A.C. Milan Forum - Welcome to San Siro, Home of the Rossoneri

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
rekooB said:
Mancini will never leave Lazio

Never say never in football. Coaching a big club is an achieving for him. Even if he's not joining the coming season but it may be a season after.

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Coppa Italia Result : Roma 1 - 4 AC Milan

Latest News:

Milan seem to have the Coppa Italia in the bag after Serginho's brace earned a crushing 4-1 first leg victory at Roma's Stadio Olimpico.

The Rossoneri are the only team fighting on three fronts and rested several top stars ahead of the Champions?ELeague Final.

The Giallorossi are already assured of the UEFA Cup qualifying spot given to the winners of this trophy, as Milan will enter the Champions?ELeague next season.

Francesco Totti and Marcos Cafu returned from long injury lay-offs to support the on-form Antonio Cassano upfront, but Vincenzo Montella and Francisco Lima were out of action.

Milan had the first real chance on nine minutes when Tomasson chested down the ball, flipped it over Jonathan Zebina and brought a difficult save out of Ivan Pelizzoli.

Christian Abbiati was also tested with a flying fingertip save on Cassano’s splendid curling effort ?Ea finish usually associated with Juve’s Alessandro Del Piero.

Rivaldo showed more enthusiasm than Milan fans have become accustomed to and charged past several defenders, but Zebina out-sprinted him as he reached the box.

Francesco Totti eventually broke the deadlock in spectacular fashion. On the half-hour mark the Roma captain rifled a simply unstoppable free kick into the roof of the net from almost thirty metres. The sheer power on the finish did not stop it curling around the defensive wall.

It was a tense game with a high tempo and there were several yellow cards during the first half. Christian Brocchi, Massimo Ambrosini and Cafu will be suspended for the second leg. Fabio Capello’s men were more energetic and took control after Totti’s goal.

Rivaldo got into a good scoring position on the edge of the box, but somehow fired well wide of the target.

The visitors fought back after the break, but Brocchi’s effort was deflected out for a corner kick.

Soon after Pelizzoli made a reaction save on Tomasson’s close-range effort, but there were also penalty appeals for a push on Serginho.

Milan poured forward and left Roma space to counter-attack, but Abbiati performed a difficult save on Cafu’s angled drive.

The pressure paid off on 62 minutes when Christian Panucci slapped the ball off Tomasson’s chest and the referee pointed to the spot.

Milan have missed five penalties in Serie A this season, but Serginho converted successfully to draw level.

The Giallorossi charged back into the game and had a double chance moments later. Emerson’s fierce volley was fingertipped onto the post before Abbiati plucked Panucci’s header off the line.

The game turned around completely on 70 minutes with a curious piece of luck for the Rossoneri. Massimo Ambrosini’s totally free header took a decisive deflection off Zebina to leave his goalkeeper helpless.

Tomasson was forced off with a shoulder injury, so Andriy Shevchenko made a late appearance.

Roma were clearly in shock and soon after Serginho sprung the offside trap to lift the ball over Pelizzoli.

It was an action-packed second half and Abbiati was again crucial on Totti’s bullet free kick, but was very shaky on another effort from the captain. Daniele De Rossi’s free header shaved the near post as Roma kept pushing.

In the final minute substitute Andriy Shevchenko sealed the humiliating scoreline with a wonderful goal. The Ukrainian took the ball past Panucci with his chest before a delicate lob left the ‘keeper stranded.

The second leg will be played at the San Siro on May 31.

Roma 1-4 Milan

Scorers: Totti 28 (R), Serginho pen 62, 73 (M), Zebina og 70 (M), Shevchenko 89 (M)

Roma: Pelizzoli; Panucci, Samuel, Zebina; Cafu (Guigou 84), Tommasi, Emerson (De Rossi 78), Dacourt, Candela; Totti, Cassano (Delvecchio 74)

Milan: Abbiati; Simic (Kaladze 69), Roque Junior, Laursen, Helveg; Brocchi, Redondo, Ambrosini; Serginho (Dalla Bona 84), Rivaldo; Tomasson (Shevchenko 71)

