~Porter Japan Official Thread~

evewbb

Reaction score
i would say no based on my my own experience. bought a bag there with 10% discount (member), i came back to check at porter singapore - it was the same price and that is after discount at HK..

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going to taipei soon

is it cheaper to hoot porter int'l from taipei compared to singapore?

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
how many porter brands are there? I saw someone with a black leather briefcase with gold zip but can't locate it on the Headporter website. Any idea?

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there an english site for ace company? Or is there a place in singapore where i can see the bags in person?

yosihda porter no way can see in person in sg
unless u fly to HK or jp

the only porter is porter intl which is from taiwan

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If porter int'l is not related to porter and they keep copying their designs, why aren't they sued by the real porter?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hooted a Headporter Tanker from Rakuten, shop name Futaba Bags..Use CC and paying S$270 for it inclusive of shipping. Ordered on Sun, ship out Mon, reach SG on Wed night and still lying there..Called them to kpkb already and ask them to deliver tomorrow.. :s13:

622-8810.jpg

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If porter int'l is not related to porter and they keep copying their designs, why aren't they sued by the real porter?

In fashion, it is not worth to get trademark on its products unless your trademark is worth a lot of money like LV monogram. While it is also costly to engage in court cases and establishing that one is copying your design out-rightly. Most will prefer to compete on churning out new prototypes and designs to capture the market during the shorter product life cycle.

The once fierce rivalry between the two companies has also mellowed to a strategic partnership forming the Y.P.I.

In reality, the companies will face more difficulties targeting those blatant counterfeits originating from China which have a greater impact on their business.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there an english site for ace company? Or is there a place in singapore where i can see the bags in person?

You don't exactly need english for browsing Cool-Cat's Yoshida & Co site, all the necessary and important columns are just on the side bar and above, the site comes with those bag's real pictures and true dimension specs/sizes are also clearly listed.

What I can share though is if you just want to see the actual sizing of the Yoshida bag irl, you can just check out the local Porter Internationals ard here, usually the bag sizes are the same. For Headporter/Headporter Plus merchandise series, Surrender is one of the official stockist here locally so you can go check out their store, but probably they don't have as wide/vast a range to physically browse from, compared to the official stores in Hongkong/Japan.

What's the different between Head porter and porter international ??

Porter International is an independant Taiwanese company started back in 2001, while Headporter was established/spear-headed by Hiroshi Fujiwara back in 1998, but HP label's products still goes through actual manufacturing process under Yoshida & Co. Limited (also known as Yoshidakaban/Kurachika in JP), which is also why you see on the bags themselves it is still clearly labelled with the logo tag "Yoshida & Co/Porter".

Headporter is more commonly known as a streetwear designer label, while Yoshida & Co's own Porter/LUGGAGE Label are considered their own household/traditional brands widely known in JP/Taiwan or even Asia, they also have more flagship stores than Headporter in Japan alone. They have different bag lines/series, while Porter International label commonly just follows what Yoshida & Co's own Porter label churns out, but it's good to note as mentioned by micey84 in 1 of the prev posts, Yoshida & Co and Porter International has already since teamed up and formed a mutual partnership back in 2010, so you can't exactly say PI is a fake/sub-par brand label now, as they do share the similar/coherent designs from Yoshida & Co's own label series.

Just sharing some of the information I know that's all, but srsly all that stuff has alrdy been discussed before in the earlier pgs of this thread already, just spend some time to read up this thread if you wanna know the history of Yoshida & Co/Headporter brand labels. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.