Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
my processor is dual core E5300 2.6ghz
2gb ram
230w real power with max 450w (magnum 250 psu)
graphic card length cant be increased but width can be due to limited casing size.

Looking to play games such as dota 2, counterstrike, team fortress 2. (not really high end cards).

And suggestions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

X550 is really ancient,i was also using x300 last year. Eh firstly,i think low profile cards more suitable for you.

For decent performance low profile cards and taking into consideration the games you play dun need much requirement too. Probably hd6670,got gigabyte,xfx,powercolor and etc. Ard $120 at Tradepac

Deionize

Reaction score
X550 is really ancient,i was also using x300 last year. Eh firstly,i think low profile cards more suitable for you.

For decent performance low profile cards and taking into consideration the games you play dun need much requirement too. Probably hd6670,got gigabyte,xfx,powercolor and etc. Ard $120 at Tradepac

thanks for the reply. I was wondering whether other cards such as GT440 would be equally good too. And will be the power supply the cards need be too much for my psu? (230w)

Edit: I just bought a new psu 500w and the hd6670 u recommended for around 200bucks for both. It works freakin well. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

gardiboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey all..i have a 6850 with a 565W PSU.

What's my next recommended GFX card, with my 565W PSU?

robbedzombie

Banned
Reaction score
hey guys mind clarifying me.
whats the fastest card i can use with an i5 3450 that wont bottleneck the cpu without oc-ing the cpu ?

weiming55

Reaction score
Does anyone know nvidia GeForce 7800 GT better or nvidia GeForce GT 530?

Which ones more suitable for gaming?

Your help is much appreciate.

Thank you

FraggleRoc

Reaction score
hello

hello currently surviving with integrated h400 graphics on my 3570k. It is doing ok for me for my light gaming - some LoL, diablo3.

just curious if there will be any new graphics technology (similar to thunderbolt n stuff) coming out in the near horizon... like end of this year or early 2013? (i know the kepler juz out hor) or should i just hoot a graphics card now? my budget less than $300, cheaper better though, or cheapest u can find... psu is 750w

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
hello currently surviving with integrated h400 graphics on my 3570k. It is doing ok for me for my light gaming - some LoL, diablo3.

just curious if there will be any new graphics technology (similar to thunderbolt n stuff) coming out in the near horizon... like end of this year or early 2013? (i know the kepler juz out hor) or should i just hoot a graphics card now? my budget less than $300, cheaper better though, or cheapest u can find... psu is 750w

Thunderbolt isn't just a graphic technology. Its more towards a USB tech in layman's terms. You can get your graphics upgrade anytime you want as and when you need it. Best bet would be Palit GTX560ti sonic right now @ $299.

FraggleRoc

Reaction score
oic ty! yep i know the thunderbolt is like data xfer ba, but no similar graphics advances hor? (like 3d graphics card or something... hehe)

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oic ty! yep i know the thunderbolt is like data xfer ba, but no similar graphics advances hor? (like 3d graphics card or something... hehe)
Erm, latest gen and previous gen nvidia and amd cards are already 3D graphics-enabled wad (nvidia's 3d vision and amd hd3d). Only requirement is to plug the graphics cards into 3D-supported monitors/TV and you can use 3D liao lor.

FraggleRoc

Reaction score
Erm, latest gen and previous gen nvidia and amd cards are already 3D graphics-enabled wad (nvidia's 3d vision and amd hd3d). Only requirement is to plug the graphics cards into 3D-supported monitors/TV and you can use 3D liao lor.

ic thanks! other than 3d being the latest in-thing... no new tech coming soon in terms of graphics hor?

hunter129

Reaction score
Using a AMD HD 6850, got it for < $200.

Bang-for-the-buck card with single PCI-E x 6 power slot needed (less 75W), performance is quite good for the price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.