Ref: Paparesta

DikiDino

Master Member
Reaction score
AC form is slowly coming back. Kind of slow but good enough. That's why i think in the final, AC might actually hold the cup. :)

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
DikiDino said:
AC form is slowly coming back. Kind of slow but good enough. That's why i think in the final, AC might actually hold the cup. :)

I hope so coz I like Milan more than Juventus. But I like Inter more than Milan. But still I like Roma more than Inter, because Francesco Totti :D

DikiDino

Master Member
Reaction score
Hehe, i can say i like most Serie A team. Just that i'm a little more to Inter. Just that little more coz somehow i need to settle for 1. LOL

It would be perfect if Inter can buy Totti over! Totti is good and i find that he's been buried by Roma. Inter need a solid attack midfield and i believe Totti can do the job. Come on INTER, spend your CASH ON TOTTI! :D

Zacxaviqer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So with Coppa Italian cup almost within reach, Final in CL and 3rd place with possible a 2nd place finish in the league is considered bad? I dun think so... In fact so far, I will say Milan has a successful season be it a win or loss in the CL final... The reason y Milan is in 3rd place and not in the first place is because of the inconsistent form against those weaker teams... They have struggled against the weaker team... I still can't believe that they lose to Empoli at home... and failing to beat Brescia and Atalanta... This is wre Inter and Juve gain ground.. They beat these weaker teams with ease... And in each and every game, Milan dominate the proceeding and have a better chances of scoring but the finishing is not up to standard... The 1-0 scoreline is not because Ancelotti deploy a defensive strategy but because the strikers can't put in all the opportunites... This is not an excuse but this is how it is... Ancelotti may not be a coach who opt for an out and out attack but neither is he a very defensive coach as Hector Cuper...

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
DikiDino said:
Hehe, i can say i like most Serie A team. Just that i'm a little more to Inter. Just that little more coz somehow i need to settle for 1. LOL

It would be perfect if Inter can buy Totti over! Totti is good and i find that he's been buried by Roma. Inter need a solid attack midfield and i believe Totti can do the job. Come on INTER, spend your CASH ON TOTTI! :D

Inter boss Moritti likes Totti very much. He ever said that he wanted Totti wearing Inter shirt. But, but Francesco Totti never want to leave Roma. He ever said that even if Roma relegated to Serie B, he'll still follow.

How about Vieri go to Roma :D But again Roma boss Sensi is a super stingy boss, no way for him to fork out the money. So we can only enjoy both in Azurri's shirt :)

DikiDino

Master Member
Reaction score
Totti damn loyal. Not a fame seeker or anything. I like that kind of personality. He plays good football and his team need some good players to coordinate with him, then we can see Roma back to their previous glory form.

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Zacxaviqer said:
So with Coppa Italian cup almost within reach, Final in CL and 3rd place with possible a 2nd place finish in the league is considered bad? I dun think so... In fact so far, I will say Milan has a successful season be it a win or loss in the CL final... The reason y Milan is in 3rd place and not in the first place is because of the inconsistent form against those weaker teams... They have struggled against the weaker team... I still can't believe that they lose to Empoli at home... and failing to beat Brescia and Atalanta... This is wre Inter and Juve gain ground.. They beat these weaker teams with ease... And in each and every game, Milan dominate the proceeding and have a better chances of scoring but the finishing is not up to standard... The 1-0 scoreline is not because Ancelotti deploy a defensive strategy but because the strikers can't put in all the opportunites... This is not an excuse but this is how it is... Ancelotti may not be a coach who opt for an out and out attack but neither is he a very defensive coach as Hector Cuper...

I dunno what u expect. But for me I've a higher expection from AC Milan. Still remember the 80's period the 3 Dutch Musketeers who rip all european teams apart? I think with the players they have now it is not too demanding to ask for more. But with Ancelotti as Milan Coach, one can never expect AC Milan to turn to a team near that.

I never want to compare Ancelotti to Hector Cuper coz Cuper is gone case, he has reach the limit and already beyond our toleration level.

I strongly believe a more agressive and attacking minded coach will help Milan to achieve more, gain more respect and fear others more.

