20% Off Comprehensive Single Trip Plans
15% Off Essential Single Trip Plans

"Travel with a Peace of Mind!"

Our iPhone App can be downloaded from the below link:

App Store - SG Smart Traveller

or

Search for "Smart Traveller" in the App Store

Terms & Conditions:

1) This promotion is valid from 10th May 2012 till 30th June 2012. Both dates are inclusive.

2) Discount is only applicable for AXA SmartTraveller Single Trip plans issued through our DSL Alliance iphone app.
3) This promotion is not applicable for any concurrent promotions.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Travel Campaign

(10th May TO 30th June 2012)

For Travel Policies issued through our iPhone App:

or

Terms & Conditions:

1) This promotion is valid from 10th May 2012 till 30th June 2012. Both dates are inclusive.

2) Discount is only applicable for AXA SmartTraveller Single Trip plans issued through our DSL Alliance iphone app.

The iphone app doesn't work for me. After keying in all info, when I clicked 'Pay by Paypal', it returns 'verification error' ('information incomplete'), but it didn't indicate what info was incomplete. When I called the Sales Hotline number indicated on the App, it was directed to Emergency Assistance dept. LOL.
In the end, MSIG has my business. Paid online, terms not as good, but no fuss.

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
The iphone app doesn't work for me. After keying in all info, when I clicked 'Pay by Paypal', it returns 'verification error' ('information incomplete'), but it didn't indicate what info was incomplete. When I called the Sales Hotline number indicated on the App, it was directed to Emergency Assistance dept. LOL.
In the end, MSIG has my business. Paid online, terms not as good, but no fuss.

Hi!

Reply through PM to you.

"Verification Error" by paypal is error issued by Paypal. Most of the time is due to poor network. For simplicity, just shut off the app & on again. Will work.

Sales Hotline divered to emergency line. We are looking into it.

Sorry for the trouble caused!

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Hey what did you choose MSIG as opposed to Chartis or NTUC? First time buying insurance here..

Price and coverage, and ease of application online. MSIG has 20% off - I don't know if this is always there or just gimmick. They don't require you to fill in a long list of particulars before they show you the online quote which is nice compared to others. I have been using MSIG for my past few trips. This time I almost bought from AXA throguh their Iphone App promotion (above thread). The coverage is good with the discount. It's just fated that I am not their customer for this trip due to the App issue. In any case, you can just check out the individual websites and see their various plans and get quotation online before you make a decision. I can't comment on the ease of claim area as I have no need to do so for all my trips so far. :)

starsandstripes

Reaction score
thanks nwh, i guess coverage across sites should be pretty similar. The ease of claims should be the deciding factor, methinks.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
thanks nwh, i guess coverage across sites should be pretty similar. The ease of claims should be the deciding factor, methinks.

They looked similar, but the devil is in the details. Compared the coverages (compensation in the event of claim) of all the plans and you will be surprised. Some offer better value for money. Note that cheaper isn't always good - the $ of coverage may be substantially lower. It's quite tedious to go through the individual items (I dread that - I only do that when it's a new plan that I have never evaluated before).

You are right on the claim aspect. It will be good if somone can share their claim experience here. Rgds. :)

starsandstripes

Reaction score
^Googled ACE insurance it seems that the claiming process sucks. I'm looking at TENET and NTUC travel insurance, they seem to be pretty similar. If i'm heading to Taiwan for a month, which should I get?

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
Travel Campaign

or

Terms & Conditions:

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
^Googled ACE insurance it seems that the claiming process sucks. I'm looking at TENET and NTUC travel insurance, they seem to be pretty similar. If i'm heading to Taiwan for a month, which should I get?

Take a look at our policy through our app as below.

Benefits-wise, ours is definitely better.

In view of the discount given, we might be better. Do take a look.

Diveraz

Reaction score
Travel Campaign

or

Terms & Conditions:

This offer is only for iPhone users, but what about people who do not use an iPhone? Any other alternatives to enjoy the same promotion?

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
This offer is only for iPhone users, but what about people who do not use an iPhone? Any other alternatives to enjoy the same promotion?

It is also possible to issue the policy through ipad.

We are rolling our android version in end july - Aug....

Last edited:

gasband

Reaction score
I signed up for Ace Insurance annual plan through AMEX earlier in the year. Their most expensive plan is $382 for worldwide coverage since I need to travel to places like Brazil which I signed up for and surprisingly the coverage seems really good for that price.

And just at my first trip a week after I bought the insurance, I got stuck at Auckland airport for 21.5 hours due to airport worker's fault, they damaged a part of the plane. So I checked, I am liable to be paid $400 for the delay which means my plan is free for the rest of the year haha!

So when it comes to claims, I thought, would it take long? Surprisingly, from the time I reached Singapore, submit the claim together with the letter from the airline, all documents like boarding pass, flight itineraries, I received my cheque in 2 weeks time, not much hassles from Ace Insurance except for one email just to clarify certain issues.

stuckintinysg

Reaction score
If you travel alot,
it is best to get annual plans. We got ours also from Ace
but through standard chartered for world wide coverage as a couple.
Touch wood, haven't had to claim yet and hope to keep it that way :)

Last edited:

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
Yup Yup. Annual Insurance is the best. It covers if you go for day trips to JB. Good for those who always go there for suppers. You will never know when something will happen!

Some plans are cheaper but there have certain clauses for their claims. Like cannot claim more than 2 sections etc. For family plans, some of the children's benefits maybe a fraction of the parents' coverage. So have to read thru for better understanding!

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
Travel Campaign

or

Terms & Conditions:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.