Difference in Big 4 and small audit firm - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

weicong

Reaction score
Difference in Big 4 and small audit firm

Anyone got experience in big 4 or small audit firm to share?

First of all, does big 4 employs poly dip holders in accounting?

And can anyone tell me the difference in the average working hours. I know big4 average working hours are longer but how much longer? And how does the time off works? How to claim and in wat situation then can claim time-off? Please help.....

Thanks

Gaara1989

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just finished my interview at pwc. The interviewer say im among the 1st few to be interviewed. Result will let me know by end of this month. Gt take so long to know result 1? Maybe i flunked e interview :(

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just finished my interview at pwc. The interviewer say im among the 1st few to be interviewed. Result will let me know by end of this month. Gt take so long to know result 1? Maybe i flunked e interview :(
in the meantime, apply to other big 4 lor...

Anyway, offpeak is coming, so they don't really need new manpower at this time.

Gaara1989

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on e contrary. i think they will need more ppl. off peak then got time to train ppl for peak period mah. peak period new ppl come in, how to train =:p

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on e contrary. i think they will need more ppl. off peak then got time to train ppl for peak period mah. peak period new ppl come in, how to train =:p
ya. so they bring people in just before it get busy lor.... somewhere around Sept.
No point bringing in people and paying them a couple of months salary for them to sit around in office, having tea break right?

Gaara1989

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. If I got selected, it will start in sept. 1 week after I ord. Lol

DDDDDDDD

Reaction score
desperate adhoc recruitment.... 1 day already got reply... (for senior level la)

adhoc hire.. I believe they usually will get back within a week

hmm, hey thanks for the reply. oh its an ad-hoc hire? well i guess as a fresh grad chances are slim them. However, after the past few email conversations, HR told me that they are still in the midst of deciding and she will let me know on my outcome.

I was thinking, if they wanted to reject me, they would have already told me right? haha. i guess its just my wishful thinking.

Or should i wait till next week and call the HR?

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm, hey thanks for the reply. oh its an ad-hoc hire? well i guess as a fresh grad chances are slim them. However, after the past few email conversations, HR told me that they are still in the midst of deciding and she will let me know on my outcome.

I was thinking, if they wanted to reject me, they would have already told me right? haha. i guess its just my wishful thinking.

Or should i wait till next week and call the HR?
you should continue looking as well as check back

most likely they are still considering if they have hired enough that's all

DDDDDDDD

Reaction score
you should continue looking as well as check back

most likely they are still considering if they have hired enough that's all

hmm, okay thanks alot! well the rest of the big4 no reply + pwc already closed their graduate recruitment :(. even no replies from the medium tier firms.

maybe i shall drop her a call within this few days..

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya. so they bring people in just before it get busy lor.... somewhere around Sept.
No point bringing in people and paying them a couple of months salary for them to sit around in office, having tea break right?

I think the so called "intake" is around August-October. Cuz my fren going in on August and will start the training.

Raider04

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if CPA Australia is better than CPA singapore? tks

If you are planning to work in Australia, of course CPA Australia will be better than CPA Singapore. But then again, you can always get CPA Australia first then apply for CPA Singapore. There is a mutual recognition agreement between these 2 bodies.

geoniru

Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone know the topic for the writing test at Deloitte? Or what is it gonna be about,.. any tips, etc..

Thanks!

D4ncer

Reaction score
If you are planning to work in Australia, of course CPA Australia will be better than CPA Singapore. But then again, you can always get CPA Australia first then apply for CPA Singapore. There is a mutual recognition agreement between these 2 bodies.

Wooo, so basically if ure working in singapore, it doesnt really matter ? but then again if ure holding the title for both, the membership fees is gonna be taxing. haha

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wooo, so basically if ure working in singapore, it doesnt really matter ? but then again if ure holding the title for both, the membership fees is gonna be taxing. haha
well.. supposedly CPA Australia has a bigger brand name than ICPAS.

so depends on what you want

kitty1985

Reaction score
hi there, can anyone let me know usually hows the working environment in small audit firm.. probably those "& co" firms...
is it lots of OT too? or usually its a good environment tht could going off on time?
any good recommendation? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.