Difference in Big 4 and small audit firm - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendlyguy

Master Member
Reaction score
me?

Last yr completed ACCA exams in June, prior to ACCA I already have a Degree in Info Systems (UOL)..

experience? --> all non-accounting related..

since last year graduated from ACCA examinations waited for Big 4.. den in the end no reply, so this year onwards start taking temp jobs to feed myself.. LOL

I rem someone mentioned age is a matter..i think i kena the age problem --> i am 29 this year liao. :(

29 y.o apply to audit associate or senior associate?
if AA, you still want to pursue 2.5k/mth salary?
better go sales, the rewards are higher

DDDDDDDD

Reaction score
persevere and keep sending! you will never know :s13:. any accepting my offer, pwc came and ask me to go for an interview, but i rejected it cuz the job is not what i'm looking for.

Hymnody

Reaction score
me?

Last yr completed ACCA exams in June, prior to ACCA I already have a Degree in Info Systems (UOL)..

since last year graduated from ACCA examinations waited for Big 4.. den in the end no reply, so this year onwards start taking temp jobs to feed myself.. LOL

I rem someone mentioned age is a matter..i think i kena the age problem --> i am 29 this year liao. :(

you finished your UOL BSc ISM at 25/26 and then continue ACCA the next 2.5 years ? Did you do your ACCA part time or what.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
persevere and keep sending! you will never know :s13:. any accepting my offer, pwc came and ask me to go for an interview, but i rejected it cuz the job is not what i'm looking for.
it's because u signed with kp already what.

milkcup

Reaction score
Associate 1/G2: $2,700 (for graduates)
Associate 2/G1: $3,100 and above (depending on your performance rating)
Senior 1: $4,000 and above (depending on your performance rating)

KPMG, add $200 to $300 (and less 1-day unpaid leave)

Such a big jump between A2 (yr2) and S1 (yr3)???

sammi_edith

Reaction score
29 y.o apply to audit associate or senior associate?
if AA, you still want to pursue 2.5k/mth salary?
better go sales, the rewards are higher

sales is not my cut.. still wanna try out auditing.. i am applying for audit associate 2.5k/mth i seriously dun mind if its big4... :)

sammi_edith

Reaction score
you finished your UOL BSc ISM at 25/26 and then continue ACCA the next 2.5 years ? Did you do your ACCA part time or what.

:)
i finished my UOL BSc at 22/23 den i went work as some admin for 2 yrs before i took up ACCA..

i did my ACCA as part time while on-and-off will work abit to earn a living :s13:

yah completed ACCA in 2.5yrs for 13papers.. my grades are just normal~~

DeadPeople

Reaction score
i finished my UOL BSc at 22/23 den i went work as some admin for 2 yrs before i took up ACCA..

i did my ACCA as part time while on-and-off will work abit to earn a living :s13:

am i correct to say you are studying full time but holding a part time job (on and off work)?

I guess big4 intake for this year is full.Anyway, based on the hiring trend of my dept, people who joined at late 20s age would usually have few years under belt at small/mid sized firms and got downgraded as fresh grads. but there do have some exceptions whom are hired through connection.

maybe you could try asking friends who worked long enough in big4 to help to get you in.

sammi_edith

Reaction score
actually u can say that for the full time part time thing ;p

for connections wise, i guess this is a just-too-bad situation for me since my frens all left Big4 already.. LOL

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Inpressive.

sammi_edith

Reaction score
paiseh counted wrongly should be 3.5yrs.
(though in between took a half yr break --- i thot i took one year break LOL)

not exactly impressive.. i think there more people here who really impressed me much..

jermainehow

Reaction score
Hi there! Anyone got any tips for handling PWC interview? I heard its one of the toughest among the big 4s! Would greatly appreciate the help.

KevinLevrone

Reaction score
me?

I don't think age should be a matter, I had a 31 year old 1st year associate. you just need to show your enthusiasm if you managed to get an interview

DDDDDDDD

Reaction score
so anyone know if the big 4 orientation programme is important? cuz ill be joining one week later then the main local Uni batch :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.