I still bet on Gigi Del Neri, the current Chievo coach. :)

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
DikiDino said:
Totti damn loyal. Not a fame seeker or anything. I like that kind of personality. He plays good football and his team need some good players to coordinate with him, then we can see Roma back to their previous glory form.

especially some good defenders. they've so many matches ruined by their defenders. but still no confident their super stingy boss willing to fork out the money next season :(

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Piacenza 4 - 2 Milan

Hubner 5, 82 (P), Maresca pen 16 (P), Brocchi pen 29, 91 (M), Marchionni 31 (P)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piacenza are already relegated, but wanted to give the home fans a good sending off. Dario Hubner broke the deadlock within five minutes with a fine volley from eight yards on Davide Baiocco's centre.

Milan rested almost their entire squad and essentially fielded the youth team in their final Serie A match of the season.

Piacenza doubled their lead soon after from the spot when Stefano dragged back Hubner. Enzo Maresca stepped up to successfully convert the penalty.

The referee also pointed to the spot at the other end of the field when Vittorio Tosto held back Ibrahim Ba by his shirt. Christian Brocchi drilled home to put Milan back in it.

The scoreline lasted for all of 60 seconds before Marco Marchionni rose to nod in a Tosto cross.

Milan's youth team was not up to the task and Hubner scored another low drive on the counter-attack.

Brocchi salvaged a moment of dignity in stoppage time with a wonderful looping effort from the edge of the box that slotted into the top corner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piacenza: Guardalben; Gurenko, Cristante, Campagnaro, Tosto; Marchionni (Ferrarese 46), Di Francesco, Maresca, Baiocco; Patrascu (Babatunde 63), Hubner

Milan: Fiori; Helveg, Laursen, Stefani (Del Bello 46), Aubameyang (Pastrello 61); Ba, Redondo, Dalla Bona, Brocchi; Matri (Bortolotto 71), Piccolo

Ref: Rizzoli

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Final Table of Serie A

Juventus - 72 pts (Champion League)
Inter - 65 (Champion League)
Milan - 61 (Champion League)
Lazio - 60 (Champion League)
Parma - 56 (UEFA Cup)
Udinese - 56 (UEFA Cup)
Chievo - 55
Roma - 49 (UEFA Cup)
Brescia - 42
Perugia - 42
Bologna - 41
Empoli - 38
Atalanta - 38
Reggina - 38
Modena - 38
Piacenza (R) - 30
Como (R) - 24
Torino (R) - 21

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Top Scorer of Serie A

Vieri Christian (Inter) - 24 (2 pens)
Mutu Adrian (Parma) - 18 (3)
Inzaghi Filippo (Milan) - 17 (1)
Del Piero Alessandro (Juventus) - 16 (6)
Adriano (Parma) - 15
Hubner Dario (Piacenza) - 14 (1)
Totti Francesco (Roma) - 14 (2)
Lopez Claudio (Lazio) - 14 (4)
Di Natale Antonio (Empoli) - 13
Signori Beppe (Bologna) - 12 (5)
Baggio Roberto (Brescia) - 12 (4)
Bonazzoli Emiliano (Parma/Reg) - 10
Cruz Julio (Bologna) - 10 (1)
Doni Cristiano (Atalanta) - 10 (3)

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am so glad to see my thread around with the help of inter fans some more. ac milan is back with some of their recent performances. good one i must say put them back where they belong. attacking is their best bet for the cup and they better push forward from the start.
i foresee that ac milan will win the time but it will be in extra time. hope more stupid people back juve to win and bet on singapore pools then i will wait till the last min to bet on ac milan confirm best odds like how people bet real to win against juve in turin. siao.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ac milan is the euporean champions we deserve to be up there upz:bounce: .

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Can anyone tell me why Filippo Inzaghi is often in an offside position (ala the offside king)?

:confused:

rekooB

Reaction score
Kiwi8 said:
Hi!

Can anyone tell me why Filippo Inzaghi is often in an offside position (ala the offside king)?

:confused:

his brother simone inzaghi also another offside king....:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.