Best Credit Card for Tax/IRAS Payment

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
combined tax bill? Didnt know researcher can earn so much unless you are earning royalties.

that all depends on where he is doing his research no? I'm guessing a financial institution will pay more handsomely than say an educational institution

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PWC informed us already based on their calculations.
So bracing ourselves for the big bill :)

u should have paid before scb write it off.
alot of ppl have done it, actually i already got my tax refund too.

cos i call up and they do the tax calculation, been out for 2weeks+

stuckintinysg

Reaction score
We only got our calculations on 8th May from PWC, so way too late after the cut off from SCB (18th March).
We paid our last years tax the same time in May in full when we got the notice.
Plus with his taxes, it is way too complicated which is why we have PWC to do it for us.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We only got our calculations on 8th May from PWC, so way too late after the cut off from SCB (18th March).
We paid our last years tax the same time in May in full when we got the notice.
Plus with his taxes, it is way too complicated which is why we have PWC to do it for us.

what other ppl r doing is putting amount in excess of tax value too. if u get this point, which mean to say u can put infinite amount in provide they dont fault the user.

so for ur case, u could always pay x or y or z amount first.

stuckintinysg

Reaction score
what other ppl r doing is putting amount in excess of tax value too. if u get this point, which mean to say u can put infinite amount in provide they dont fault the user.

so for ur case, u could always pay x or y or z amount first.

Ah I see...now i understand. Thanks Naruto for explaining :)
Anyway too late.....
though you wouldn't pay a high tax bill ahead of time right??
Would u? Hmm.....

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah I see...now i understand. Thanks Naruto for explaining :)
Anyway too late.....
though you wouldn't pay a high tax bill ahead of time right??
Would u? Hmm.....

i bet the reason scb pull the plug for online bill payment is because there are ppl doing big amount and being detected. so the initial one was IRAS which was pull off the system before the whole payment list under scb ibank was removed too.

that is what ppl call earning the rebate from the cards without requiring any effort which is what this thread is about on the latter stage.

drinkcokenow

Reaction score
Stuckintinysg's husband is an expat. Has to be banker? Because if you are a business owner, normally you would channel the money back into your business and probably avoid a lot of tax. Would love to learn more if you don't mind. We are all looking forward to earning more money like your hubby :)

A 6 figure income tax would mean a salary of at least 5 million a yr?

IRAS: Income tax rates

Does'nt really make sense to spend some much time pondering on which card to use for to pay the income tax? In terms of time/effort.

Anyway, i found out that DBS ibanking you can pay IRAS as well. So that would at least give you a 0.3% cashback at a cap of 400 dollars a month. According to them this is not considered as fund transfer. But don't quote me on that. You can pay many other things in there too, much might potentially earn you your cashback. I hope that this payment qualify as a cashback.

Last edited:

kokchoong

Reaction score
A 6 figure income tax would mean a salary of at least 5 million a yr?

IRAS: Income tax rates

Er... that is not right...
lowest 6 figure income tax is $100,000.

Based on IRAS link, chargeable income to have a $100,000 tax bill is:-

$320,000 + [(100,000 - 42,350)/0.2] = 320,000 + 288,250 = $608,250

So any person with chargeable income of $608,250 and above will have a 6 figure income tax bill.

drinkcokenow

Reaction score
Er... that is not right...
lowest 6 figure income tax is $100,000.

Based on IRAS link, chargeable income to have a $100,000 tax bill is:-

$320,000 + [(100,000 - 42,350)/0.2] = 320,000 + 288,250 = $608,250

So any person with chargeable income of $608,250 and above will have a 6 figure income tax bill.

opps yes yes.

Apologies :) i just got so excited when i see 6 digit, thought about 6 trailing zeros...

stuckintinysg

Reaction score
haha...i do wish is 6 trailing zeros!!!
And no comments, but I like how you guys function trying to guess my hubby's income :p

No, not really interested in cashback, rather than credit card points for miles :) as we travel alot, just want to make full use and claim something back from paying all those taxes.

We are just careful with money (at least me, I'm stingy and don't usually splurge on anything except for travelling). You may mistake me for a pauper on the street!! haha, coz I wont have a single branded item on me and I drive a old doggie mobile.......

Guess we are quietly comfortable and but from being rich....

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
POSB cards by AXS?
Cos I heard SCB Manhattan card cannot get rebate if pay by online banking, can anyone confirm? :(

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
POSB cards by AXS?
Cos I heard SCB Manhattan card cannot get rebate if pay by online banking, can anyone confirm? :(

online banking refer to scb ibank? if yes, cant.

if nope, other online will work.

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So I guess the only way to get rebates is to use POSB's 0.3% cash back at AXS?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.