Best Credit Card for Tax/IRAS Payment

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
So what other cards have got rebates currently?

I saw this ANZ tax payment facility - seems that they charge 0.7% facility fee, but the vouchers look quite attractive.

EDIT: seems that they are doing this on a monthly instalment basis?

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
So what other cards have got rebates currently?

I saw this ANZ tax payment facility - seems that they charge 0.7% facility fee, but the vouchers look quite attractive.

EDIT: seems that they are doing this on a monthly instalment basis?

they r waiving off d 0.7% fee now. n yes it's mtly installment fr may12 - apr13. d tax payment also earns reward pts. at least, dat's wat i received fr their mailer.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they r waiving off d 0.7% fee now. n yes it's mtly installment fr may12 - apr13. d tax payment also earns reward pts. at least, dat's wat i received fr their mailer.
You have to spend certain amount for the year in order to receive the rebate:

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/taxpayment.html

iras_img_table.png

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ANZ is quite pathetic.

You can already pay by monthly GIRO installments to IRAS.

Why would anyone use ANZ's installments and be hit with a minimum spending that gives only about 1% in vouchers?

if u talking about 1% is not bad, some card even worse than 1% in term of benefit.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ANZ is quite pathetic.

You can already pay by monthly GIRO installments to IRAS.

Why would anyone use ANZ's installments and be hit with a minimum spending that gives only about 1% in vouchers?
Agree with you bro - and they dont have double rewards point or something similar.

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
So currently, there is no credit card that allows paying of IRAS bills huh?

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so to sum up, besides the ANZ promo, there is no other CC that gives benefits in paying iras bills with?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember last time HSBC have similar promo, but not worth it if I remember correctly.

Gone are the good days.

But then our pattern changed and banks will crack their head on how to win customer back in using their service :D

I will pay using either Giro or AXS (my old method).

Yurikaze

Reaction score
I remember last time HSBC have similar promo, but not worth it if I remember correctly.

Gone are the good days.

But then our pattern changed and banks will crack their head on how to win customer back in using their service :D

I will pay using either Giro or AXS (my old method).

What method? Share share leh.. PM if inconvenient.. :)

stuckintinysg

Reaction score
That's too bad. We got the SCB credit card last year for the sole purposes for paying our taxes and getting lots of point for it.
This year's tax bill is even higher (6 digits) which would have mean lots of points to convert
to miles as we fly Biz class almost exclusively :(
Guess have to bite the bullet and pay through our HSBC cards and pay the processing fees.

I am not going down without a fight :s22:

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so how did u guys pay your income tax this year?

i was thinking of paying it through SCB Xtrasaver.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. We got the SCB credit card last year for the sole purposes for paying our taxes and getting lots of point for it.
This year's tax bill is even higher (6 digits) which would have mean lots of points to convert
Guess have to bite the bullet and pay through our HSBC cards and pay the processing fees.

6 digit tax amount wow.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

6 digit tax is impressive - well done Sir! :)

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

combined tax bill? Didnt know researcher can earn so much unless you are earning royalties.

stuckintinysg

Reaction score
Nope..not combined - only his.
And woh - Chopra checked me out?? How did you know I'm a researcher?

No other way for paying taxes and earning something in return???

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.