass maybe go for TWCU cable?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EB is the king of bass! =) not to my liking though...
If really want bass maybe go for TWCU cable?

Yup, agreed. Using the EB now, bass is damn solid. But the cable supplied was damn lousy. Probably sell away for people to reshell! Lol

anyway, es2, arete or lune? Which is better for tf10? To retain the high, bring the mid alittle forward and bass either can be better or remain? Changing cable simply because stock cable cmi

LiQuiFireX

Reaction score
Yup, agreed. Using the EB now, bass is damn solid. But the cable supplied was damn lousy. Probably sell away for people to reshell! Lol

anyway, es2, arete or lune? Which is better for tf10? To retain the high, bring the mid alittle forward and bass either can be better or remain? Changing cable simply because stock cable cmi

Es2, arête or SD. Got es2 cable and arête.

Es2 is improvement more on the durability an egronomical side. But must file the pins and stuff. Brings out the bass.

Arête retains the sound sig of the tf10 and enhances it. One of the best egronomics for a cable ive had so far. Nice and soft.

Silver Dragon I don't have cuz I got the 3 whiplash cables liaos. But my friend who owns it says it brings out the bass and treble. Not as egronomical as the two.

Will try swapping cables on my EBs soon!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.