Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
$2.5k, u may consider Panasonic. Maybe maybe exceed ur budget by $200+, but IMO is better then e brand u intend to purchase.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is typical lifespan for aircon system 3/4? My Toshiba 18years going strong. Doing budget for 5year plan.lol.

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What problems are you having?

I am dumping mine. It gave me endless problems and LG does have ridiculous charges.

Circuit boards spoil, Sensors spoil, Condensor going nuts (auto off), swing motor spoil (both the external vertical-horizontal movement and inside fins (left-right movement), motor that closes the mirror panel spoil, remote controls spoil, it is only short of EXPLODING. :mad: :mad: :mad:

3 fan coils and not one functions as it should and I do service it regularly (oh, I mean repair AND service regularly).

Every air-con technician that sees it, just cusses.

Dump it if you can!

Ouch, that sound really bad ... How long have you been using it bro?

Mine has minor prob compare to yours. One of them will not blow cold air from time to time, so I have to switch off and on, then hope for the best. The 'auto-clean' function also not working. The other one in the living is rarely use but still working alright.

Luckily the one in the mbr is functioning just right and I hope it last. Gonna cost me a lot if I have to rerun the pipes. :(

Bro, can you share your service technician that know how to repair it. Thanks.

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is typical lifespan for aircon system 3/4? My Toshiba 18years going strong. Doing budget for 5year plan.lol.

The Toshibas of those days are hardy machines cos' probably they are MIJ then. My LG Artcool is about 7 yrs, giving some minor problems fr time to time, so I wldn't recommend. :)

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Toshibas of those days are hardy machines cos' probably they are MIJ then. My LG Artcool is about 7 yrs, giving some minor problems fr time to time, so I wldn't recommend. :)
think you are right about old Toshiba MIJ. Paid almost $5k those days for system4 (18kbtu)..now like $3k only. Touch wood, Cross fingers.

huskyjude

Reaction score
I got a quotation for Mitshibishi Electric System 3

3A28VA - $2570
AD18VA - $1350

1/2 inch Insuflex - add $250 to upgrade to Armaflex
Copper G23 - add $50 to upgrade to G22
Drainage pipe 16mm
1 trip installation - if two trips add another $100.
Installation 1 year - but she can upgrade FOC to 3 years.

Got a few questions. Why is armaflex upgrade so ex??
Is G22 upgrade necessary? Mine is concealed piping.
What is the issue with 1 or 2 trip installation? I don't mind 1 trip installation but is there any scenario where 2 trips will be required?

What other things I should raise?

Lastly, anyone heard of Bright Sea Airconditioning & Kaisoon??

Many thanks,
Louise
(from Renotalk as well)

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ouch, that sound really bad ... How long have you been using it bro?

Mine has minor prob compare to yours. One of them will not blow cold air from time to time, so I have to switch off and on, then hope for the best. The 'auto-clean' function also not working. The other one in the living is rarely use but still working alright.

Luckily the one in the mbr is functioning just right and I hope it last. Gonna cost me a lot if I have to rerun the pipes. :(

Bro, can you share your service technician that know how to repair it. Thanks.

Coming 7 years old.

The guys who helped me repair were from Cool Serve and they did a decent job. But one fan coil after another.. part after part... even they were not happy with it.

I am re-running the pipes, got mine from All Best last time and they messed up. Gotta tear down my wardrobe and re-assemble to settle it or the first fan coil cannot be taken down :(

terumo

Reaction score
To Huskyjude,

2 trips is needed when u are doing reno at the same time, so the trunking can be installed first, after painting and rest is done, then they come back and install the fancoil.
If u r currently staying there and not doing any reno, single trip is fine.

For concealed pipes, if budget permits, use G22 and 1/2 will be ideal.
But i suggest Armaflex brand insulation.

tzxiang

Reaction score
Went to gain city(GC) for ac.
Given the following price and detail
Mitsubishi Starmex 4sys
$4299
MSY-GE10VA *3 unit
MSY-GE24VA *1 unit
Insulation 1/2
Drainage 16mm
Copper Pipes G23.

1.Any advice and review for the specifications given?
2.Anyone installed Mitsubishi Starmex AC from GC recently, can post some photo on their end product work. =)
3.Any review for the workmanship from GC?

huskyjude

Reaction score
many thanks terumo,

can i check with you on thermaflex class 0 versus armaflex?

One contractor claims that this is much better than armaflex & he says he will use 1/2inch for my concealed piping **** rm & 3/8inch for normal trunking for my 3 bedrooms.

He also claim his G23 (GT or GIT) copper pipes made in Thailand are much better than the std G22 pipes the industry is using.

Is that true?

