CFA Level 1 Preparation: Kaplan vs CFA Singapore vs Self-Study

future2

Reaction score
selling my
a)stalla 2011 level 1 cfa self study package(new and sealed)for $100
1)study guide -5 books
2)practice exam workbook
3)passmaster

b)Texas Instruments BA II Plus Financial Calculator for $50 with receipt..bought in november 2011

sms 96850904

Last edited:

briannn

Reaction score
CFA Level 1 Study Group

Hello friends it's been very informative reading this thread and I had visited Kaplan 2 weeks ago to enquire about the CFA classes.

I think self study would be the pretty much the most efficient, effective and economical way to go?

And I concur with the idea of a regularly study group to increase the chance of passing! :)

I'd like to start the group for CFA level 1 sitting and invite those who're interested to join?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149015195207723/

Let's get something started asap... 300 hours of study time to expend!

Cheers,
Brian

cheappc

Reaction score
what is the total cost of doing

CFA level 1

CFA level 2

CFA level 3

anyone can roughly provide the cost, with or without exam package bundled?

any time limit to pass all the 3 levels?

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
what is the total cost of doing

CFA level 1

CFA level 2

CFA level 3

anyone can roughly provide the cost, with or without exam package bundled?

any time limit to pass all the 3 levels?

Without books-5000
With books-7000

1.5yrs to clear if you are good

drifting

Reaction score
Actually some China website like cfaspace.com super helpful for CFA study.

My strategies for CFA (From a person who scored near >70% for CFA 1,2,3 and cleared the 3 papers in one shot:s13:):
CFA L1: Attempt all of Schweser Qbank+past year paper. Make sure you know what you are doing. Understand the concept not memories the concept.
CFA L2: Attempt all of Schweser Qbank+past year paper.
CFA L3: Have superb time management. Most candidates fail because they cannot finish the paper.

Hi Maisatomai... the cfaspace websai all in chinese lei... do they teach and help in chinese as well? I wonder hows that possible for some of the econs LOS... lol

amethyst168

Reaction score
Selling CFA level 1 2012

Hi all,

I'm selling CFA institute's level 1 2012 print curriculum for $150. Purchased it from CFA institute itself for $230. Completely brand new and untouched.

Do PM me if you'd like to purchase it. thanks! :)

marcustan.sg

Reaction score
Is anyone selling the Schwesser notes?

Is anyone selling the kaplan notes? To those who have bought and passed it. Can i buy it?

Laserrun

Reaction score
i understand CFA require you to have either 4 years of working experience or 4 years of education + working experience.

is it very strict on the kind of 4 years working experience you have? eg, must it be within a bank? and if within a bank, any specifics?

ashy002

Reaction score
cfa lvl 1

IS the e book version that comes together with the registration enuf for passin cfa lvl 1?

JocelynC

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to be a uni year 3 student, graduating in 2014. Is it ok for me to register for the CFA 1 exam this year?
Is there any way to just register for the exam but not any courses or programs???

Is CFA institute the only way to register for the exam?

Please help!

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
i understand CFA require you to have either 4 years of working experience or 4 years of education + working experience.

is it very strict on the kind of 4 years working experience you have? eg, must it be within a bank? and if within a bank, any specifics?

Yes, it must be in finance. Even teaching in university is okay. You list your experience and let the cfa institute decide

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I am going to be a uni year 3 student, graduating in 2014. Is it ok for me to register for the CFA 1 exam this year?
Is there any way to just register for the exam but not any courses or programs???

Is CFA institute the only way to register for the exam?

Please help!

Yes, you can register for l1 exam.

Yes, you can choose to self study. But purchase of ebook or hard copy book is compulsory.

I think cfa institute is the only way to register. I do not know whether service provider like Kaplan will register on your behalf or not

JocelynC

Reaction score
Yes, you can register for l1 exam.

Yes, you can choose to self study. But purchase of ebook or hard copy book is compulsory.

I think cfa institute is the only way to register. I do not know whether service provider like Kaplan will register on your behalf or not

Thank you!

rkg2930

Reaction score
my friend tried ftms, said also gd. the teacher very good and give tips to help u to pass.

chrisggg

Reaction score
7city

7city are good CFA trainers, was very impressed with their lecturers and they have their own notes which were very helpful!
Plus they got tablet which was very useful , you can study literally anywhere!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.