The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a technical question, not sure who can advise on this.

When i buy new lenses, sometimes i realise there are tiny shining spots on the lens surface which looks like dirt but when i tried to clean with soap or water these "specks" wont come off. So im sure these are not dirt. They dont look like scatches to me as well. Nor do they look like chips. They just look like something on the surface of the lens. I noticed them when light relects off the lens surface but you wont be able to see these tiny "specks" if you hold the lens up against the light. So im actually suspecting these could be due to the coating process. Can any experts enlighten me what are these spots and what causes them? Will they affect vision?

This problem has surfaced in recent years and does not just happened to normal unbranded lenses. Even hoya lens have this problem. Is this normal?

EastSider

Reaction score
ust received my specs! at last..
btw i wanna ask one question , i bought my specs with crizal lenses! when i breathe out to the lenses , got crizal magically appear , which comforts me that its crizal lenses.. but one thing.. i ordered the advanced lenses.. so im wondering if only the advanced lenses have special marking on the lenses.. or apply to all crizal lenses (basic etc etc) xD

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for this model from Porsche Design. It's actually P' 8214 according to the official website.

Visited a number of optical shops, but no luck. anyone seen this around? :o

w1r1qw.jpg

xiaokaka

Reaction score
ust received my specs! at last..
btw i wanna ask one question , i bought my specs with crizal lenses! when i breathe out to the lenses , got crizal magically appear , which comforts me that its crizal lenses.. but one thing.. i ordered the advanced lenses.. so im wondering if only the advanced lenses have special marking on the lenses.. or apply to all crizal lenses (basic etc etc) xD

To my limited knowledge, all crizal lenses have that water mark. Be it basic or advance

nuky8181

Reaction score
Hello,

My friend going hong kong in July. Can check if anyone know if the Tag Heuer prescription glasses are cheaper over there?

Hugo

Master Member
Reaction score
any pro here that can give some comments on hoya vs crizal vs zeiss lens?

liangzai

Reaction score
Yes, even asian fit fat cat.

Any idea wats the Rrp?Any other brands tats similar to fat cat design?I m refering to the frame size coz i've difficulty looking for one that suits my oblong face.Currently the fat cat frame suits me.Tia!

strangerjun

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gotten my first spec. When I see far things, I can see. But when I look at computer, it is more blur than not wearing my spec.

is it normal?

:(

xiaokaka

Reaction score
i have a technical question, not sure who can advise on this.

When i buy new lenses, sometimes i realise there are tiny shining spots on the lens surface which looks like dirt but when i tried to clean with soap or water these "specks" wont come off. So im sure these are not dirt. They dont look like scatches to me as well. Nor do they look like chips. They just look like something on the surface of the lens. I noticed them when light relects off the lens surface but you wont be able to see these tiny "specks" if you hold the lens up against the light. So im actually suspecting these could be due to the coating process. Can any experts enlighten me what are these spots and what causes them? Will they affect vision?

This problem has surfaced in recent years and does not just happened to normal unbranded lenses. Even hoya lens have this problem. Is this normal?

Prob the plastic residue left after edging.

xiaokaka

Reaction score
Any idea wats the Rrp?Any other brands tats similar to fat cat design?I m refering to the frame size coz i've difficulty looking for one that suits my oblong face.Currently the fat cat frame suits me.Tia!

$400++ forgot actual pricing. Fatcat comes in 2 sizes iirc.

xiaokaka

Reaction score
Just gotten my first spec. When I see far things, I can see. But when I look at computer, it is more blur than not wearing my spec.

is it normal?

:(

1) ur age?
2) ur glasses are made to see Distance? (more den 5 metres)
or for computer or reading?

Sinkukree

Reaction score
really great offer's and links you are providing here, i was seeking for that from long time...thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.