Clementi Ridges - Discussion here!

Limestone

Reaction score
Pertaining to clementi ridges 4-room,
With the same price and similiar north/north east facing, why would people choose Units from the 185 stack rather than 175 stack?
- difference in layout? (household shelter in kitchen is better?)
- the common corridor faces the service yard for 185, i think it's a compromise on privacy? no?
- and it's nearer to the busy clementi ave 6 ...

Anyway as for OCS, i think timber doors for toilets are not practical.....? it eats up the space in the toilet and timber is not water-resistant.... Would rather go for bi-fold doors, costs much cheaper too!

I can think of a few reasons:
- 175's service yard only gets the morning sun,and no evening sun, harder to dry clothes.

- 185 unit is nearer to the carpark.

- inversely, 175's service yard may be open to view from Trivelis.

just thoughts off my head.

jotsh.

Reaction score
I can think of a few reasons:
- 175's service yard only gets the morning sun,and no evening sun, harder to dry clothes.

- 185 unit is nearer to the carpark.

- inversely, 175's service yard may be open to view from Trivelis.

just thoughts off my head.

Hmmm valid point on the proximity to carpark and sun... but usually clothes would be hang out to dry in the day? haha..

level of noise from ave 6 is the deeper issue, the 'L' shape void where the service yard of 185 is facing, will create an noise echo-ing effect and service yards are usually left opened..

Hmm anyway, are u gg for 4 or 5 rm? :)

Limestone

Reaction score
Hmmm valid point on the proximity to carpark and sun... but usually clothes would be hang out to dry in the day? haha..

level of noise from ave 6 is the deeper issue, the 'L' shape void where the service yard of 185 is facing, will create an noise echo-ing effect and service yards are usually left opened..

Hmm anyway, are u gg for 4 or 5 rm? :)

yes, you got a point for the L-box space.. i belong to the 5 room group. =)

jotsh.

Reaction score
thanks! all the best for your selection. Did ours yesterday :)
reason why it's taking so long it's because some applicants are still undecided on their unit choice when they were at HDB..... hahaah

reddevil82

Reaction score
thanks! all the best for your selection. Did ours yesterday :)
reason why it's taking so long it's because some applicants are still undecided on their unit choice when they were at HDB..... hahaah

how is the selection like ah? when it is yr appt time, u need to tell them the unit number already or they will wait wait wait until you happy with your questions and answers and finally make selection before going on to next number? each q number no time limit?

jotsh.

Reaction score
how is the selection like ah? when it is yr appt time, u need to tell them the unit number already or they will wait wait wait until you happy with your questions and answers and finally make selection before going on to next number? each q number no time limit?

It's pretty systematic & straightforward; they will serve approx 2 - 3 numbers at a go. After producing your relevant personal documents, u can make make your selection. It depends whether those before your queue number have made their selection.. gotta wait till they make theirs before you can choose.. and of cos all the neccessary signing of documents..

reddevil82

Reaction score
It's pretty systematic & straightforward; they will serve approx 2 - 3 numbers at a go. After producing your relevant personal documents, u can make make your selection. It depends whether those before your queue number have made their selection.. gotta wait till they make theirs before you can choose.. and of cos all the neccessary signing of documents..

wow, so if u have one couple dilly dally then u can wait for quite a while... anyway congrats la, this is better than striking lottery i suppose... balloting nowadays so difficult.

so did u choose OCS in the end?

jotsh.

Reaction score
wow, so if u have one couple dilly dally then u can wait for quite a while... anyway congrats la, this is better than striking lottery i suppose... balloting nowadays so difficult.

so did u choose OCS in the end?

Thanks! haah, our prices compared with trevilis ain't veryyy much cheaper and clementi's prices are rocket high at the moment.
Anyway, we opted for flooring but not for the doors..

seet3583

Reaction score
mine selection date on the 12th May ... any idea if i shld apply for the HLE first before going down for selection.. or will that be done on selection date?

thanks

reddevil82

Reaction score
mine selection date on the 12th May ... any idea if i shld apply for the HLE first before going down for selection.. or will that be done on selection date?

thanks

if i'm not wrong, HLE still have time to be done after selection, because it only last 3 months... and from the time u select to the time u go and pay, it is abt 3 months, so i'd rather do HLE after selection...

seet3583

Reaction score
if i'm not wrong, HLE still have time to be done after selection, because it only last 3 months... and from the time u select to the time u go and pay, it is abt 3 months, so i'd rather do HLE after selection...

so meaning after paying option fee of 2k liao then do HLE, before we go for the 2nd appointment to pay the first downpayment?

haha cos some say before... some say after.. some say i will lose the 2k option fee if HLE is not out etc etc..

reddevil82

Reaction score
so meaning after paying option fee of 2k liao then do HLE, before we go for the 2nd appointment to pay the first downpayment?

haha cos some say before... some say after.. some say i will lose the 2k option fee if HLE is not out etc etc..

yep it has to be ready by the time u make 1st downpayment, so when u go down for selection, pay the 2K option fee, then apply HLE, is the best time...

No la, u wun lose 2K option fee unless u reject the house...

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
HDB OCS way overpriced. Flooring for 4 RM is $4800 now. 1000 sqft less off 2 bathroom, Kitchen and Service Yard and Bombshelft, left with about 700 to 750 sq ft. If doing flooring on your own with Renovation ID or contractor, using $3 / 1 sqft tiles, will cost only about $2100 to $2250. HDB is using those $3 tiles only.

2 Bathrooms, Kitchen, Service Yard and Bomb Shelter, flooring given.
So OCS flooring covers 3 Bedrooms, Dining and Living, plus the walkway only.

Likewise, 5 internal doors costing $2830 is super overpriced at $566 per door. $200 - $300 already can get very very good quality doors on our own.

The only advantage of getting OCS is, able to use CPF to pay, vs Cash or Reno Loan for the flooring / doors to be done during Renovation.

nba_1333

Reaction score
I have a query.

My q no is 6x and my selection date is this sun morning.

Why do more people choose 189 instead of 165 for those who prefers units that face the pandan reservoir?
Since 165 is nearer to the MRT, the distance of 189 and 165 to the mrt track is around the same and 189 being nearer to the ever busy ave 6, wont 165 be more attractive than 189??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.