Many thanks,

terumo

Reaction score
Huskyjude,

I prefer Armaflex over Thermaflex. Up it's your notice.

As in g23 vs g22. G22 is thicker,
I am not sure if made in Thailand is better a not.
But if budget permits, use G22 will be better for concealed pipes.

huskyjude

Reaction score
I have no choice already - need the aircon installation by this week.
This aircon contractor knows my main contractor so it is easier to coordinate.

Thanks terumo I learnt a lot from you & your website. Many thanks!!

raytan12

Reaction score
I just bought Panasonic System 3 Inverter (CS-S9NKZW) for $2599+$150 (bracket). Installation in June. Can anyone advise is Panasonic aircons better or Mitsubishi Electric Starmex? I can still change my orders by topping up $200 for MIT Starmex. Dilemma! Originally I went into the shop with my mind set on Starmex. But then when salesman told me Panasonic got econavi & nanoe-g functions etc, I changed my min. Hope I didn't make the wrong buy sia. Hehe...
Where did you order from?

raytan12

Reaction score
I just bought Panasonic System 3 Inverter (CS-S9NKZW) for $2599+$150 (bracket). Installation in June. Can anyone advise is Panasonic aircons better or Mitsubishi Electric Starmex? I can still change my orders by topping up $200 for MIT Starmex. Dilemma! Originally I went into the shop with my mind set on Starmex. But then when salesman told me Panasonic got econavi & nanoe-g functions etc, I changed my min. Hope I didn't make the wrong buy sia. Hehe...
So which brand did you eventually go for? I was told the clearance I have from ceiling isn't enough for mitsubishi, so may take panasonic

huskyjude

Reaction score
Owner to provide isolators for new aircons?

Hey guys,

My quotation got this exclusion and that I got to provide 2 sets 20A/1PH/230C Isolators for new aircons. Is this common for the owners to provide this? I thought it will be included in the package price?

I don't know where to get this though. Would someone assist with this soonest as I need to sign the quotation by today.

1) OWNER TO PROVIDE 2 SET 20A/1PH/230V ISOLATORS FOR NEW AIR-CONS.

Many thanks,

ydleong

Reaction score
Replacing my 11 year old Hitachi System 3

I am looking to upgrade to a System 4, to include the living room with an additional blower and FCU.

I am contemplating between Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin, although price only differ by a few hundreds.

I prefer a All-in-One unit with ioniser and air filter capability, currently I have a Delonghi Air Filter cum Ioniser which is serving me well. Thought of saving space and effort, by leveraging on the air con blower unit with built-in function.

I have done a few calls to the Gxxx Cxxx, Cxxx Sxxxx... both are quite competitive, next is base on the confidence and instinct.

So, if anyone can give some suggestions and things to look out for the bundle package and materials. Please advice.

fyeebiyd

Master Member
Reaction score
My current place's aged Daikin system is giving way. So after reading this thread, decided to pop by a local supplier for a quote.

My current place is a late 90s 4 room flat, so there's a situation that the master bedroom is like almost 1.5 times the size of either one of the bedrooms.

As a result, I think the configuration of 9k BTU for each of the 2 bedrooms and a 12k BTU will be most suitable.

Apart from that, we will need a relatively quiet compressor as the design of the flat requires it to be placed pretty near to one of the bedroom's window.

So the supplier narrowed down for me 2 models to choose from: 1 is Mitsubishi's Electric System 3 Inverter and the other is Fujitsu System 3 Inverter as these are the only 2 that have 28K BTU and above compressor. Opting out of Daikin for the moment.

Here are the details:

Fujitsu A0AG30LATH (30K BTU compressor)
2 x 9 BTU fan coil
1 x 12 BTU fan coil

Price: $3,399 nett (inclusive of installation and removal of old system)

Mitsubishi MXY3A2YVA (28k BTU compressor)
2 x 10 BTU Fan coil
1 X 13 BTU Fan coil

Price: $3,039 nett (inclusive of installation and removal of old system)

Bracket - $150 nett

Installation is done with 3/8 class 1 Armaflex, G23 copper pipes and 16mm drain pipe

Optional upgrade to 1/2 class 1 Armaflex, G22 copper pipes at $180 nett.

One question is, based on what is recommended for Mitsubishi, if all 3 are on at the same time, won't it be overloading the compressor by minimum 5k BTU?

Please advise which will be a better option to go for?

Should I get a 24K BTU compressor system instead in order to widen my choices?

terumo

Reaction score
To Freebiyd,

If you on all 3, the 12k will perform like a 9k instead.
If you worried abt the btu, you can get the 4a38 (36k btu) outdoor. That unit is physically bigger then the 3a28, but its a bit overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.