Collecting Gold and Silver coins

chill_lax

Reaction score
Anybody out there actually collect gold and silver coins? where do you buy from? Singapore mint? or where else? what are the things to look out for when buying such coins? Weight? content?

chill_lax

Reaction score
i wanted to but find it quite expensive... ddi u?

i think it can be a hobby and yet something that can appreciate in value in the future. Which type of coins are you considering? I am currently looking around, trying to find out what to look out for. haha

djchris

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For coin collectors, nothing in the Singapore mint is worth keeping.

For bullion investors, nothing in the Singapore mint is cheap enough.

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
CapsuleMoney: #5 Intro to Precious Metals

CapsuleMoney: #12 Where to buy Precious Metals in Singapore?

You can read 2 of my old Blog post.
Be very careful when you buy Silver and Gold, you need to know the game right in order to play it well.

Similarly to Stocks, you need to at least know the basic logic and roughly know what is a "reasonable" price to buy it.

I am not a pro, but i had been collecting it for about 1year+, if you have any questions you can pm me, i will try my best to answer you.

ruzmidah

Reaction score
Is a 1969 Singapore 150th aniversary foundation gold coin valuable?

All gold coins are valuable. :D
If u are talking abt numismatic value, no so much i think, cos quite a few of these coins available online and pawnshops

ruzmidah

Reaction score
U can check on ebay... If u want to sell fast, sell at spot price (ie, check the weight and gold content and multiply with the gold price now).

If u are selling at spot price, pls pm me. = D

leadtin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can check on ebay... If u want to sell fast, sell at spot price (ie, check the weight and gold content and multiply with the gold price now).

LOL

10 character

casper86

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway there is a Singapore Mint at chinatown. And man, their silver is expensive. A 2011 Chinese Panda is $100......

buxinxie

Reaction score

I take it as a joke.

buxinxie

Reaction score
Of course it is....lol...
:s13:

U guys have no sense of humour

But i am not joking abt "if need to sell fast, sell cheaply" part...That is common sense lah... =p
I have wiped every one of this kind of gold coins I came across in the market over the last ten years. I bought them oftenly at lower than spot price using scare tactics. If you are interested to sell or buy, pm me. I can give you attractive discount like $5 off.

chill_lax

Reaction score
I have wiped every one of this kind of gold coins I came across in the market over the last ten years. I bought them oftenly at lower than spot price using scare tactics. If you are interested to sell or buy, pm me. I can give you attractive discount like $5 off.

scare tactics? u kidding also rite..:s13:
what types of coins do you collect? can show some sample pictures of them?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.