Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

cliffordc

Reaction score
Use Borderlinx at your own risk. My own experience - Live Chat person polite but hapless. So far, ALL emails receive one and only one reply - the automated one. Delivered items are updated erratically. The reported weights that you are charged are more than 200% above the actual weight. And Missing items! Don't take my word for it ... check out their own Facebook page, others have reported the same problems as me - just that I am unlucky and experience it all!

I have used vPost which I find much better compared to BL - they reply their emails, packages that are delivered are updated within 12 hours. Overall, not terribly fast but vPost is steady, and honest!

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh look, we've been infiltrated by SingPost staff. 3 identical posts, bashing BL and promoting Vpost.

Read the other posts. Vpost has been terrible, and *everyone* says to avoid them. You've been warned. Of all the services I've used, I like BL the best - their only downside is the requirement of a Citibank CC. Their live chat has always been helpful, and even gave me a small discount once to push my carriage price down so I wouldn't incur GST. BL's chat staff are knowledgeable and empowered - I can't say the same for CGW however.

cliffordc

saggydog

Reaction score
Thanks for the info just ordered my LEGO from US online store shipped to my hopshopgo hope the discount can help ...very big box

Dam LEGO online store have cancelled my order ...dont when did they changed the policy...they have stopped any shipping to 3party shipping company due to too much complaints about A/C fraud shipment to these address ..anyone have encountered this b4 any other suggestions ?

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
Where there warehouse located? Plz do post feedback abt them. Might tried them next time

I am keeping my fingers crossed. my items is in their warehouse in FL. So far notification on my items arrival to their warehouse is quite prompt, i am waiting to ship all my items at one go to enjoy one of their promotion on the 10th.
will post my experience via them here, good or bad, since i try try with not so expensive stuff, will reserve my comments first only until i receive my goods ! :s13:

Piority TAG? They are in Sarasota, Florida. Do they have sales tax?? Scared of incurring sales tax.
Bro do give a feed back once you got ur items.

I tried to claim back but borderlinx was not very responsive for claims.... so I gave up after 3 weeks since it was only about 30+ dollars...too much hassle for me.... .... but now i am using vpost more... but I agree with you that their delivery from US to singapore using DHL Express is really fast ! :s12:
I Claimed from CGW recently, end up i still lose out abit due to the fuel surcharge not claimable and they wanted to give me CGW voucher for the price of the item but I insisted on a Cheque. So they just sent me a registered mail for the Cheque.
Overall, item+shipping was 92bucks, I got back like 83 bucks after the fuel surcharge+currency exchange loss.
Suay~ metal pole also can break. :(

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone paid GST for your purchase b4?

the speakers I'm getting including shipping in US is US$400 so is ard S$500
GST will be S$35?
anyway I prepare to pay to save the trouble of repacking or watever :D

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dam LEGO online store have cancelled my order ...dont when did they changed the policy...they have stopped any shipping to 3party shipping company due to too much complaints about A/C fraud shipment to these address ..anyone have encountered this b4 any other suggestions ?

CGW has an 'order for me' service; so does Borderlinx. You can try using that.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone paid GST for your purchase b4?

the speakers I'm getting including shipping in US is US$400 so is ard S$500
GST will be S$35?
anyway I prepare to pay to save the trouble of repacking or watever :D

CGW and BL will build GST into the price that you pay them automatically.

You're prepared to go without re-packing? Cross your fingers and hope you don't encounter one of these more outstanding pack jobs - don't forget, they charge the higher of actual or volumetric weight. The larger the package, the more you pay to get it shipped.

