The Official Xperia S thread

globalzorian

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got my Xperia S during launch day and am having a problem with it now. It seems like the other party on the line cannot hear me during calls. I can hear them perfectly though.

Putting the phone on speaker mode doesn't help either. The only way to get around this is to use the original earpeice which came with the phone. Is this a sign of a spoilt microphone?

Can someone be kind enough to let me know where i can send my phone for servicing and whether they do the servicing/testing on the spot. Thanks.

Please don't tell me that this is another inherent issue of the already-troubled XS design.

From an engineering point of view, the microphone is located inside the bottom block which is separated from the top by that transparent stripe. The thin layer of electrical/electronic connections sandwiched in-between inside stripe could be another imminent disaster?

:eek:

Maybe it's not. I'm just being pessimistic and exaggerating it too much.

:D

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't tell me that this is another inherent issue of the already-troubled XS design.

From an engineering point of view, the microphone is located inside the bottom block which is separated from the top by that transparent stripe. The thin layer of electrical/electronic connections sandwiched in-between inside stripe could be another imminent disaster?

:eek:

Maybe it's not. I'm just being pessimistic and exaggerating it too much.

:D

No major problem with my set.

Yes, you are getting pessimistic. Have some tea & relax. :D

globalzorian

Reaction score
No major problem with my set.

Yes, you are getting pessimistic. Have some tea & relax. :D

Isn't it more exciting to use a gadget that is so mysterious and full of unexpected issues that could surprise you every now and then rather than using some idiot-proof problem-free follow-the-crowd National iconic phone of Singapore?

:s13: :s22:

OK, where is my tea? :D

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't it more exciting to use a gadget that is so mysterious and full of unexpected issues that could surprise you every now and then rather than using some idiot-proof problem-free follow-the-crowd National iconic phone of Singapore?

:s13: :s22:

OK, where is my tea? :D

The national phone is not really idiot-proof after I got used to android. I really hate trying to use it when I really dont know. :s13:

Aside from that, I dont really think android phones should be full of problems until I go to customize, root it, unlock bootloader & install all sorts of roms, apps & functions to my liking. Somehow, all gadgets get some problems now & then. But we got service center to solve the issue. Until service center cannot solve our problem, then I will make some noise.

Here, tea for you. :D

Tea Cups
; ; ; ; ; ;
c("""") c("""")
"""" """"

PongRareRare

Reaction score
do u guys have youtube problem?

when i tried to fast forward a video there, it will hang and crash the whole youtube out. but the video sound is still going. means the video is not stopped yet. but the whole of youtube apps already crash out to main page. i use task manager to end all. oso doest work. had to reboot phone to stop it.

I have this problem..

yxyxx8

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the fruity phone is full of FC for many apps also.

still considering switching to this or one x...or GN, or S3~ =(

My $50 voucher for this phone expire today, should i just go for this (been hanging on to the buy cuz it's not ICS, yet, plus do not know if June's really ICS release for this)

globalzorian

Reaction score
The national phone is not really idiot-proof after I got used to android. I really hate trying to use it when I really dont know. :s13:

Aside from that, I dont really think android phones should be full of problems until I go to customize, root it, unlock bootloader & install all sorts of roms, apps & functions to my liking. Somehow, all gadgets get some problems now & then. But we got service center to solve the issue. Until service center cannot solve our problem, then I will make some noise.

Here, tea for you. :D

Tea Cups
; ; ; ; ; ;
c("""") c("""")
"""" """"

Thanks for the tea! CHEERS! :flash:

Yes, in fact, it's true that all the gadgets have their own problems in their own different ways. I'm waiting for SONY to catch up in their LCD supply to meet the demand so that I could get another replacement with a much shorter waiting time. I wonder how soon it could happen, a month later or so? Nobody knows for sure.

:s8:

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, in fact, it's true that all the gadgets have their own problems in their own different ways. I'm waiting for SONY to catch up in their LCD supply to meet the demand so that I could get another replacement with a much shorter waiting time. I wonder how soon it could happen, a month later or so? Nobody knows for sure.

You are getting it replaced again?

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
now I am just waiting for them to call me for the screen. Apart from the screen I am in love with Xperia S. In terms of speed and design. The screen resolution is just be-auti-ful. :eek:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No problem. :D

I think at least now its sony by itself so the lcd supply problem should be solved faster, give it a few weeks to a month. Maybe if you got cracked cover then you will get priority case like somebody here. :s13:

Good luck.

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now I am just waiting for them to call me for the screen. Apart from the screen I am in love with Xperia S. In terms of speed and design. The screen resolution is just be-auti-ful. :eek:

It's lovely, isnt it? It's making my friends thinking about switching (from 4s) each time they see my phone, and a few already did :o

No problem. :D

I think at least now its sony by itself so the lcd supply problem should be solved faster, give it a few weeks to a month. Maybe if you got cracked cover then you will get priority case like somebody here. :s13:

Good luck.

Hey rss, have you experienced force close when playing games or app?

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's lovely, isnt it? It's making my friends thinking about switching (from 4s) each time they see my phone, and a few already did :o

Hey rss, have you experienced force close when playing games or app?

Yes, happened a few of times when playing games/apps that requires network or when data/wifi is on.

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where is the draft folder?
i cant save a text as draft, can anyone help?

Last edited:

kiroro1986

Banned
Reaction score
Worse i've had was my youtube going on a crashing spree... Crash liao, force close, start again, try to view video, crash. Solved by doing a reboot. Though very seldom dose happen. Oso not too sure what caused it.

tio before..

had to restart phone as well..

:s22:

nv happen to my arc before. can fast forward smoothly.

this one the moment i fast forward it will crash can go off. but the sound still there..

die die must reboot :s22::s22:

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nv happen to my arc before. can fast forward smoothly.

this one the moment i fast forward it will crash can go off. but the sound still there..

die die must reboot :s22::s22:

I just tried fast forwarding on a few videos and no crashes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.