iOCBC Trading Platform

CRViper

Reaction score
Is anybody here using iOCBC to trade? It doesn't seem to have additional functions like stop loss and market order.

I see the top right side says additional functions are blocked, anybody successfully asked their broker to activate it and used it before?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is anybody here using iOCBC to trade? It doesn't seem to have additional functions like stop loss and market order.

I see the top right side says additional functions are blocked, anybody successfully asked their broker to activate it and used it before?

I dun used it so often but if its blocked, you probably need to 'chalk' up enough brokerage a month to gain access to the functions.

Frankly I'm not sophisticated enough to use such functions. You may call me a newbie in this area. :D

CRViper

Reaction score
Some functions are only available to peeps who trade more than $300 worth of broker commission per mth. But I thought are basic functions should be open to all... LoL

Guess not many peeps here uses iOCBC based on the replies here

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use both Poems & iocbc.
I don't like iocbc because my starhub somehow is
not stable , need to log in again & again.
It also blanks out at times of refreshing.

CRViper

Reaction score
Garlic: ok will try that on mon :)

Urs by default was disabled, so after calling urs got enabled?

Cos I don't feel so "protected" without stop loss... That's why trying my luck asking here :)

CRViper

Reaction score
Woods: so far no issues for me when I'm using it at home (using maxonline)

only got their mobile trading platform crashing on my iPhone when I'm on-the-go though. That I agreed with u that it's not so stable

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woods: so far no issues for me when I'm using it at home (using maxonline)

only got their mobile trading platform crashing on my iPhone when I'm on-the-go though. That I agreed with u that it's not so stable

I mean not stable with iocbc app on my iPhone only when I am out.
No problem with home Starhub line.
I

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Garlic: ok will try that on mon :)

Urs by default was disabled, so after calling urs got enabled?

Cos I don't feel so "protected" without stop loss... That's why trying my luck asking here :)

i dint enable.. cos i dont trade very often and usually, most retail investors have very small holdings, and their orders get filled quite quickly and easily or just sell/buy instantly without queuing

so personally, i dont see the need to enable for the functions

lepin888

Reaction score
iocbc

i have heard of friends using iocbc and face problems such as:
- system breaking down evey few months esp after some 'upgrade'
- very slow posting of trades esp when market is active
- even worse for fictitious trades or trades of others being entered into their accounts! This is dangerous!

generally among iocbc, uobkayhian and cimb platforms - the consensus among most is that uobkayhian is most stable and friendly even on desktop and mobile platforms - at least no errors in fictitious trades.

CRViper

Reaction score
Called and asked. Was told the additional functionalities is still "being fixed" at the moment. They put my name on the "queue list" and once fixed in the future they will enable it.

wengweng

Reaction score
I use iOCBC on my iphone 4s. There is definitely a bug or two as once in a while, when I go to the Charting section, the program will hang and I have to power off and on my iPhone. Also, occasionally, the program will shut off itself suddenly. So it's quite quirky. I use it not to trade but to look at the charts and Bid/Ask iMatrix as these two features are lacking in the POEMS app.

Vitaall

Reaction score
I am using iOCBC and have to say its not as stable as POEMS,eg, the Times and Sales, just freezes after some time. And you have to click around to see current indices where POEMS is all in one page

wengweng

Reaction score
I have U-trade, POEMS and iOCBC. If I buy a certain stock using POEMS, will my brokers in U-trade and iOCBC know and vice versa?

I would not want my broker from any of the accounts feel bad because I "didn't give them the commission". Sometimes it's because I want to be able to buy more given that I am given different buy-sell limits by the 3 brokers.

Any comments?

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cos not. None of your brokers will know of your transactions you carried out with another brokers. Would you want them to know??

Nothing to feel bad about. You dun owe them a living or an explanation why you choose not to trade through them. In fact the onus is on them to provide you with a user-friendly interface, fast access, good and free features and a reasonable trade limits that will make you want to trade through them.

Why feel bad about a broker who only gives you a 5K buy limit and expect you to put a deposit for it to be raised? Like I say nothing to feel bad about, there's enough brokers in Spore to go shop around. As it is, the brokerage you pay for your trades are not exactly cheap.

wengweng

Reaction score
Thanks Paul, for your reply. I feel much better.

I thought I read somewhere not too long ago that now brokers can have access to our CDP accounts. That means they would be able to see what stocks and how many shares I have bought. That's why I raised the concern.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have U-trade, POEMS and iOCBC. If I buy a certain stock using POEMS, will my brokers in U-trade and iOCBC know and vice versa?

I would not want my broker from any of the accounts feel bad because I "didn't give them the commission". Sometimes it's because I want to be able to buy more given that I am given different buy-sell limits by the 3 brokers.

Any comments?

That's crazy. Why would you feel bad? In fact, I even told my broker that I have other broker account. You pay for the broker service and they are responsible to giVe you the best experience. Do you feel bad about buying Apple product instead of Creative? If not, it is the same for broker.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Paul, for your reply. I feel much better.

I thought I read somewhere not too long ago that now brokers can have access to our CDP accounts. That means they would be able to see what stocks and how many shares I have bought. That's why I raised the concern.

That's just a proposal by SGX and has not been implemented. I believe you will also need to give permission to your broker for them to access your CDP account. And of cos that's something I will never do if I can help it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.