2.4 Ounces Of Paint Thinner Came In 10-Gallon Boxes
Amazon Sends Medium-Sized Box Of Air, Includes Free Watch Batteries
Amazon Gave These Ski Poles Room To Breathe
It's Not The Size Of The SD Card That Matters, But The Size Of The Package
Ponderables: Why Must Amazon Ship Air All Over The United States of America?
Amazon Ships "Ready To Ship" Box... Inside Another Box
Amazon Ships 8 Plates In 13 Boxes
Boy, This Tiny Microfiber Cloth From Amazon Sure Is Packaged Efficiently
Amazon: Let's Ship The Flat Wrist Rest In A Giant Box

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the mirage nanosat prestige5 speakers are all in one box from mirage.
Are they gona put into another bigger box?
amazon said ..... Shipping Weight: 17 pounds
will the final weight become 20 pounds or more?

the payment to CGW or BL shipping will include the GST?

anyway even if the shipping weight becomes 20pounds & plus GST.. total cost should be ard S$680... half the SG local price :s8::D

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the mirage nanosat prestige5 speakers are all in one box from mirage.
Are they gona put into another bigger box?
amazon said ..... Shipping Weight: 17 pounds
will the final weight become 20 pounds or more?

the payment to CGW or BL shipping will include the GST?

anyway even if the shipping weight becomes 20pounds & plus GST.. total cost should be ard S$680... half the SG local price :s8::D

Amazon's shipping weight is usually the actual weight, so be prepared for a different volumetric weight, which is typically what you will be charged (the higher of the 2). And GST is paid for the total cost, including freight and insurance.

saggydog

Reaction score
CGW has an 'order for me' service; so does Borderlinx. You can try using that.
Thanks for the info i find their services is not cheap and the order i place is on 20% discount limited time dont they able to meet this requirements

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info i find their services is not cheap and the order i place is on 20% discount limited time dont they able to meet this requirements

Actually it doesn't matter. If the merchant refuses to deliver your order to the 3 better known forwarders, there's pretty much nothing the customer can do, even using a concierge service will not suffice.

A good example is Best Buy. They have since decided that their products are strictly for internal consumption only; not to be exported out of the US.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh look, we've been infiltrated by SingPost staff. 3 identical posts, bashing BL and promoting Vpost.

Read the other posts. Vpost has been terrible, and *everyone* says to avoid them. You've been warned. Of all the services I've used, I like BL the best - their only downside is the requirement of a Citibank CC. Their live chat has always been helpful, and even gave me a small discount once to push my carriage price down so I wouldn't incur GST. BL's chat staff are knowledgeable and empowered - I can't say the same for CGW however.

cliffordc

Very observant. I gave up vpost long time ago, due to the hassle of waiting for them to identify your package and then putting it into your account, matching invoices etc. With Borderlinx, it is less hassle and more speed. As for CGW, I have claimed for lose of package before, but I was lucky I bought insurance for the items. With Borderlinx, insurance is included thought vpost/CGW is in Oregon, thus tax-free

And yes, Borderlinx CSO cannot make it and they don't give out discount like vpost or CGW. Ultimately, all comes down to individual preference.

Uttam_786

Reaction score
Borderlinx is the best

Borderlinx -DHL for both standard and express
Comgateway - Private Courier for standard, DHL for express
Vpost - Singpost - Ship out on every friday only
it is not best or worst thing , there is one common market is USA and other is UK/JAPAN/China from where can buy thing.
That too for reasonable shipping charges
reliable 3rd party.

Uttam_786

Reaction score
it is not best or worst thing , there is one common market is USA and other is UK/JAPAN/China from where can buy thing.
reliable 3rd party.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
reliable 3rd party.

Don't even bother with the express DHL for borderlinx as the delivery time is the same and the route they take from US to SG is the same. Have not tried CGW as I thought they also use DHL for both standard and express. And it bugs me very much that vpost ship out only on Fridays.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow.
cgw actually quite fast
jus received it this afternoon

paid on friday 13.
those who are curios about cgw can see their tracking speed
401717_10150747473964659_553469658_9308386_371835589_n.jpg
Is this express or standard?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that was fast sglords....my vpost shipment paid on 4th may and shipped out..last notification is :

Status : *Estimated arrival in S’pore Airport Processing Ctr (08/05/2012)

and then no more news ady.... :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.