NTU ppl lip lai! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmen

Master Member
Reaction score
If lan lan maybe have to sign on to eat.
lonestar 6 month no job very ke lian
I thought SCE programming very zai got a lot of people hire?

cleffa3000 first thing do is it find gf when go for job?

Last edited:

cleffa3000

Honorary Member
Reaction score

haha i just got $$ man yi liao

me this type NMNHNLM nobody want one

mistersatki_

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done their year 4 subjs for CPE already ?
taken CPE 406 , CPE 415 , CPE 428 liao

got any others to intro ?

twentytwoeighty

Reaction score
If you like to memorise things to the letter HP8006 is your friend. If not, don't bother taking it.

Bloody NTU ******* a lot of courses that like to test people memory capacity, memorization != understanding.

pekipom

Reaction score
like that boh chance

wah tbh NTU's variety of CCA's quite lousy... I look at the whole list, only thing I'm interested in is ODAC (and maybe animal lovers' society). I'll be going for one of the officer bearer positions to get more points and stay in hall. plus I get 7 points for >95mins travel time.

you think can cope boh? especially in a course like CBE. or should I join something less taxing like EarthLink? that's the problem with NTU point system... end up people will join certain CCA for the wrong reasons...

adam_liu84

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone done their year 4 subjs for CPE already ?
taken CPE 406 , CPE 415 , CPE 428 liao

got any others to intro ?

CPE406 : Not bad as a module to briefly intro AI and algorithm (discrete math)

CPE428: Like CPE409.... all SCE student heard easy, all go take this module

I will recommend CPE411, CPE412 & CPE432 if you interested in area of image and computer graphic.

But beware CPE412 course assignment is in my opinion (and my friends) the hardest assignment throughout the all SCE modules we took before. :s22:

lonestar86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

4 not 6. i wonder if situation will be different if i have FCH.

lonestar86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lan lan accept lower pay loh. tell them you 3CH so lower pay loh.:(

You are looking for govt or private job or anyhow whack?

govt job. i believe a lot of ppl are going for govt job.

i went for an interview last week. the job requires at least 2 yrs of experience but they actually shortlisted me (a fresh grad) for an interview. i'm kinda sure that i'll be rejected and they will hire someone with experience for the job.

like i said, not only i have to compete with other fresh grad, i also have to compete with those experienced lao jiao.

Last edited:

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
govt job. i believe a lot of ppl are going for govt job.

i went for an interview last week. the job requires at least 2 yrs of experience but they actually shortlisted me (a fresh grad) for an interview. i'm kinda sure that i'll be rejected and they will hire someone with experience for the job.

like i said, not only i have to compete with other fresh grad, i also have to compete with those experienced lao jiao.

hard truth guys, hard truth...

abduls85

Reaction score
Looks like it is gonna be tough to secure a job next time... :(:(:(

A piece of advice try to apply as early as possible for the jobs that you desire to get into and see 1st hand how the market conditions are. If you get the job then very good congrats. But if you don't then you will keep trying and later if you still don't get, you will realise that you expectations and strategy need to change in order to land the first job. For instance - i graduated last dec 2011 and started to apply very early as early as aug.
My ambition is to become a network engineer, i tried all the way until mid nov still no success then i realise my strategy need to change then i started to apply for system positions as well, which is the next best thing i like to do after networks. First time apply hit jackpot got job offer. Now after 4 months into the first job got other offers elsewhere and better still even network related. So for first job try ur best to get something you like to do and if you don't get try to apply something else related to your desired job. Gain the exp and later apply again.

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no experience, no job
but need to find job to get experience..

sibei toughh

abduls85

Reaction score
no experience, no job
but need to find job to get experience..

sibei toughh

Mostly those career fairs held in NTU have jobs that are mostly targeted and meant for fresh grads. So need not need to worry much and try your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.